Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Don't think Bez is going to sell off anybody to get a backup, a guy who will maybe last 2 seasons. We don't need him that bad.
    hes going to have to, I think. These guys will want minutes, and not all of them can get them. Those are all starters on someone's MLS roster

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    hes going to have to, I think. These guys will want minutes, and not all of them can get them. Those are all starters on someone's MLS roster
    Agreed, now Bez has to get ready to play the game and see what he can leverage to get the best return back for players.

The one thing I see playing out if LAFC in the expansion draft trying to pry either Delgado or Osorio off us. Cooper I think will be a waiver player or some allocation at most. Irwin may be a piece to move as well.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Agreed, now Bez has to get ready to play the game and see what he can leverage to get the best return back for players.

The one thing I see playing out if LAFC in the expansion draft trying to pry either Delgado or Osorio off us. Cooper I think will be a waiver player or some allocation at most. Irwin may be a piece to move as well.
    they will take delgado is left unprotected, no doubt.

hate expansion roster picking, what a dumb idea

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Yes, somebody is going to go in the expansion draft. And possibly somebody will not be resigned. But they are not going to sell off anybody to get Hutchinson.

I don't think Delgado is going anywhere soon. He's a starter this year and is demonstrably better then Osorio & Cooper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way Atiba comes to TFC is if Bradley is leaving.
    Otherwise it makes no sense.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does it make no sense? He walks straight into our starting 11. The way he plays would fit perfectly to replace Delgado from the starting XI. And remember this, his contract end in less then a year. If we decide to get him free, we can pay him using the money saved from cooper's and Irwins contract, plus the extra allocation we get next year because of champions league, plus the rumoured increase of TAM next year because of the adidas sponsorship money. Why would you say no to improving our starting XI? He's making 1 million right now at Besiktas. If he willing to take a little pay cut, we can afford him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by molenshtain; 09-08-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, somebody is going to go in the expansion draft. And possibly somebody will not be resigned. But they are not going to sell off anybody to get Hutchinson.

I don't think Delgado is going anywhere soon. He's a starter this year and is demonstrably better then Osorio & Cooper.
    If I remember correctly we bought our way out of this last time, Irwin was selected and then traded back for Mark Bloom and some allocation money. I am sure Bez is all over this

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2...ion-draft.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    How does it make no sense? He walks straight into our starting 11. The way he plays would fit perfectly to replace Delgado from the starting XI. And remember this, his contract end in less then a year. If we decide to get him free, we can pay him using the money saved from cooper's and Irwins contract, plus the extra allocation we get next year because of champions league, plus the rumoured increase of TAM next year because of the adidas sponsorship money. Why would you say no to improving our starting XI? He's making 1 million right now at Besiktas. If he willing to take a little pay cut, we can afford him.
    Delgado is on the uptick in terms of his career, Hutch is in the twilight. Why sell the future by relegating Delgado to the bench to help win today when we are already having one of the best seasons on record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can only lose one player in the draft. Irwin, Cooper are my bets to be taken.

Getting Hutch is the same thing as what Hockey/baseball teams do when they're going all in on a playoff run. Mortgaging the future for a ringer to help in the playoffs. I think we're doing just fine without him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    Delgado is on the uptick in terms of his career, Hutch is in the twilight. Why sell the future by relegating Delgado to the bench to help win today when we are already having one of the best seasons on record.
    Two things to this.

1) Atiba might be older, but for anyone that watched him last season knows how high of a level he's playing at. Guy is captaining the Turkish champs and a champions league side. I don't think Delgado will ever be as good a Atiba in his career ( my personal opinion). If Atiba has 2-3 more solid years in him, we can structure a deal that doesn't handcuff him when fathertime catches up to him.

