Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    So what does his performance so far this year say about TFC? He hasn't been a real ass and lost his temper seriously. He has certainly faded out of some games, but usually after making quite a few very good plays that went nowhere.

I wonder if he thinks TFC is one or two players away from being a real contender?

Its funny, but I have seen him loose it several times this year and the explanation about his frustration of the team really seems apparent. From the incedents though it looks like he is very hot tempered about refs and the MLS in general sometimes. Just the way it looks on the TV replays to me.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.blackpoolcitizen.co.uk/sport/3560081.print/

Places up for grabs

11:26am Thursday 31st July 2008

From the longer article...

The long wait for Paul Dickov looks like it will be fruitless though, as he is expected to opt for Major League Soccer next season with Toronto.

And on a personal note, how cool is it that they have a player with my exact name (spelling and all)???!!!!

The candidates appear to be Claus Jorgensen, David Fox, Jermaine Wright and Stuart Green - although Joe Martin could also provide an option there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Its funny, but I have seen him loose it several times this year and the explanation about his frustration of the team really seems apparent. From the incedents though it looks like he is very hot tempered about refs and the MLS in general sometimes. Just the way it looks on the TV replays to me.
    Yes, like Jloome says, there's reason for optimism. It never seems like Robert's anger is prima donna stuff or off base - he always has some legitmate complaint, especially with the refs. Well don't we all?

So far, all the warnings we got about Robert and Guevara haven't turned into anything. And, I bet those guys are also putting some pressure on the team to get better - play better and bring in better players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yes, like Jloome says, there's reason for optimism. It never seems like Robert's anger is prima donna stuff or off base - he always has some legitmate complaint, especially with the refs. Well don't we all?

So far, all the warnings we got about Robert and Guevara haven't turned into anything. And, I bet those guys are also putting some pressure on the team to get better - play better and bring in better players.
    Actually, I'm a bit worried about Guevara and Robinson. This might just be an inaccurate perception on my part, but several times the tv camera has caught them in what appears to be an argument about positioning and roles; maybe it's just the language issue, I dunno. One of the knocks on Guevara as a supposed "locker room cancer" was an inability to follow instruction (at Chivas) and an inability to get along with teammates (at NY), so there might be some danger there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sure they are getting used to playing side by side and accomodating each other, just some growing pains, itll get sorted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any more word today on whether things are any closer with Dickov? I managed to get tickets to the match this Sunday, and I'd like to know if he's going to be playing with Barrett.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A comment from Morgan Campbells blog, take it for what you will

Hello from sunny Blackpool in the U.K. RE:Paul Dickov, apparently Paul was happy to sign permanently for Blackpool but his agent scuppered the deal demanding more money,however manager Simon Grayson wants the deal decided by midnight tonight(01/08/08)one way or the other,Morgan you are so right,wait 5 minutes and things will change,I do know he was very impressed with F.C.Toronto's facilities.Whoever he signs for,the club he joins will get a quality striker who scores and creates goals,even at 35 years of age.There is still life in his legs.Anyway having lived in Toronto for many years I do keep tabs on F.C.T.,all my family live in and around Toronto.Up The 'Pool,Go Toronto.Phil Enright,Blackpool.
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 08-01-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the missus (who heard it from a co-worker- TFC STH), Fan 590 announced he'd signed with us. I just listened to their noon news and there was nothing....so make of THAT what you will....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHHA
    Its all speculation these days

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FCT????
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    according to the missus (who heard it from a co-worker- TFC STH), Fan 590 announced he'd signed with us. I just listened to their noon news and there was nothing....so make of THAT what you will....
    Yes...i heard this as well