Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    so anyone in the know want to give a sort of power rankings for tfc 2/ academy kids who are next up to be signed by the first team? the team has talked about signing Fraser as Cheyrou's replacement at the end of the season but other than that there's been very little indication of who they're high on.
    Yeah whatever happened to Malik Johnson and those insane goals last year. Seems to be getting only substitute appearances...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats going on with hundal and ayo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea where Akinola is playing. Hundal might be nursing an injury because he's been out of the last few lineups. Hard to get injury news on TFC II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a great vid done by the club showcasing their academy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the TFCII game vs the Fury yesterday and I was shocked at how poorly they played. Most of the game was played in the Toronto ends with 60-40 possession split at the half. I didn't even recognize half the players beyond Paix, Camargo, and Aubrey. What's going on with this team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I was at the TFCII game vs the Fury yesterday and I was shocked at how poorly they played. Most of the game was played in the Toronto ends with 60-40 possession split at the half. I didn't even recognize half the players beyond Paix, Camargo, and Aubrey. What's going on with this team?
    That was TFCII 's Third road games in nine days. Ottawa hadn't played in two weeks, with a far older and more physically developed squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I couldn't give a crap about the performance of this team so long as they continue to churn out serviceable players for the first team. Just this season we've been rewarded with Bono, Edwards, Spencer, Alseth after they plied their trade with TFC 2. Uccello, Fraser, and maybe a few others like Taintor or Johnson have lined up first team opportunities next year.

This team is there to be of service to the first team. Any success they may have is based on curating young talent and getting them ready for the first team. everything else is secondary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe that the unnamed East team quoted in this article below as refusing to invest or move down to USLD3 is highly likely TFCII/MLSE.

I've seen a number of TFC fans, myself included, argue here, FB or twitter that MLSE needs to move the team from Vaughan/OSC to North York/Downsview.

There's no "facility" there, but hell there's more potential than OSC, and with the Line 1 extension and Downsview Park station opening later this year, we've now got both TTC and GO Barrie Line access from Union to the park.

By far the biggest complaint by TFC fans about TFCII is the fact that there's zero public transit access to the Ontario Soccer Centre, correct? Here's to hoping MLSE sees the light and can terminate whatever contract it has with OSA/OSC.

http://newsok.com/article/5558393

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there is public transit access but if you live in say High Park/Junction area you'll be spending 3-4 hrs commuting up and back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Well there is public transit access but if you live in say High Park/Junction area you'll be spending 3-4 hrs commuting up and back.
    Line 2 and then Line 1.

It's better than getting to 7 and Martin Grove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Honestly I couldn't give a crap about the performance of this team so long as they continue to churn out serviceable players for the first team. Just this season we've been rewarded with Bono, Edwards, Spencer, Alseth after they plied their trade with TFC 2. Uccello, Fraser, and maybe a few others like Taintor or Johnson have lined up first team opportunities next year.

This team is there to be of service to the first team. Any success they may have is based on curating young talent and getting them ready for the first team. everything else is secondary.
    I suppose we can give them credit for some of that but it should be noted a large portion of those guys were last minute additions with TFC II being little more than a brief finishing school. What about all the rungs below that in the ladder which are supposed to be pushing players towards the first team? Their efforts appear to be largely lost. What's the difference between this years Uccello / Fraiser and last years Babouli / Manella? Not much IMO. I might be tempted to take the latter as opposed to the former based on what I've seen of their play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ironcub14 View Post
    Believe that the unnamed East team quoted in this article below as refusing to invest or move down to USLD3 is highly likely TFCII/MLSE.

I've seen a number of TFC fans, myself included, argue here, FB or twitter that MLSE needs to move the team from Vaughan/OSC to North York/Downsview.

There's no "facility" there, but hell there's more potential than OSC, and with the Line 1 extension and Downsview Park station opening later this year, we've now got both TTC and GO Barrie Line access from Union to the park.

By far the biggest complaint by TFC fans about TFCII is the fact that there's zero public transit access to the Ontario Soccer Centre, correct? Here's to hoping MLSE sees the light and can terminate whatever contract it has with OSA/OSC.

http://newsok.com/article/5558393
    question is why arent parent driving their familys out there to catch a game

for me, the facilities stink adn there is virtually nothing around it. its really not worth the drive to make a day of it.

for example
    if it was at UofT, i would hop on the train with my kids downtown, hit up the ROM, grab lunch, then watch the game and head on home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 5, 2017 @USL @TorontoFCII 1 @Chas_Battery 0
    my take on the game at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...7/17tfc409.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    August 5, 2017 @USL @TorontoFCII 1 @Chas_Battery 0
    my take on the game at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...7/17tfc409.htm
    Hundal's first goal of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II taking on eastern conference leaders Charlotte tonight at 8:00 at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II tied 2-2, Hamilton with both goals including a stoppage time equalizer. TFC II were better overall and probably should've won, Hamilton and Hundal missed some good chances, but Hamilton made up for it in the 2nd half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton and Endoh were really good last night. I think they'd be players on other MLS teams

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on yesterday's TFC Open Practice but more important the TFC II vs Charlotte Independence game.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...7/17tfc422.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got an email from Manning and co that the team is moving to downtown for 2018, with some games to be played at Lamport.

Awesome move for TFC II. Will quickly say that many Toronto CPL fans have been hoping for Lamport as a venue for a possible team, whenever that may be. A little Manning power play, I'd think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lamport isn't set in stone according to this

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/8/...source=twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lamport makes a lot of sense, hope that goes through.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered what that sound was this afternoon from north of me....lots of people scrambling to get their version of a Woodbridge CPL team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 14th, 2017 e-mail to me as I'm a TFC II season ticket holder:
    Dear TFC II Season Ticket Members,

I’m writing today to let you know that next season TFC II will be relocating from the Ontario Soccer Centre to downtown Toronto. The City of Vaughan and Ontario Soccer Centre have been valuable partners and supporters of the club the last three seasons and TFC would like to thank everyone for their support. I would also like to thank you, our Season Ticket Members, for your support of our Young Reds.

The venue for the 2018 season has not been finalized but we do know TFC II will be playing home games at BMO Field and Lamport Stadium and we look forward to seeing you there. For any questions regarding this move please contact Alex Adamo at Alex.Adamo@mlse.com or 416-815-5313.

Thanks again for your continued support and we hope to see you at TFC II’s next home match on Wednesday, August 30th vs. Saint Louis FC.

All For One,

Bill Manning
    President

Inconvenient for me as more 90+ minute TTC commutes each way rather than a 30 minute drive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lamport is having new turf put in for next year so when the stadium is exactly ready for the Wolfpack and TFC2 has not yet been determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Lamport isn't set in stone according to this

https://www.wakingthered.com/2017/8/...source=twitter

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why TFC just have TFC2 play right after TFC play? Obviously they can't do it all the time to due schedule but I am sure it's doable and probably get more fans to TFC2 games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would mean a lot of 10 pm starts.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, mid week games would not be able to go back to back.

I am wondering about this. Obviously, this COULD mean more people for TFCII games, but back in the reserve league days we didn't have a lot of people stick around for those.
    Also, there are quite a few people that come to TFCII games because they are close - one guy I talk to regularly lives just down the road and it's a "cheap" alternative to the TFC games for him and his four kids.

Also, this will mean more cost logistically for BMO to open or remain open for these games. Will concessions be open, and if so, how many will be open? So many questions...

I'll miss OSC, but not that much... :-)
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if they also considered Downsview? With the new subway opening, that could be convenient as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday August 13, 2017 Toronto FC III 2 North Toronto Nitros 3
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...7/17l1o194.htm

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Does anyone know if they also considered Downsview? With the new subway opening, that could be convenient as well.

USL demands at least a 5K stadium.

In the long term, the opportunity of a World Cup stadium built in Downsview seemed to die today with the release of the stadiums being considered for the WCup; CONCACAF going for in place infrastructure mostly.

But, you never know what a host nation(s) will do once they get accepted.