Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 2017 player in-season moves/speculation/rumours

Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings get a separate single thread in the "News" section. All other "inside" and other information goes here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swedish newspaper says we had a transfer bid for Danish AM Mads Albaek turned down. I'm thinking this is the guy we were going were going after and dropped due to the transfer fee before moving on to Vasquez. Doesn't mean anything imminent, but interesting to see where we're putting our scouting resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Swedish newspaper says we had a transfer bid for Danish AM Mads Albaek turned down. I'm thinking this is the guy we were going were going after and dropped due to the transfer fee before moving on to Vasquez. Doesn't mean anything imminent, but interesting to see where we're putting our scouting resources.
    Yeah I posted it as the last post before the off-season thread got closed. Apparently we made an offer of 3 million Swedish kronor (about $330,000) to IFK Goteborg which the club declined - so we were willing to pay something, I guess just not what they were looking for.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc cut Simonin..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it is..but when you are a intl and so far down the bench,it world be a waste of a intl spot,i wonder if they offered a tfc 2 contract and he said no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Simonin still an international? Seems like he's been around so long (first in the US since 2012, then here) that he could be on a Green Card or Cdn permanent resident by now.

Among other issues, injuries suck. They tried to nurse him back more than once. Wasted couple of years for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh...I was sooo hoping. Guy can pass really well. He was unexcpectedly plucked off the grass mower at the grad school he was going to so maybe he can go back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, are we signing Brunell then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see that coming tbh

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    So, are we signing Brunell then?
    I would think the rest of the roster will be filled up with signings of draft picks, those on trial and home grown. One draft pick, the midfielder Oyvind Alseth seems to have made a case for a contract as a depth signing. Outside of him have not heard much about the other draftpicks beyond Aubrey.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Chinese window closed. Interesting to google search "China transfer". A ton of guys, ~20 guys from the top 4 Euro leagues alone, were supposedly in play. But not one of them moved.

There is a fair bit of confusion about whether the new restrictions on foreign transfers are real, but based on today's non-action, seems like they might be.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very surprising news about Simonin, so close to the beginning of the season. Hope he can find something in USL or NASL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently today is roster day for MLS - so if there are to be additional signings to the big squad, they will be today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams just have have to be compliant with roster rules by today, by they can still make signings beyond today.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Apparently today is roster day for MLS - so if there are to be additional signings to the big squad, they will be today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already? that came quick. I guess it'll be an interesting day for Atlanta then. They need to come up with 3-4 more international slots to get compliant or their non-covered internationals hit waivers.

I would want to laugh if that happened - being that Atlanta fans are really elbowing their way in to the conversation for MLS' most obnoxious fanbase - but I have some sort of blind feeling that happened to us at least once over the first five years. Feels like the type of incompetence that would have been straight up Mo's alley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Very surprising news about Simonin, so close to the beginning of the season. Hope he can find something in USL or NASL.
    I doubt we'll hear it, but I would like to know the reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happened to us 3 years ago--not with internationals, but with DPs, and meant us shipping off Laba.

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Already? that came quick. I guess it'll be an interesting day for Atlanta then. They need to come up with 3-4 more international slots to get compliant or their non-covered internationals hit waivers.

I would want to laugh if that happened - being that Atlanta fans are really elbowing their way in to the conversation for MLS' most obnoxious fanbase - but I have some sort of blind feeling that happened to us at least once over the first five years. Feels like the type of incompetence that would have been straight up Mo's alley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta are fine. They got green cards for Jones and McCann and are loaning a couple of the younger int's to Charleston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Edwards, Alseth, Brunell and Spencer will make up the final roster spots.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/hea...225623284.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you see Edwards on that list?
    on a side note..whats with the tfc website,they have been brutal with the preseason coverage so far...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    where did you see Edwards on that list?
    on a side note..whats with the tfc website,they have been brutal with the preseason coverage so far...
    I would say that the current state of content on the Reds website has to do with the departures of a few key people like Sean Keay. A lot of the content in situations like this lives and dies with the passion of those producing it. Sean for instances was a supporter long before he worked for MLSE. It's about people making the most of their opportunities and going beyond.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would say that the current state of content on the Reds website has to do with the departures of a few key people like Sean Keay. A lot of the content in situations like this lives and dies with the passion of those producing it. Sean for instances was a supporter long before he worked for MLSE. It's about people making the most of their opportunities and going beyond.
    And don't forget the departure of Devang Desai. He did a lot to keep the TFC site and social media platforms humming after Sean left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    its noticeable, I dont even go to the TFC site anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    its noticeable, I dont even go to the TFC site anymore
    Same here, MLSE needs to get on this. Good coverage and info will help continue to build the brand; especially since now many people strictly get all their information from the web

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if that's the SSH scarf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the press release... is he not a Homegrown Player?

Congrats to him, he's earned it. Hope he can work himself into the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the press release... is he not a Homegrown Player?

Congrats to him, he's earned it. Hope he can work himself into the team.
    He is a home grown player, guess they just did not think it was all that important to mention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I'm wondering if that's the SSH scarf?
    I hope this is the scarf. I like it!