Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stretching to put it in this thread but I figure it's noteworthy enough - Drogba has turned down Corinthians to go play in the USL for Phoenix Rising (that's still a shit name). He joins Shaun Wright-Philips there as the marquee signings for the upstart club.

Being that the greater Phoenix area is the worst metropolitan space in the western world, I'd give a shit ton of money to sit on the pitch they gave to Drogba.

​"You've spent your entire professional career in world class cities, Didier; Marseille, London, Istanbul, Canadian Vegas. How would you feel about switching it up and playing in a place where you constantly have pool of sweat in your underwear that resembles the Marianas Trench, and wherever you go to eat there's a strapped up border militia yelling at the waiters about the Mexican food not being as good as it is at Chipotle. Does that sound like something that might interest you?"

Last edited by molenshtain; 03-28-2017 at 09:11 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooo Glad TFCII is out of there - Delgado would probably have gotten a 3 game ban after kicking Drogba in the nuts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    stretching to put it in this thread but I figure it's noteworthy enough - Drogba has turned down Corinthians to go play in the USL for Phoenix Rising (that's still a shit name). He joins Shaun Wright-Philips there as the marquee signings for the upstart club.

Being that the greater Phoenix area is the worst metropolitan space in the western world, I'd give a shit ton of money to sit on the pitch they gave to Drogba.

​"You've spent your entire professional career in world class cities, Didier; Marseille, London, Istanbul, Canadian Vegas. How would you feel about switching it up and playing in a place where you constantly have pool of sweat in your underwear that resembles the Marianas Trench, and wherever you go to eat there's a strapped up border militia yelling at the waiters about the Mexican food not being as good as it is at Chipotle. Does that sound like something that might interest you?"

On a three year contract none the less.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if it's a transfer per se - but Bradley Wright-Phillips just signed a multi year extension making him a DP for the Red Bulls.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tchani and $300K GarberBux to Vancouver for Kekuta Manneh. Dafuq...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I guess Vancouver finally gave up on him? All those "top" forwards they drafted and they really have no one left. Turning into a bit of a shit show in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Manneh also in last year of contract. if Crew resign him, Caps get their first rounder next year.

I suppose the crew won this trade, but I'm not sure either team is even marginally better with this trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get this trade from the Caps POV but that's a heavy price the Crew paid when they already have decent wingers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty big move. I've been critical of the Whitecaps lately. My first impression is the trade seems pretty fair to me on paper. Manneh for 300k in allocation, plus a 1st round draft pick if Columbus re-signs him, or a cut of a transfer fee if he's sold. I think that's a reasonable return for a talented but very inconsistent player. It probably looks a little better from Columbus' point of view since they weren't using Tchani, but still pretty fair overall I think.

I think the trade makes sense for Vancouver given their glut of wingers and lack of central mids, but I'm not sure how much better it will actually make them. Their biggest problem continues to be a lack of consistent offensive threats. I have my doubts Manneh will ever become the player people thought he might be, so I don't think this trade will blow up in Vancouver's face, but they'll need more than this to make the playoffs in the West.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest takeaway for me is Atiba is going to end his career in Turkey or Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I get this trade from the Caps POV but that's a heavy price the Crew paid when they already have decent wingers...
    Yeah, questionable from Crew side of things was my first impression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Biggest takeaway for me is Atiba is going to end his career in Turkey or Montreal.
    jus wondering..why do you say montreal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    jus wondering..why do you say montreal?

There's rumours he's been looking to come back to Canada. Vancouver and us are both out now due to both our midfields being full. MTL is the only team who could and would go out and get him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love atiba..but i wouldnt give a 34 yr old dp status or more then a mil a year,the rumour i heard was that van was interested in arfield on the next window.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is the option of Atiba to replace Cheyrou next season as veteran old dude with midfield bite but I don't know if Atiba will go for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manneh is not a winger ... that why vancouver wants to get rid of him, he can't play defence. Their shape 4-2-3-1, so no spot for him. You want athletic two-way players as wingers. He's a true forward with pace.

At MLS level, Manneh is a good fit as first player off your bench when your down because of his pace. But thats it.
    Last edited by Onyx; 03-30-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    manneh is not a winger ... that why vancouver wants to get rid of him, he can't play defence. Their shape 4-2-3-1, so no spot for him. You want athletic two-way players as wingers. He's a true forward with pace.

At MLS level, Manneh is a good fit as first player off your bench when your down because of his pace. But thats it.
    The Crew also play a 4-2-3-1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play Crew in two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think whatever the whitecaps are trying to do right now system wise is broken. It's great they feature Davies but someone else needs to be in there as a significant offensive contributor from midfield.

they need to clean house up top. The players themselves are partially salvageable. Not the worst roster in the league but not the best.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember not so long ago most of us thought TFC will be shite forever, and Vancouver was gold...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I remember not so long ago most of us thought TFC will be shite forever, and Vancouver was gold...
    That's the beautiful thing about MLS, it's always improving, you stagnate...you die. TFC has evolved, but we can't rest on our laurels. Case in point: VWFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decent players, but is this really what accounts for a "blockbuster" in MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was a local beat writer breaking a trade i'd probably call it a blockbuster too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair to the Loons, Cronin is a big upgrade on Saied and the sort of guy to say to his teammates "we are not going to do that shit again on my watch". The Loons will be scored on less per game. He's the sort of guy they should have got back in December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To be fair to the Loons, Cronin is a big upgrade on Saied and the sort of guy to say to his teammates "we are not going to do that shit again on my watch". The Loons will be scored on less per game. He's the sort of guy they should have got back in December.
    Lol. Less than 5 a game you think?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Minnesota has this guy named Demidov who's worse than Nick Garcia or Marco Reda at CB. Taking that guy off might improve their loss to 3-1 to 5-1 per game
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atiba Hutchinson to Whitecaps rumour is full throttle.

Sigh.

I mean, their situation is most bizarre from our POV. They have Tchani where they would put Hutch. If we didn't have Bradley of course I'd want him to come home but damn. Vancouver and Canada players...
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-19-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt it would be a straight swap for Larin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larin is way to lazy to play Vermes game, so I doubt that's it.

some combination of GAM and TAM probably. I'm surprised SKC are taking offers. would have thought they would have wanted to keep their core together for one last shot at the cup.