Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Expected recovery by Spring tho
    Robbo yesterday “Mati’s got a long term injury, he’s going to be out 10 months, 12 months, he’s just about halfway there,” he said of Laba, who was a designated player.
    Seems like end of spring earliest. VWFC are looking to re-sign him anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always wonder what a backfield duo of Bradley and Laba would look like, especially as Laba could probably be a TAM signing once the new funding scheme is in place..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like Laba but unlikely he fits our roster at this point. His role and Bradley’s would be too similar to fit into a regular 11 and maintain midfield balance.

I’d use TAM on one of the following: a high quality starting 2 way midfielder who adds more to our attack, a “substitute” striker that provides more well rounded play than what we currently have, or a lockdown CB, just in case Hagglund doesn’t fully recover or Moor’s form slides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really don't need him but Julio Cesar mutually terminated Benfica contract a little bit ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Really don't need him but Julio Cesar mutually terminated Benfica contract a little bit ago
    I can't see him coming back to be honest. I think Alex Bono would start over him and I can't see Cesar being a backup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julio Cesar is 38. I suppose he can go back to Brazil if he wants to.

But if he's willing to be Bono's mentor on cheap to ride out rest of his career... Would be helluva back up to have for few years.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather we bring in a young midfielder to push out Delgado. When we have guys like Delgado on the bench, that is when we the league starts to really thrive. Delgado is good. I wouldn't mind letting Moor go and bringing in an elite CB.