Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    ^sorry if I'm late to the discussion, but isn't Edwards also HG / autoprotect?
    I just got my info from here from the current roster section. It's Wikipedia so obviously not the most credible source, so he very well could be and hopefully is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Toronto_FC_season

Edit: tfc doesn't list him as homegrown on their website, they don't list spencer as homegrown (via real salt lake) either. Also Delgado is a homegrown player (via chivas) but we had to put him on our protected list. Quillan Roberts was also homegrown, but wasn't autoprotected either. As always, MLS rules are questionable

https://www.torontofc.ca/players
    Last edited by rydermike; 09-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I just got my info from here from the current roster section. It's Wikipedia so obviously not the most credible source, so he very well could be and hopefully is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Toronto_FC_season

Edit: tfc doesn't list him as homegrown on their website, they don't list spencer as homegrown (via real salt lake) either. Also Delgado is a homegrown player (via chivas) but we had to put him on our protected list. Quillan Roberts was also homegrown, but wasn't autoprotected either. As always, MLS rules are questionable

https://www.torontofc.ca/players
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2017/toronto-fc

That lists Spencer as homegrown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember that they can only lose at maximum one player. The ones who are indispensable will be protected. The rest, well, to be honest, losing any one of those players would mean that Bez would have an upgrade ready to replace them and no loss of chemistry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u cant replace cheyrou with a kid

his experience in the locker room and coming off the bench is too valuable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    u cant replace cheyrou with a kid

his experience in the locker room and coming off the bench is too valuable.
    Isn't Cheyrou due to retire soon anyways? I feel there are enough leaders in the locker room. And you gotta give kids a chance eventually, if they have the potential.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Isn't Cheyrou due to retire soon anyways? I feel there are enough leaders in the locker room. And you gotta give kids a chance eventually, if they have the potential.
    i mean replace him with another experienced player

he knows what it takes to win big games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i mean replace him with another experienced player

he knows what it takes to win big games
    You'd imagine after years of playing in big games the rest of the team would have the necessary experience to cope in big games.

I'm still betting Liam Fraser is his replacement. No reason to keep signing vets when we have kids the FO is high on in the same positions. They gotta get first team looks at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've heard, isn't Cheyrou going to be involved in the academy once he retires?

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    From what I've heard, isn't Cheyrou going to be involved in the academy once he retires?
    That's the rumor. He wants to get into coaching - whether it is in Toronto or not is the question.

I can't remember if he has any of his certifications yet - I believe there was a story that he was working on them during the off season.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    That's the rumor. He wants to get into coaching - whether it is in Toronto or not is the question.

I can't remember if he has any of his certifications yet - I believe there was a story that he was working on them during the off season.
    In this article by John Molinaro it doesn't specify whether he has or not yet.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/benoi...league-soccer/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post

tfc2 will probably have any opening lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for our CCL chances, if they ever sort it out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TAM could be used to pay increases for our free agents to keep the team together. I think MLS is realizing that they're going to have to loosen the purse strings to make up for the additional money that Free Agents are going to be getting and not force teams to blow up their rosters.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The TAM could be used to pay increases for our free agents to keep the team together. I think MLS is realizing that they're going to have to loosen the purse strings to make up for the additional money that Free Agents are going to be getting and not force teams to blow up their rosters.
    Agreed. I see no reason to tinker too much with what we've got. If we can keep everyone happy (I could see Cooper and Osorio wanting more regular minutes), it will be a big win.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TAM can only be used on DP level player. That means to use TAM on a player, they need to be making more than $500,000. Other then Vasquez, the only other player who would see an increase in pay over 500,000 might only be morrow, and that's even questionable. So the new money would only be able to be used on a new player, traded, or knock down more of Vasquez's contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if we would be keeping Cooper long term considering the very limited number of minutes he was seeing and the drop in his form relative to the average. I think his time would be better spent on Edwards (speedy winder), JChap or another up and comer and limiting the payroll and int'l spots to those that need them.

Much as love that this team is dominant, the piper will have to be paid at some point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents on 'expendable' players

-Alseth: cheap, but a 3rd RB right now. Probably another season in TFC 2. Cost an int spot
    -Camargo: I don't even know why he's on roster
    -Cheyrou: Probably retiring. Also frees up an int spot
    -Cooper: Cost too much, an int spot for a 3rd back up at CM
    -Endoh: int spot. Won't get a chance at first team until he can play right wingback.
    -Hernandez: good value for a veteran back up, but I'd want to see one of youngsters to take his spot (IE Aubrey)
    -Morgan: cost too much for essentially a 3rd LB
    -Spencer: has some potential, but probably another year at TFC 2 or loan at NASL

The cap room has to come somewhere. Cheyrou and Cooper...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see us having much turnover in the off-season. Some changes in depth players, Cheyrou retired (replaced by Fraser), and I think Cooper will probably leave. I don't know how Osorio feels about his situation, if he wants a bigger role it's possible he leaves as well. Irwin will almost definitely leave so we'll probably have to find a backup GK.

