Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish Vanney would try Chapman in the middle with Vasquez and Edwards on either of him. Vasquez doesn't need to be in the middle of the park to work his magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    everyone says osorio is poor at defending, but cooper is the one that causes the goals.

Chapman is the better AM but not the same type of midfielder. Id rather keep chapman and osorio and let go of cooper.

Osorio has recently been brought in to close out games, and he does it well.

And we are undercap, we can get rw depth and replacment when it becomes available.

Im not sold on Mavinga, lets start there after he gets a few more games

Midfield is not the problem to focus on
    I totally agree with you on Cooper... He had a flashy debut, but this season he has either been figured out or just isn't as hungry as last season. so if they continue to get paid the same I would ditch him first. But, if Oso is due for a big bump in pay (MLS final clause, maybe?) and Cooper is not for the next few years, then the extra money for Oso would be better served keeping Moor/Morrow/Beit if they are possibly due for a raise.

It is true that we have a super deep midfield, but that also means that we can possibly trim in order to find a backup RB for Beit that we really need.... Poor guy is gonna need a rest soon, and Endoh isn't the choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio just lacks intelligence and decision making skills very gifted technically but just can't consistently perform at the MLS Level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    WTF. This is fb worthy over reaction.

It would sadden him. He doesn't say not to do it. If you don't have any fond feelings for Oso's stay here then I'd question what you get from supporting a home team.
    Relax man, i was semi-joking when i said bitchy the hawk and danny dichio, humour doesn't always translate well online i guess. And what does "fb" mean? Facebook?

I support my home team because Toronto is my home, and im proud of it. I want a team that lives upto our standards. Edwards and Chapman are a point of pride for me, i dont understand how not being inspired by Osorio's performance in his current position makes me somehow disloyal, if that was the suggestion.
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 05-10-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I totally agree with you on Cooper... He had a flashy debut, but this season he has either been figured out or just isn't as hungry as last season. so if they continue to get paid the same I would ditch him first. But, if Oso is due for a big bump in pay (MLS final clause, maybe?) and Cooper is not for the next few years, then the extra money for Oso would be better served keeping Moor/Morrow/Beit if they are possibly due for a raise.

It is true that we have a super deep midfield, but that also means that we can possibly trim in order to find a backup RB for Beit that we really need.... Poor guy is gonna need a rest soon, and Endoh isn't the choice.
    Exactly!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Relax man, i was semi-joking when i said bitchy the hawk and danny dichio, humour doesn't always translate well online i guess. And what does "fb" mean? Facebook?

I support my home team because Toronto is my home, and im proud of it. I want a team that lives upto our standards. Edwards and Chapman are a point of pride for me, i dont understand how not being inspired by Osorio's performance in his current position makes me somehow disloyal, if that was the suggestion.
    Me, relax? Your sarcasm had no relaxation in it.

Yes facebook.

See, you say CURRENT. That's not what we are discussing. Most people that would be sad to see him go would be thinking about the same points of pride you have for Edwards and Chappy that some had for Oso.

Hence the sad.

You don't need to hyperbolize to get your point across.

If you think he needs a change of scenery I'd agree with you. Yet I'll lament the fact he couldn't have kept up with the high standards we should all have for our club.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Both Osorio and Chapman start tonight. Oso is in the Delgado slot While Chapman is playing up high beside Vasquez. Different skill sets but we will see how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the best for Oso is to give him a short loan to a club where he could learn more about tactics and upgrade his physicality in the game (maybe to Frings' team - Darmstadt?). He's just regressed so much, the last time I've seen something special from him was the through pass to Defoe vs Seattle in 2014. I am not sure if he's mentally on the same page as the team. After he got snubbed by Benito Floro, it seems like he never got his confidence back. I want him to succeed, he was so promising, so the best is to give him a second chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund torn MCL, out 8-12 weeks
    Giovinco quad strain, out 3 weeks

