Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/

Looks like Dickov doesnt know what hes doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so much talk everywhere. I wish ANYTHING was made official at this point. I'm getting so restless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt Dickov will be in the lineup for Sunday, but I really hope we get Barrett in by then.

To be honest, if Dickov is playing both sides, Mo should offer others contracts who he has been targeting. Players who are close to the end of their careers shouldn't hold teams for ransom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/

Looks like Dickov doesnt know what hes doing
    Never mind Dickov, whats still holding up the McBride/Barrett deal? The Comish announces it at the All-Starr game and the league has yet to approve the deal! What gives???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone thought of using some allocation and a 1st rounder to get a striker within the league? One that will last more than a season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be an immigration issue; his agent has already told Blackpool to fuck off, and they told Leicester a week earlier that he doens't want to go there. That leaves us; coupled with Mo's statement last week that they expect to get an international player in this week, it's obviously Dickov.

But getting playing permission hereis a right pain in the ass, and this may also be hampered by waiting for the league to approve the Barrett move, which Paul has indicated on the boards is being held up by Chicago.

I'll give odds both Dickov and Barrett are available on the weekend.

J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'll give odds both Dickov and Barrett are available on the weekend.

J
    I hope you're right, but I don't think Chicago gives a shit. McBride won't be back for three weeks and he could get hurt. I really think they'll ride this as long as the league lets them (my guess one more game). Its wednesday and it was suppose to be done monday morning.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mandaric not giving up on Dickov

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric is still interested in signing former Foxes striker Paul Dickov.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/7532819.stm

Dickov still on Foxes hit list

Former striker Paul Dickov is a top summer target for Leicester City, according to chairman Milan Mandaric.The 35-year-old Scot is currently holding talks with Canadian MLS outfit Toronto FC, while Championship side Blackpool would also like to take him following a successful loan spell at Bloomfield Road last season.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=342860
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully now the McBride deal is done and Tibily is apparantly released, the logjam is broken and we know officially where we stand with the roster spots.
    Watch this space for the Messi and Torres signings before the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post

Barrett..... Dickov..... Ibby

Sounds yummy.
    Not really....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is the hold up with Dickov? Aren't we already offering him the maximum money for a non-DP player? If he thinks that he's worth DP salary he can go fuck off. Leicester can have him. I don't really mind using the DP spot considering how we probably aren't going to be using it this season anyways but Dickov just doesn't seem worth that amount of money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude really better produce for all the fuss being made over him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"All the fuss"?

OSM, that's an overreaction by your standards. The only people "making a fuss" are us. Everything else is the typical interplay between teams before someone gets signed.

I suspect he's been offered close to league max - the same $325,000 or so that Robert and Robbo are making. There's a chance that's well beyond what Leicester, playing in league one next year, could offer. And Blackpool signalled its intention to use him sparingly by first signing another striker (Daniel Nardiello, yesterday from QPR) and offering him a part-time coaching role. So even if the money were there, he'd be part-time player.

That leaves us as the sensible option, and Leicester as the backdoor in case MLS or immigration fucks things up, both of which are unlikely.

He'll either be announced Friday or Monday, I'm guessing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont know that im overreacting that much. Alot of people are pretty psyched on this guy arriving.
    Dudes 35 and wont be around for much longer, had an ok career, granted we are in great need of a striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but keep in mind that "ok" was the top level, not MLS level. At this standard, he could bag 10-15 a year easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I like the thought of more goals, I fear that bringing on new lucrative short-term contracts will impede progress next year. The off-season will give us the option to source players (for the entirety this time) and bring them in from day one. It also will reflect our draft strategy. The cap is not going to move a whole lot and we need smaller contracts, not larger ones to build the foundation.

