RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Live 2017

US option open now - $80 US

Was told on twitter that a Canadian option coming

Given single season seats go on sale next week, I suspect times for the schedule are coming and then the Canadian option will be announced. Hoping for the usual renewal deal as they are doing in the US.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if this is the US version does that mean that the blackout policies are different for Canada? Right now it says TFC has no local blackouts. I hope that remains the case as I use mls live every year to watch TFC.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have bought this in other years but not really looking to do it this year. Trying to opt out of this service is a bit confusing.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too, got another option thats cheaper and includes a ton of other footie leagues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    So if this is the US version does that mean that the blackout policies are different for Canada? Right now it says TFC has no local blackouts. I hope that remains the case as I use mls live every year to watch TFC.
    The national blackout is what kills this deal, any game on TSN not available in Canada until 48 hrs later, and TSN is broadcasting every TFC game. There were work arounds in the past but with the whole new update I am betting this will be more difficult. If you are primarily streaming games I would look for other options as this is essentially useless to Canadians.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-live
    http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/01/1...sn-tva-sports/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it to watch the rest of the league, although like most people I can find a stream if I have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leary to invest in it. If their complete rewrite takes away vpn options, then I won't get it. I'll wait until someone reports back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot, they're going to auto-renew my subscription for $80 soon if I don't stop it. Can we be sure that VPN options will be restricted under the new system?

I wish they would just straight-up announce exactly which TFC games will be shown live and which won't. They always use gobbledygook terms. In the past, often games on TSN 4 for example were available live on MLS Live.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    The national blackout is what kills this deal, any game of me on TSN not available in Canada until 48 hrs later, and TSN is broadcasting every TFC game. There were work arounds in the past but with the whole new update I am betting this will be more difficult. If you are primarily streaming games I would look for other options as this is essentially useless to Canadians.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/01/1...sn-tva-sports/
    I always liked the service, but will cancel for this year. I can always resubscribe if there are workarounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Shoot, they're going to auto-renew my subscription for $80 soon if I don't stop it. Can we be sure that VPN options will be restricted under the new system?

I wish they would just straight-up announce exactly which TFC games will be shown live and which won't. They always use gobbledygook terms. In the past, often games on TSN 4 for example were available live on MLS Live.
    None of them will be shown live on MLSlive in Canada without using a VPN (if that is possible given the new "updates") , TSN 1 - 100 are all on the list, and all TFC games are on TSN this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    None of them will be shown live on MLSlive in Canada without using a VPN (if that is possible given the new "updates") , TSN 1 - 100 are all on the list, and all TFC games are on TSN this year.
    Thanks for the info! That sucks...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-02-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5, TVA Sports, CTV
    From that link for the national broadcasts in Canada. One of those things is not like the others...

Also, how do you cancel the auto renew? Email the customer care?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    From that link for the national broadcasts in Canada. One of those things is not like the others...

Also, how do you cancel the auto renew? Email the customer care?
    I called the 1-800 number in the email and pressed 2 for billing, the attendant cancelled it for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh...CTV?

Could they possibly be thinking of putting an MLS game on the big (sorta) network?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I called the 1-800 number in the email and pressed 2 for billing, the attendant cancelled it for me.
    Will do that today. thanks!

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just received my auto-renewal email, clicked on link to read more on blackouts and it appears they have no blackouts for TFC.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose Earthquakes No local blackout
    Seattle Sounders Local blackout for matches airing on Q13 FOX and JOEtv
    Toronto FC No local blackout
    Sporting KC Local blackouts

I got the same thing.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no local blackouts as there are no local broadcasts. Sportsnet were classed as the local broadcasts and select TSN 4 only games.

Blackout information

MLS LIVE is available in the United States and Canada. The service is not available to fans living or traveling outside of the U.S. and Canada. All nationally televised matches are blacked out, but are available 48 hours after the match in the archives. Local broadcast blackouts are set by the clubs and their broadcast partners. Customer Service
    Weekly match blackout details available on our TV Schedule or using the MLS LIVE schedule.
    Location National TV blackout policy
    USA ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, FOX Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, UniMas, Univision Deportes Network (UDN); available in the archives 48 hours after match
    Canada TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5, TVA Sports, CTV; available in the archives 48 hours after match

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There's no local blackouts as there are no local broadcasts. Sportsnet were classed as the local broadcasts and select TSN 4 only games.

Blackout information

MLS LIVE is available in the United States and Canada. The service is not available to fans living or traveling outside of the U.S. and Canada. All nationally televised matches are blacked out, but are available 48 hours after the match in the archives. Local broadcast blackouts are set by the clubs and their broadcast partners. Customer Service
    Weekly match blackout details available on our TV Schedule or using the MLS LIVE schedule.
    Location National TV blackout policy
    USA ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, FOX Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, UniMas, Univision Deportes Network (UDN); available in the archives 48 hours after match
    Canada TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5, TVA Sports, CTV; available in the archives 48 hours after match
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I watch TFC games is through TSN Go or Sportsnet Now. You can login through your cable provider if you have one (I have Rogers) and you can essentially get an HD stream of the game. Although you can't watch other teams play as the network will only show what is on TSN or Sportsnet at the time, you don't have to pay for another subscription. Also by watching through the providers, you won't experience blackouts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardown Snipes View Post
    The way I watch TFC games is through TSN Go or Sportsnet Now. You can login through your cable provider if you have one (I have Rogers) and you can essentially get an HD stream of the game. Although you can't watch other teams play as the network will only show what is on TSN or Sportsnet at the time, you don't have to pay for another subscription. Also by watching through the providers, you won't experience blackouts.
    I think the reason most of us get MLS Live is that we don't have cable, period, so TSN Go is useless to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think the reason most of us get MLS Live is that we don't have cable, period, so TSN Go is useless to us.
    Also ridiculously expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What other options are there for non cable subscribers? Does beinsports stream hd mls matches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    What other options are there for non cable subscribers? Does beinsports stream hd mls matches?
    I use Sportsmania for my Android box. It gives you access to virtually all sports channels in the world for 50 pounds/year. Streams are mostly high quality HD.