Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    I could give you a lengthy list of instances from this season alone where agents words have been detrimental to their clients needs. It is not rare by any means.You seem to not grasp the role agents play. This is classic posturing. If there was an offer, go to speak to the club not the press.
    At the risk of derailing this thread, this will be last response to you on this. I don't agree at all with you on this but footballs a game of opinions and that's why we love it.
    I grasp the complexities of agent/player/club life just fine.

I invite you and everyone here to google the phrase "football agent talks about offer" or similar - you'll find a lot of Gio links, a bunch about offers already rejected (eg Mendes re Ronaldo), and that's it.

You will not find any "lengthy list" of agents claiming current interest in players they represent that are under contract - heck I will take a single instance (besides Gio).

Agents are whipping boys for mgmt, and the press that are fed by mgmt, but any that are "habitually detrimental to their clients needs" don't keep clients for long.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-04-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I grasp the complexities of agent/player/club life just fine.

I invite you and everyone here to google the phrase "football agent talks about offer" or similar - you'll find a lot of Gio links, a bunch about offers already rejected (eg Mendes re Ronaldo), and that's it.

You will not find any "lengthy list" of agents claiming current interest in players they represent that are under contract - heck I will take a single instance (besides Gio).

Agents are whipping boys for mgmt, and the press that are fed by mgmt, but any that are "habitually detrimental to their clients needs" don't keep clients for long.
    Sorry folks. One last one I promise. You do not understand at all how agents work. You only follow mls and agents haven't infiltrated this league yet to the extent they have in other leagues. You didn't even know who ighalo was and had to backtrack on that, he was one of the top. strikers last season in pl.Look up aidy ward and tell me agents don't overstep their mark. He went ott on raheem sterling leaving Liverpool so much so that said berahino sacked him. Pm me if you want to pursue this.ibras agent just said he might play for Napoli next season. Jose just said 2 weeks prior he's playing for utd next season 100%.
    You are not always right. No-one is. You are going into things you have no idea about. You don't know how agents work and think. Football agents work to a different moral compass. As I say pm me. I can give u a list of examples.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friend, why on earth do you think I only follow MLS? I have been following EPL long enough that I think Arsenal should always have JVC and Man Utd should always have Sharp, as sponsors.

Ibra's agent is talking about impending free agency, for a player in actve negotiations, not a player under long term contract. Not relevant.

I know enough to know that the whole Sterling he said/she said mess is impossible to untangle, and that the demonizing of the agent may be an example of what you are talking about. Or maybe not. A lot of people think Sterling was hiding behind that.

I stand by my view that barely having heard of a Watford striker that has one good half season to his name, is reasonable for a serious football fan, and more importantly, is meaningful to understanding relative value in Chinese transfers.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friend, why on earth do you think I only follow MLS? I have been following EPL long enough that I think Arsenal should always have JVC and Man Utd should always have Sharp, as sponsors.

Ibra's agent is talking about impending free agency, for a player in actve negotiations, not a player under long term contract. Not relevant.

I know enough to know that the whole Sterling he said/she said mess is impossible to untangle, and that the demonizing of the agent may be an example of what you are talking about. Or maybe not. A lot of people think Sterling was hiding behind that.

I stand by my view that barely having heard of a Watford striker that has one good half season to his name, is reasonable for a serious football fan, and more importantly, is meaningful to understanding relative value in Chinese transfers.
    You don't watch the Pl. You didn't know who ighalo was. You admitted that. [mod edit] Can I bet u 500 that Gio doesn't sign for China. Pm me I'll double down on the bet
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't u the guy that said when the Bradley rumours were circulating last yr, that you were worried he might leave. [mod edit]
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-05-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're wrong about my view of Bradley.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-05-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was partial to the brief period when Arsenal had the Sega Dreamcast as shirt sponsor.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I was partial to the brief period when Arsenal had the Sega Dreamcast as shirt sponsor.
    There were two, right? A Sega and a Dreamcast?

That just seemed all wrong

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep things civil everyone.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't u the guy that said when the Bradley rumours were circulating last yr, that you were worried he might leave.[mod edit]
    Who do you think you are [mod edit] Ensco brings some of the best insight to some of our discussions and it's much appreciative.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-05-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's not going anywhere. lock thread.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he's not going anywhere. lock thread.
    I've been reading comments like this for the last year or so. We on the mod team typically don't lock threads just because some speculation doesn't seem to be happening, or even if the thread seems pointless. We lock them for negativity towards other board users, for duplicating another thread, for proposing something contrary to our Charter (e.g. violence) or our goals, for spam, or for being off topic.

As far as this topic goes, it looks Giovinco moving isn't happening, though the Chinese window does not close until the end of February. If it doesn't happen this thread will die of it's own accord.

We lean towards not shutting down conversation because the exchange of ideas is what makes this board so rich an experience. Football is a game of opinions. That's not to say that "anything goes," this board is moderated, we are a private supporter's club, and we run this board for our own purposes (i.e. supporting TFC). We do value input though!

Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-07-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto