Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    do we know if hamilton made the trip?
    He's in the 18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    being the best player by far on the last american u20 squad and earning a contract to europe because of it is at least a reasonable indication of his potential.

also six games for a reserve team is really not a huge sample size.
    6 games in three seasons. And if he had the potential he would still be in Europe and not in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    6 games in three seasons. And if he had the potential he would still be in Europe and not in Canada.
    he spent a 1 and a half years rehabbing a serious, possibly career ending injury. He came back near the end of last year and played a couple this year. It's not like they left him on the bench for 3 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Is that actually what's happening though? I like Vanney, but I have to echo Mighty in saying at first inspection Americans seem to get the benefit of the doubt a little easier. I'm not saying it's intentional either, it could easily be a bias they don't realize they have.

I think as a whole TFC II / Acadmey could be run a lot better. The teams results have been largely mediocre and there's enough local kids who are catching on elsewhere to suggest they need to sharpen their pencils a bit more. Defaulting to brining in Americans (many of whom haven't done much either) seems to be a crutch for our junior teams.
    You telling me that we are playing poorly with Vanneys choices?
    I don't know how the academy is run, not gonna comment on that. It's certainly been ever changing since it's inception. I can comment on our first team and we currently look like one of the best if not the best team in the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I don't know how the academy is run, not gonna comment on that. It's certainly been ever changing since it's inception. I can comment on our first team and we currently look like one of the best if not the best team in the league
    Yeah, we look like the peak-LA Galaxy of old, the one that won 5 MLS Cups. We could be looking at the start of a 3-4 year dynasty here in MLS, till Vanney, Seba, Vasquez or Altidore decide to retire or move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I don't see it as a bias so much as a stark reminder of the level in which Canadian players need to get to. I don't see an upside in handing players minutes simply because they're Canadian. Raheem is a great example, it's obvious that he's getting minutes because he has been able to come in and perform at this level. We need more Raheems, plain and simple. All of the players you mentioned have/had been given ample opportunity to show that they belong at this level.
    Nailed it. Vanney picks the players to help him win and keep his job. Suggesting a bias toward Cdn talent is akin to saying a Cdn Coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning gives Cdn players more ice time over Americans because he's Canadian. It's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I'm not mostly not talking about the first team here. TFC II and more so the development spots. Clearly the first team players, with very few exceptions *ahem* Endoh *ahem* seem to get opportunities that reflect their production on the field.

Are you going to argue the jr. specifically have played well? That we're giving Canadians enough opportunities with those teams?
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-07-2017 at 05:02 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW: Edwards, Delgado & Hamilton are all the same age.

Things change.

A year ago at this time, Chapman was getting a few minutes here or there, Endoh was the rookie doing well, Osorio was in the team each week, Delgado was a starter or off the bench, & Hamilton was the #3 but about to go on a run of play due to injuries and the Copa America. Hagglund & Zavaleta were on the bench but hadn't played any minutes. By the playoffs, Delgado was on the squad as subs, Osorio, Hagglund & Zavaleta started every game while Endoh & Hamilton were not in the 18.

Personnel change but the only thing I see changing status is injury, or a player brought in because the young guy wasn't good enough or a player working their way into the squad.

Honestly, at this point last year, did ANY of us think Hagglund would be replacing Moor in the backline and doing a good job QBing the back?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-07-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards and Delgado are a year older than Hamilton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want canadians to succeed,but where are you going play him ahead of seba, jozy ricketts,from what ive seen of him,he doesnt have the work rate off the ball yet,he is young still if he is good enough he will find a place to play here or somewhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfer window closes today. Something to keep an eye on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Transfer window closes today. Something to keep an eye on...
    We need to sell Jonathan Osorio plus Tsubasa Endoh, and purchase a young right-winger as a backup to Steven Beitashour. We already have Chapman backing up Vasquez and Cooper backing up Delgado, so Osorio is the odd man out. Tsubasa Endoh is just not good enough as a backup for Steven Beitashour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cooper, Delgado and even Morrow are ahead of Endoh on the RWB depth chart. think Vanney was just testing Endoh out there in a pretty inconsequential setting. If Beita is out in a big game I'd imagine we'd see one of those three there before we see Endoh.

Also Osorio is never leaving. I'd put money on him being a one club man. Can't see him wanting to leave and can't see us pushing him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Cooper, Delgado and even Morrow are ahead of Endoh on the RWB depth chart. think Vanney was just testing Endoh out there in a pretty inconsequential setting. If Beita is out in a big game I'd imagine we'd see one of those three there before we see Endoh.

Also Osorio is never leaving. I'd put money on him being a one club man. Can't see him wanting to leave and can't see us pushing him out.
    Even if it's in the interest of the club and on-field performance? :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Even if it's in the interest of the club and on-field performance? :S
    I'm having a difficult time imagining a scenario where either he has regressed so badly he's no longer even a capable squad player, or the talent league wide has advanced so far within the time frame of his career that he's no longer good enough.

He's a great squad player;Fans love him, He can fill a couple roles easily, not too expensive. I can't see any foreseeable reason for us to get rid of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a difficult time imagining a scenario where either he has regressed so badly he's no longer even a capable squad player, or the talent league wide has advanced so far within the time frame of his career that he's no longer good enough.

He's a great squad player;Fans love him, He can fill a couple roles easily, not too expensive. I can't see any foreseeable reason for us to get rid of him.
    You could do better for that money. If his passport was different and folks didn't have maple leaf blinders, he'd be front of the train headed to shit down. But he's Canadian and local, so even when he over dribbles into touch or takes 4 touches on an open shot and kicks into defenders shins it's all good because he is from the GTA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night on Vocal Minority, Kristin mentioned that she had heard that TFC are unwilling to renew Oso's contract as it's set for a pay raise and they think Chapman can do his job. Apparently, Hamilton are gunning to sign him as the first ever CPL signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Last night on Vocal Minority, Kristin mentioned that she had heard that TFC are unwilling to renew Oso's contract as it's set for a pay raise and they think Chapman can do his job. Apparently, Hamilton are gunning to sign him as the first ever CPL signing.
    Hallelujah!! Lately TFC have either been reading my mind or my posts, but whatever the reason, they have been making fantastic moves off the pitch and getting fantastic results on it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso & Chapman are not the same skill set so I wouldn't treat that with much credence. Oso is a shuttler - Chapman is an AM. The VM people tend to lose a bit of sense when it comes to Canadian players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oso & Chapman are not the same skill set so I wouldn't treat that with much credence. Oso is a shuttler - Chapman is an AM. The VM people tend to lose a bit of sense when it comes to Canadian players.
    So what are your thoughts about this? Do you think it's a good idea to let Osorio and Endoh go and use the extra cap space to get a strong candidate to backup from the get-go and eventually replace Beitashour when he starts to lose a step in a couple years? Delgado and to a lesser extent Cooper do that shuttler role better than Osorio in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh doesn't impact budget space as he's not on the senior roster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that making a decision about anybody right now given we are only 1/4 into the season isn't necessary.

Heck, this time last year we were all thinking Hagglund shoudl be traded.

This is a discussion for the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that as much as I like Oso and think he's decent value for money, I def wouldn't sign him for a pay raise unless he really steps up his game this year (i.e. learn how to keep his head down when he shoots). Chapman will lap him in complete skillset if he continues his current path so this is a no-brainer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes sense but it will sadden me if he does leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Why? Are we trying to build a competitive team here, or trying to fill our lineup with people that make us feel warm and fuzzy inside? Heck, let's make Danny Dichio and Dwayne De Rosario our mainline forwards again, switch to a flat 4-4-2 for old time's sake and make Bitchy the Hawk our first choice goalie. *smh*
    I miss Gilberto soooo much, waaahhh!! *sob, sob*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? Are we trying to build a competitive team here, or trying to fill our lineup with people that make us feel warm and fuzzy inside? Heck, let's make Danny Dichio and Dwayne De Rosario our mainline forwards again, switch to a flat 4-4-2 for old time's sake and make Bitchy the Hawk our first choice goalie. *smh*
    Geez. I'd be sad for Oso if it doesn't work out with his hometown club but the team is progressing at a faster pace than he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always sad to see hometown players not make it, if this is the case in this instance. Didn't realise Oso was 25 next month, for some reason I thought he was younger than that. He hasn't progressed to the extent his initial talent threatened to do so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard a bad word this season about every player but Seba and even he got a few words about possibly being old. Players get a roasting by somebody. Then they play a game well and suddenly everybody loves them again.

Suggesting that anybody in this squad is unable to help this team compete is premature.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    WTF. This is fb worthy over reaction.

It would sadden him. He doesn't say not to do it. If you don't have any fond feelings for Oso's stay here then I'd question what you get from supporting a home team.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone says osorio is poor at defending, but cooper is the one that causes the goals.

Chapman is the better AM but not the same type of midfielder. Id rather keep chapman and osorio and let go of cooper.

Osorio has recently been brought in to close out games, and he does it well.

And we are undercap, we can get rw depth and replacment when it becomes available.

Im not sold on Mavinga, lets start there after he gets a few more games

Midfield is not the problem to focus on