2) I've never really understood why people have such a problem with improving an already elite team. You must always get better when u can. Delgado being relegated to the bench isn't a bad thing. One, it's a long long season. The chances that one of our starting 5 midfielders getting hurt when playing 34 regular season games, possibly 5-7 playoff games, up to 8 champions league games, plus international games/tournaments is very high. You need to rotate, and Delgado could start or come on for Atiba or Bradley if need be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things to this.

1) Atiba might be older, but for anyone that watched him last season knows how high of a level he's playing at. Guy is captaining the Turkish champs and a champions league side. I don't think Delgado will ever be as good a Atiba in his career ( my personal opinion). If Atiba has 2-3 more solid years in him, we can structure a deal that doesn't handcuff him when fathertime catches up to him.

2) I've never really understood why people have such a problem with improving an already elite team. You must always get better when u can. Delgado being relegated to the bench isn't a bad thing. One, it's a long long season. The chances that one of our starting 5 midfielders getting hurt when playing 34 regular season games, possibly 5-7 playoff games, up to 8 champions league games, plus international games/tournaments is very high. You need to rotate, and Delgado could start or come on for Atiba or Bradley if need be.
    1) Atiba would take up a lot of TAM that we may or may not have.
    2) Delgado can do a very effective job for us in his role. He's being talked about as a future USMNT player, and deservedly so. We don't know Delgado's potential yet. He's miles better than he was even last season.
    3) Atiba is indeed playing at a high level right now. But he's still old. People thought Zlatan was indestructible until being 35 caught up to him.
    4) what kind of message does it send to our young guys that no matter how well you play, we'll still be looking for a more experienced player to replace him.

In a non-salary capped league it may make sense to go after Hutchinson. But that's not the world we live in. Signing him would cost us later when it comes time to resigning some of less heralded players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but no, as much as I like Atiba, the way Delgado has played this year and the fact he is younger, there is no way I would give up Delgado to get Atiba. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Delgado was already a player many teams had their eye on when he was playing with Chivas USA, therefore, it does not surprise me he is having the kind of season he is having, I still can't believe we ended up getting him over all the other teams when Chivas USA left the league, the kid was and is a talent as we are seeing, if we have to give him up in order to get an Atiba I say no sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Sorry but no, as much as I like Atiba, the way Delgado has played this year and the fact he is younger, there is no way I would give up Delgado to get Atiba. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Delgado was already a player many teams had their eye on when he was playing with Chivas USA, therefore, it does not surprise me he is having the kind of season he is having, I still can't believe we ended up getting him over all the other teams when Chivas USA left the league, the kid was and is a talent as we are seeing, if we have to give him up in order to get an Atiba I say no sorry.
    Who's saying get rid of Delgado? I'm not suggesting getting rid of him. Getting rid of Cooper and Irwin will open up more than $400,000 that can be used towards his salary. We gaining more allocation for being part of the champions league, plus the extra TAM that is suppose to come in because of the huge sponsorship deal. And I feel that you think Delgado won't play because Atiba is coming in. I just named you up to 50 games that we could be playing in next year. With the World Cup, even with Atiba, Delgado could start anywhere from 15-20 of the 50 games, not including substitute roles or anyone getting hurt, which we should expect to happen. It also allows us to play different formations if we please

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can use that TAM etc to keep our core intact. About 2/3 of the team is out of contract at the end of the season. (if transfrmarket knows anything) /www.transfermarkt.com/toronto-fc/kader/verein/11141/saison_id/2016/plus/1