Good thing we got depth...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    I think the best for Oso is to give him a short loan to a club where he could learn more about tactics and upgrade his physicality in the game (maybe to Frings' team - Darmstadt?). He's just regressed so much, the last time I've seen something special from him was the through pass to Defoe vs Seattle in 2014. I am not sure if he's mentally on the same page as the team. After he got snubbed by Benito Floro, it seems like he never got his confidence back. I want him to succeed, he was so promising, so the best is to give him a second chance.
    That is a good shout, wouldn't mind seeing a relationship develop with Darmstadt through Frings. Being in 2.BuLi next season, they should be open to some low cost player loans, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.thescore.com/news/1301368

Seba's quad injuries are really beginning to worry me. What is that, three or four since he got here? Is it the same leg?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1301368

Seba's quad injuries are really beginning to worry me. What is that, three or four since he got here? Is it the same leg?
    Before the game even started a trainer was out on the field rubbing something into Giovinco's quad. Sure seems like an on going issue.

I'm gutted for Hagglund. He was having the season of his life.
    Last edited by Captain; 05-15-2017 at 10:40 AM. Reason: add name

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're fucked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh....no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    We're fucked.

Vanney only wins because of Hagglund.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Vanney only wins because of Hagglund.
    This.
    we're so fucked

(not really but I am so sad for the kid. hopefully he recovers like the young lad he is and gets his mojo back for the last 1/3 of the season)
    Last edited by Section_105; 05-15-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: too many "the"s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing we signed Hernandez and even better that Drew Moor has been given the all clear for NYRB. Injuries are going ton happen but that's why you need a deep squad. Hopefully Seba can get back to full fitness. No need to rush him back. We've proven we can secure a result without him. That said, obviously you want him in your side.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hernandez has been drama free in his 135 minutes so far. I'm sure he'd get exposed against a track meet team but put him between a couple of running bodies and we are fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to say i love that the Hagglund injury attracts so much attention - it says so my about our depth - it wasn't so long ago that he was thought of as extraneous trade bait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor kid, he stepped up big time while moor was out, hope he has a speedy recovery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really is a shame about Hagglund. He really turned a corner in his career the last 8 months or so. I hope he has a speedy recovery. The only good thing about it is the timing. With it happening now, 2 of those 8-12 weeks will be chewed up with the gold cup break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Jeff Carlise's interview with Bez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing I think we still lack is a threat from outside the box. A trailing midfielder that just loves to have a pot from distance. Too many teams park the bus against us and our possession style of play where we often interrupt our attack and pass backwards to the halfway line just encourages this and we don't really have a threat who can just crack it from 25 to 30 yards when the other team has 10 men in their own box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new No.2 keeper?.. I'm not familiar with Justin vom Steeg but if anyone can give me deets on him that would be great

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/6/...ansfer-rumours

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint me skeptical about anything in that beyond he's training here. IF we get rid of one keeper of the current two, it won't be now. And it certainly wouldn't be for a 20 year old kid who can't get an offer from a DII team to be the backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thought, copied from my blog, after another rough ride last night in victory against Montreal and another ref who seemed to have two standards when it came to fouls.

It might only be a case of my being a cranky old man, but I have a theory that TFC lack only one player in their roster. A cranky man. A hard tackler with a good range. Not a starter, but somebody the opposition knows is taking names and numbers all game long. No intent to injure, just a seeker of justice. For every liberty taken with or hard foul against a TFC player, that MLS refs seem to tolerate to an extreme degree, Cranky Man gives back what TFC has had to take. The open field body slam on Beitashour at the end of the first half comes to mind.
    I felt that Damien Perquis and Benoit Cheyrou played the role recently. I am happy with Cheyrou's role this year and it is almost impossible for the team's elder statesman to also be the cranky justice seeker...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    In some respects, because of his defence and possession ability, I could see Osorio potential taking a role close to what you are describing.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We did have that last year in Will Johnson then to some degree, Armando Cooper. Cooper just isn't the same so we're missing that this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio and Delgado both want to play that but the guy who's actually doing that is Jozy Altidore. His mano v mano with Donadel in Montreal was priceless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talked to Hagglund last night and he said he should be back in about a month. So hopefully by our next home game.