What could we upgrade with TAM? I guess I could see us signing a high-end two-way RB. Beitashour is maybe getting a bit up there in terms of miles on his legs. Maybe it's a year early to be looking at an upgrade though (since we have Hasler now and he seems solid). Otherwise I think I'd just trade a lot of it for GAM so we can use that to buy down the budget charges of our core roster players (Moor, Morrow, Delgado, anyone due a raise etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would add Atiba Hutchinson in the Summer of 2018 on a TAM deal

Maybe Jack Wilshire would be available in the winter don't know if we need another striker but would be a nice add to keep jozy and seba honest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to Babouli in Syria. I thought he played good for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I would add Atiba Hutchinson in the Summer of 2018 on a TAM deal

Maybe Jack Wilshire would be available in the winter don't know if we need another striker but would be a nice add to keep jozy and seba honest.
    What's with the love triangle with Atiba Hutchinson, I don't think he would be cheap, I honestly don't think he is that good, so why waste money on another player we will lose to any CMNT friendlies or otherwise,
    we further develop one of the kids and spend the money elsewhere. Jack Wiltshire, you are dreaming, those over priced EPL, any English player feel they are worth more than they really are. remember the revolving door of English players we had in the past. Just my opinion, we have enough potential CMNT players on TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    What's with the love triangle with Atiba Hutchinson, I don't think he would be cheap, I honestly don't think he is that good, so why waste money on another player we will lose to any CMNT friendlies or otherwise,
    we further develop one of the kids and spend the money elsewhere. Jack Wiltshire, you are dreaming, those over priced EPL, any English player feel they are worth more than they really are. remember the revolving door of English players we had in the past. Just my opinion, we have enough potential CMNT players on TFC.
    1) I don't know how you can write that you don't think he's good. He's captain of a team that won their league title twice in a row, and has a legitimate shot of being in the round 16 of the champions league. He was one of the best players on the pitch this Tuesday against FC Porto. He plays 90 minutes almost on a regular. Wenger thought he was the best player on Beskitas in their aggregate with Arsenal. If you don't think he is a huge jump up over Delgado, we're watching two different Atiba's.
    2) like I stated before, he'd come free because of his contract ending. He makes $1 mil their. If he takes a little pay cut to come home, which he has said he wants to, then with the TAM we are getting next year and champions allocation, plus the cap increase, you can get him.
    3) While the USMNT player will be gone next summer, he can play for us. Canada isn't in the World Cup.

If you can can better, why wouldn't you? Delgado is still going to play. We will have close to 50 games if we go deep into the champions league and mls cup. I like us to be progressive, and continue to strive to get better. Atiba would make us better
    Last edited by TFC1154ever; 09-15-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Good luck to Babouli in Syria. I thought he played good for TFC.
    Any source on that? All I see is it listed on his Wikipedia page, but with no source to back it up. I tried googling it, but found nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was recently spotlighted in a video by Syrian Professional Players, but no I didn't look beyond Wiki so it may not be accurate, soccerway doesn't have him on a Syrian team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    TAM can only be used on DP level player. That means to use TAM on a player, they need to be making more than $500,000. Other then Vasquez, the only other player who would see an increase in pay over 500,000 might only be morrow, and that's even questionable. So the new money would only be able to be used on a new player, traded, or knock down more of Vasquez's contract.
    This. So one way we could use this to our leverage is the following:

In: Chapman, 500 k TAM midfielder
    Out: Osorio, Cooper. (400 k)

-----------Altidore-Giovinco
    Vazquez - Bradley - (500 k TAM DP)
    Morrow-Moor-Mavinga-Hagglund-Hasler

Delgado of the bench instead of Osorio of the bench.

Just an example

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    We pay Cheyrou and Hasler nothing. Wow.

Also, there is just no way we protect Irwan, Beitashour and Cooper in the expo draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    We pay Cheyrou and Hasler nothing. Wow.

Also, there is just no way we protect Irwan, Beitashour and Cooper in the expo draft.
    omg ! That's crazy.

I wonder if they can expense there living expenses to TFC (Mortgage/rent, transportation, food) without circumventing the cap
    Last edited by Defoe; 10-06-2017 at 10:42 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashtone Morgan gets $100k and he never plays. Previous administration, but wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes me sad to think about, but with Morrow and Edwards here, I think it might be time for Morgan to move on.