Without all the convoluded philosophy on how to run the club, we have too many big contracts with little production and adding more for the short-term doesn't make sense to me. The proven strategies include growth from within. Even Chicago had Barret, Rolfe, Mapp, Soumare before they added Blanco and Conde. Plus a DP will be and older player as well. Why not spend 300K on a younger player that will build part of the foundation, not a bandaid player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but keep in mind that "ok" was the top level, not MLS level. At this standard, he could bag 10-15 a year easy.
    I don't know if I'd agree with that. Prior to warming the bench at Derby, Robert was playing "Ok" at the top level too. Even though he has been a solid contributer, he hasn't set the league on fire or anything. "Ok" players will be "Ok" players everywhere in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difference is that Laurent Robert is a lazy wanker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this on soccer 365:

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson told the local Gazette that he has conceded defeat to Toronto FC in the race for former Manchester City forward Paul Dickov and that he expects the deal to be announced imminently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm....an end to the saga?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Just saw this on soccer 365:

Blackpool manager Simon Grayson told the local Gazette that he has conceded defeat to Toronto FC in the race for former Manchester City forward Paul Dickov and that he expects the deal to be announced imminently.
    Sounds like the Mcbride deal may have been holding things up.......Getr done Mo & lets have Barrett & Dickov up front on Sunday.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Sounds like the Mcbride deal may have been holding things up.......Getr done Mo & lets have Barrett & Dickov up front on Sunday.
    God that'd be sweet...!!!

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets admit it, Mo has finally addressed the major problem we have. We may not have Sukur or Pauleta, but I'll take it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    God that'd be sweet...!!!

Carts...
    Somethng has to happen.......I have to stop waking up in the middle of the night screaming NOOOOOOO as Carver sends in Cunny.......Some of the worst nightmares I have ever had........My 7 & 9 yr old girls come in and console me.......It's ok dad Mo will sign a striker soon.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I don't know if I'd agree with that. Prior to warming the bench at Derby, Robert was playing "Ok" at the top level too. Even though he has been a solid contributer, he hasn't set the league on fire or anything. "Ok" players will be "Ok" players everywhere in the world.
    That's actually not the case Dirk. He got exactly one start at Derby and three late substitutions. He was a regular at Levante before that and reportedly was dangerous all season until a salary dispute (they've been in administration for, like, two years now). Before that, his coach was the famously insane Alain Perrin at Portsmouth, and before that, he had four exceptional years at Newcastle, where he scored 32 goals in something like 138 games (including 21 in league play), which is pretty damn good for a left winger.

Having said that, I'll concede he's always been limited by his own lack of emotional self-control. He can be a real ass, in other words, and he has traditionally lost his temper when he thinks people around him are performing below an acceptable level. He often fades in games out of frustration more than fatigue, I think, because when he wants to he has wheels.

It is not, however, his talent that has ever been disputed, as he was capped for France several times at the height of their power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somethng has to happen.......I have to stop waking up in the middle of the night screaming NOOOOOOO as Carver sends in Cunny.......Some of the worst nightmares I have ever had........My 7 & 9 yr old girls come in and console me.......It's ok dad Mo will sign a striker soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the funniest thing I've read on this board all year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This town needs at least one winning team. Even the intercounty Leafs did crap this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having said that, I'll concede he's always been limited by his own lack of emotional self-control. He can be a real ass, in other words, and he has traditionally lost his temper when he thinks people around him are performing below an acceptable level. He often fades in games out of frustration more than fatigue, I think, because when he wants to he has wheels.
    So what does his performance so far this year say about TFC? He hasn't been a real ass and lost his temper seriously. He has certainly faded out of some games, but usually after making quite a few very good plays that went nowhere.

I wonder if he thinks TFC is one or two players away from being a real contender?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    So what does his performance so far this year say about TFC? He hasn't been a real ass and lost his temper seriously. He has certainly faded out of some games, but usually after making quite a few very good plays that went nowhere.

I wonder if he thinks TFC is one or two players away from being a real contender?
    There's reason for optimism; he puts a lot of dangerous balls into the box and we'll be better equipped to take advantage of that now. Plus, I've seen on a few occasions where he has initially looked like he was going to lose it but checked it before the Ref even said anything. So maybe he's maturing.