Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 2 - Off to Ethel Waters Neighbourhood- TFC @ Philly Sat March 11 4:30pm

Could do with a goal or two

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday afternoon at PPL Park or whatever they call it now can't come soon enough. The Reds really need to finish on their chances, make the most of them.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say it, I expect a win. Philly didn't make any big moves, and we're a better team. A draw will be a disappointment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather may be a factor (cold and possibly snowy). Screwy March weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone car pooling to philly and have a spot for 2. Will pitch for gas and but some rounds of drinks lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see TFC winning this game, no matter how well Blake plays. The strikers will be annoyed with themselves how they didn't score at RSL and will want to start opening their accounts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barnetta is a massive loss in terms of creativity.

Hope we bring it and break the duck.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edu is still out as well. Their defence isn't all that strong. BUT, as they did when they played us last season at their place, they will bunker and hope to hit us on the counter. We have to move the ball around quicker and try to get passes between the lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should pull out the W in this one. Blake will make the game closer than it should be. I am saying 2-0 in this one with Jozy and Seba opening their season numbers in this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trap game. Philly are a decent team.

Weather will reduce our skill advantage.

Please don't everyone lose their shit if we get beat.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This. Philly are a fine team, and entirely capable of beating us at home despite us being a better team. regardless of what happens in this game we'll still 100% finish higher than them at the end of the season.

I just want to see a solid performance. Early season rust is expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Philly fans dont share your sentiment

This game will also be a Geiger show apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how the second game of the season, or really any of the first 4-5 games are "trap" games. Everyone is sloppy at this time of the year, and frankly Philadelphia will have to play in the same weather.

Maybe not lose one's shit but if we lose I certainly would start getting concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Seba fixes his attitude this game and keeps it straight for the rest of the season. I see Jozy scoring 1-0 final.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InSuL1nImP View Post
    Hopefully Seba fixes his attitude this game and keeps it straight for the rest of the season. I see Jozy scoring 1-0 final.
    What 'attitude' problem does giovinco have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    What 'attitude' problem does giovinco have?
    You know the Toronto fantasies of discontent and locker room cancers. You know I jest.

People can be so fickle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this won't be a popular opinion, and before I say it I think Giovinco is a star, and love everything he has done for our team. The only kit I have ever bought with a name on it is his. But...it doesn't sit well with me that he pulled himself out of the final. Maybe that's what the reference is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he pulled himself earlier we probably would've won, honestly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco has repeatedly said he thought staying in meant we were playing with 10 rather than 11 and that we would be more dangerous with somebody who could run. Turns out we were (see the buildup before the Jozy header). Against a team that tactically set up, having one less runner means we were less likely to win if he stayed in.

Regardless, he was all in last week and will be all in this week. His interplay with teammates was pretty good last week and his few bad touches were still him getting to places where people don't normally get to. People who think he had an attitude last week are looking for stuff.

Sooner we get a win, the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Giovinco has repeatedly said he thought staying in meant we were playing with 10 rather than 11 and that we would be more dangerous with somebody who could run. Turns out we were (see the buildup before the Jozy header). Against a team that tactically set up, having one less runner means we were less likely to win if he stayed in.

Regardless, he was all in last week and will be all in this week. His interplay with teammates was pretty good last week and his few bad touches were still him getting to places where people don't normally get to. People who think he had an attitude last week are looking for stuff.

Sooner we get a win, the better.
    I know all that, but it still puts some doubts in my mind about his mentality. However, he's done so much for the team I'm not holding it against him. I think in some places people will though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I know all that, but it still puts some doubts in my mind about his mentality.
    For me it did the opposite. Giovinco is a competitor and if he's physically able to play he wants to play every single minute, of every single game. The fact that he was willing to take himself out, and put the team's well-being first before his own desire to play says a lot to me.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    For me it did the opposite. Giovinco is a competitor and if he's physically able to play he wants to play every single minute, of every single game. The fact that he was willing to take himself out, and put the team's well-being first before his own desire to play says a lot to me.
    exactly same here.....and same goes for Cristiano Ronaldo during the Euro....I never though much of him until that game, now my opinion totally changed.....of course, it was definitely legit because of the surgery after.

The key is where you write what I bolded.....its worded perfectly.....especially when you factor in the snub of Seba in the MVP voting and how determined he was to show they were wrong in not including him....

I question players who do not accept or understand that they are the player who the team relies on, but I'm pretty sure Seba knows this, and likes it too.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    exactly same here.....and same goes for Cristiano Ronaldo during the Euro....I never though much of him until that game, now my opinion totally changed.....of course, it was definitely legit because of the surgery after.
    I wouldn't speak too soon on Ronaldo. The video of him giving a speech to the team after the game squashed any goodwill he may have built up for me. Basically went around the locker room degrading the rest of the team and staff by thanking them for winning him the cup.

I don't think Seba is like that though. IIRC during the final he tried to run off the cramps for 10-15 minutes but couldn't do it. I can't imagine anyone who's watched him over last two years really believes he's not a proper competitor. That just doesn't compute for me at all.

With regards to his form - meh. he went 6-7 in a row without scoring last season and we did fine. He's still the guy who produced more than a goal a game the last two years. Now that we have Altidore properly firing up there with him I can't see him slowing down any time soon. Give it time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....now....

Delgado at RWB I suspect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post

The key is where you write what I bolded.....its worded perfectly.....especially when you factor in the snub of Seba in the MVP voting and how determined he was to show they were wrong in not including him....

I question players who do not accept or understand that they are the player who the team relies on, but I'm pretty sure Seba knows this, and likes it too.....
    Fair enough. I can understand that reaction too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I wouldn't speak too soon on Ronaldo. The video of him giving a speech to the team after the game squashed any goodwill he may have built up for me. Basically went around the locker room degrading the rest of the team and staff by thanking them for winning him the cup.

I don't think Seba is like that though. IIRC during the final he tried to run off the cramps for 10-15 minutes but couldn't do it. I can't imagine anyone who's watched him over last two years really believes he's not a proper competitor. That just doesn't compute for me at all.

With regards to his form - meh. he went 6-7 in a row without scoring last season and we did fine. He's still the guy who produced more than a goal a game the last two years. Now that we have Altidore properly firing up there with him I can't see him slowing down any time soon. Give it time.
    I never seen that video, but for me, I don't think there was a player in that locker room who would think for a second that they would've won the Euro without Ronaldo's contribution up to that game....as far as the final goes, well, anything can happen in a single game....I'm speaking more to the point of any star player at all having the awareness to say "I'm done", especially in matches of that magnitude.....every star player in every sport has an ego to a degree and it takes a lot from them to be able to say that imo.....

totally agree on the rest though.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....now....

Put Cooper there and then bring back Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess if Beitashour can't play we either put Delgado there, or move Hagglund there (as Mavinga will be available and can take LCB while Zavaleta plays RCB). Philly doesn't have speed to burn on the wings (they had Pontius on the left wing in the opener) so it wouldn't be a complete mismatch with Hagglund like that time Castillo burned him twice in Dallas. However I'd still rather see Delgado because then the right flank wouldn't be dead weight in attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or Mavinga plays LWB and Morrow moves over to the right side for one game. He's play RB before in his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....now....

they won't do it, but I'd play Ricketts there. He would destroy Philly up the right