Atiba isn't as important as that project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non of our TAM signings are out off contracts. So we cant use it on the rest of the squad. That's GAM FYI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non of our TAM signings are out off contracts. So we cant use it on the rest of the squad. That's GAM FYI
    It's possible Morrow might get a contract large enough that warrents using TAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looked at differently, Cooper is completely expendable and Oso is a like for like replacement for Delgado, better in some skills, weaker in others. Delgado is therefore perfect trade bait if we get something out of it, roster space,TAM, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Looked at differently, Cooper is completely expendable and Oso is a like for like replacement for Delgado, better in some skills, weaker in others. Delgado is therefore perfect trade bait if we get something out of it, roster space,TAM, etc.
    Not really. The midfield really doesn't work when it's Oso on instead of Delgado. Delgado has shown at least in the last few months that he's better than Osorio and fits our system better. Trading away Delgado would be insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atiba is fabulous. And a great servant to Canada. Not the right fit for this club at this moment. Possibly Montreal, would love to see him in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Atiba is fabulous. And a great servant to Canada. Not the right fit for this club at this moment. Possibly Montreal, would love to see him in the league.
    Anything but Montreal, even Vancouver would be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou is most likely retiring at the end of the season and Atiba might be coming in as a replacement for him. Atiba is still an engine despite him being 34. Maybe Bez is just trying to add more options for the playoff run, I won't be against this transfer at all. Atiba is experienced, he could be Delgado's mentor, and most of all he's Canadian .
    Last edited by khso11; 09-09-2017 at 04:03 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather see Hutch in the new CPL. He would lead a team there. Here, while he's got clout, he would not be THE top dog.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Find the younger version of Cheryrou....
    Liam Fraser? he seems to be being groomed for that spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Liam Fraser? he seems to be being groomed for that spot.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Last year it was Chris Mannella who quickly fell off the face of the earth.

TFC II's midfield has consistently been a shit show. They have very little team shape. Very hard for someone to distinguish themselves under those circumstances.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll believe it when I see it. Last year it was Chris Mannella who quickly fell off the face of the earth.

TFC II's midfield has consistently been a shit show. They have very little team shape. Very hard for someone to distinguish themselves under those circumstances.
    I suspect there is going to be a coaching change over the off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club has been loud about how good they think Fraser is. Very obviously positioning him as Cheyrou's replacement after this season.

Granted I haven't watched him much this but that's certainly what they we signalling during pre-season earlier this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    The club has been loud about how good they think Fraser is. Very obviously positioning him as Cheyrou's replacement after this season.

Granted I haven't watched him much this but that's certainly what they we signalling during pre-season earlier this year.
    Hey if it works I'm all for it, just not holding my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerning the LA FC expansion draft at the end of the season.

For reference, this was our list for the Atlanta/Minnesota expansion draft

Last year

PROTECTED UNPROTECTED
    Altidore, Jozy
    Bradley, Michael
    Cooper, Armando
    Delgado, Marco (HG via Chivas)
    Endoh, Tsubasa
    Giovinco, Sebastian
    Hagglund, Nick
    Moor, Drew
    Morrow, Justin
    Osorio, Jonathan
    Zavaleta, Eriq

Automatically Protected:
    Bono, Alex (GA)
    Chapman, Jay (HG)
    Hamilton, Jordan (HG)
    Manella, Chris (HG)
    Morgan, Ashtone (HG)

New Additions in 2017
    Sergio Camargo (HG - auto protected)
    Brandon Aubrey
    Chris Mavinga
    Victor Vasquez
    Raheem Edwards
    Jason Hernandez
    Oyvind Alseth
    Mark Pais
    Ben Spencer (Homegrown apparently via RSL- auto protected?)
    Nicolas Hasler
    Babouli Molham
    Beitashour, Steven
    Bloom, Mark
    Cheyrou, Benoit
    Irwin, Clint
    Johnson, Will
    Lovitz, Daniel
    Ricketts, Tosaint
    Roberts, Quillan (HG?)
    Simonin, Clement
    Williams, Josh

Depending on options and contract expirations, from the new additions, Vasquez is a must protect, with possibilities to Mavinga, Edwards, and Hasler. I could see them unprotecting Cooper and Endoh for Vasquez and one of Mavinga/Hasler (since we had to protect a certain number of intl's), and maybe drop Hagglund/Osorio for Hasler/Edwards

edit: fix typos
    Last edited by rydermike; 09-10-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^sorry if I'm late to the discussion, but isn't Edwards also HG / autoprotect?