Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on the playoff ratings so far? I imagine they would be quite a bit lower than last year since they didn't have the hype of playing against Montreal but I'm still curious about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

419K for the first leg vs Columbus on ESPN, 223K on FS1 for Wednesday night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Any word on the playoff ratings so far? I imagine they would be quite a bit lower than last year since they didn't have the hype of playing against Montreal but I'm still curious about them.
    2nd leg:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

641,000 is actually pretty good. MLS Cup should do well again this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    641,000 is actually pretty good. MLS Cup should do well again this year.
    It's about what TSN gets for a decent second or third round NHL playoff game with no Canadian team (eg Penguins vs Caps). Not bad.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

641,000 is pretty close to the TSN rating we had for the 2016 East final against Montreal when removing the RDS/Quebec numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    641,000 is pretty close to the TSN rating we had for the 2016 East final against Montreal when removing the RDS/Quebec numbers.
    Lot's of hype for the finals. Top 2 teams and a re-match. Both teams healthy. TSN and even radio stations like 103.5 talking about it. Hoping for 1,000,000 viewers for the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what viewing figures do they get for US College Football games? I don't understand why anyone watches that in Canada?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    what viewing figures do they get for US College Football games? I don't understand why anyone watches that in Canada?
    There's quite a few expat Americans working in Canada. A huge percentage of them watch US College Football. I work with one of those Americans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There's quite a few expat Americans working in Canada. A huge percentage of them watch US College Football. I work with one of those Americans.
    I used to watch a lot of college football. Keep in mind that these folks are the next generation of stars for the NFL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say we all keep posting highlights of the team from this year on our social media and we’ll reach record breaking numbers for the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/1-3...up-win-on-tsn/

1.3 million average and 2 million peak. Slightly down from last year's final which was 1.5 million average and 2.7 million peak. However the big difference was the afternoon start time this year vs. the evening start last year, you're always better off in the evening for drawing the largest audience possible.

More noteworthy is Bell also mentions overall viewership for MLS in Canada this season rose 25% vs. last year, and 40% in the 18-34 demo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

1.3 million average and 2 million peak. Slightly down from last year's final which was 1.5 million average and 2.7 million peak. However the big difference was the afternoon start time this year vs. the evening start last year, you're always better off in the evening for drawing the largest audience possible.

More noteworthy is Bell also mentions overall viewership for MLS in Canada this season rose 25% vs. last year, and 40% in the 18-34 demo.
    its happening! and it happening fast.

move over old white sports dudes, your days are done.

like sid seixeiro said. MORE SOCCER!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

25 & 40%?! Insane increase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately not the greatest news south of the border. I was expecting a drop because of the afternoon start and being on ESPN instead of the main FOX network as was the case with last year's game - but not down this much. A 43% drop to 1,140,000 viewers on ESPN, Unimas and Univision Desportes combined compared to 2,012,000 down there last year when the English telecast was on FOX instead of ESPN.

It seems the snowy Army - Navy game which got its highest ratings in 15 years on CBS and was the seventh highest rated college game this year - dominated the time slot with 6.3 million viewers
    Last edited by TravelPat; 12-12-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TravelPat View Post
    Unfortunately not the greatest news south of the border. I was expecting a drop because of the afternoon start and being on ESPN instead of the main FOX network as was the case with last year's game - but not down this much. A 43% drop to 1,140,000 viewers on ESPN, Unimas and Univision Desportes combined compared to 2,012,000 down there last year when the English telecast was on FOX instead of ESPN.

It seems the snowy Army - Navy game which got its highest ratings in 15 years on CBS and was the seventh highest rated college game this year - dominated the time slot with 6.3 million viewers
    us navy college football? dont get more murican than that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    its happening! and it happening fast.

move over old white sports dudes, your days are done.

like sid seixeiro said. MORE SOCCER!
    I resemble that remark! I'm an old white sports dude and I've been here since day one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I resemble that remark! I'm an old white sports dude and I've been here since day one!
    meant the ones on tv? if your on tv, sorry. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So encouraging to hear of 25% increase overall and 40% increase in 18-34 demographic.

Let's face it, the playoff structure and schedule must be tweaked and streamlined. Half the battle of tv ratings is schedule predictability. Another part is quality of broadcast...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great rating! If TFC can keep winning then numbers (both attendance and TV) will keep on improving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure TV ratings are still assumed to be as reliable a measure of relative popularity as they used to be. The younger demographic, who are more valuable to advertisers, tend not to subscribe to cable/satellite as much as those "old white sports dudes", and :
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...ticle22838581/
    To assemble the panels, Numeris needs to call people at home, ask them a few questions and invite them to participate.
    Do you know many people under 70 who still have a home phone and answer calls from unknown numbers?