Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavalluzzo will start.....Borgan Enbers will back him up.

Cavalluzzo wasn't that great when I seen him last year...but it's a new year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Cavalluzzo will start.....Borgan Enbers will back him up.

Cavalluzzo wasn't that great when I seen him last year...but it's a new year.
    still didn't look good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    still didn't look good
    I just don't get it....we're not in Liga MX...being able to command/control your box is crucial in the MLS/USL/NASL game and he looks weaks, and it shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this ....Luis "Chino" Pereira...allegedly signed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nick name is always a good sign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lars Eckenrode's injury is a broken leg. Ouch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder who might be loaned down from the first team for tonight's TFC2 home opener. Assuming it will be at least Aubrey and Alseth, does anyone else who does not factor into tomorrow get a run out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to derail this thread, but I NEED that jersey. :-) TFCII Logo and all.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II home opener vs. Rochester starting soon.

Best guess with that lineup: Cavalluzzo GK, Taintor/Aubrey/Peters CBs, Alseth/Endoh wing backs, James/Johnson CMs, Andrews CAM, Spencer/Telfer STs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New striker for TFC and the return to Ontario for Jordon Dover for Rochester, previously Durham United player born in my town of Ajax :@)
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 04-08-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Telfer at LWB like last game. Andrews playing as a second striker and Endoh in the middle with Alseth RWB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been watching most of the TFC II game so far. High press by both sides, coupled with fairly poor ball control and inaccurate passing (as expected for these lower-division teams), makes for really ugly footy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0-0 draw. Pretty uneventful game for the most part, rarely any quality play generated by either team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is with that stadium.its a embarrassment,i thought they were going to build a 2 to 4 k stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does Jason Bent not get fired? TFC II have been inexcusably bad under his watch. TFC III might be able to beat them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Result and details from the Friday April 7, 2017 USL game between Toronto FC II
    and Rochester Rhinos played at the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan at 7:30pm.

Final Score:.....Toronto FC II.......0......Rochester Rhinos.......0....

Attendance was announced as 523 on this brutally cold and windy evening.
    Temperature was only + 3 Celsius. Toronto had an inch of snow fall overnight
    and although it had melted by the late afternoon, because they must have shoveled
    the turf, there was a border of snow just a few feet from the sideline and each
    end zone. I figured about 100 fans or more left at halftime especially the ones with
    young kids. Thankfully TFC II head coach Jason Bent gifted me a full length TFC parka
    at the TFC II SSH event a week and a half ago so I didn't even mind the aluminum
    benches that make up the stands.

Man of the Match (who I assume is always a TFC II player) was named as T&T defender
    Jelani Peters. He had a few key stops by diving headers and a magnificent block
    at 69 minutes by doing the splits to poke the ball away from RR Ryan James who otherwise
    was in alone at 20 yards. He injured himself on that play but returned to the game.

Fellow TFC II T&T forward Aikim Andrews was fed passes but was either checked off the ball
    before shooting or rolled softies to the goalie or wide of the net.

Goalies Angelo Cavalluzzo of TFC II and Tomas Gomez of Rhinos earned shutouts
    for their teams.

Other best non-scoring chances were at 19 minutes with RR Kennardo Forbes taking
    his third cornerkick from the right side within two minutes had RR Wal Fall head at 10 yards
    up the middle that the goalie jumped for but the ball hit the top of the bar for a goal kick.

43 minutes had RR Kennardo Forbes take a 35 yard freekick from the right and
    RR Darius Madison headed a 7 yarder wide left of the post.

51 minutes had TFC Ben Spencer roll a pass to his left for the charging Ryan Telfer
    at the 30 yard line. He rolled a cross from near the end line and the goalie beat
    Aikim Andrews to dive on the ball at 3 yards even with the left post.

74 minutes had RR Kenardo Forbes take a cornerkick from the left and RR Ryan Felix
    headed a 12 yarder down the middle and TFC Dyvind Alseth headed the ball away
    at 3 yards on the right post.

90 minutes had RR Jordan Dover chip a ball from 20 yards on the right that goalie
    Angelo Cavalluzzo caught on the left post a split second before RR Rayane Boukemia
    got his head to it from 3 yards.

Ryan Telfer had an injury time shot that he rolled down the middle from 20 yards
    just wide left of the post.

Referee David Barrie gave out three Yellow cards and all in the second half
    in a game that wasn't rough at all. I don't think any players felt like going in for
    sliding tackles on the hard turf tonight.

TFC II list 14 Canadians on their roster out of 28 players listed. Sounds good
    except that tonight there were only three of them starting (goalie Angelo Cavalluzo,
    and midfielders Ryan Telfer and Malik Johnson). Midfielder Sergio Camargo came
    in at halftime just as Johnson left.

The Rhinos have two Canadians on their roster and used both for the full 90 minutes.
    Jordan Dover played well in defence. I watched him play the last two years with
    Durham United in League 1 Ontario. I watched midfielder Ryan James back in 2012
    when he played for TFC Academy in the CSL and for TFC in the MLS Reserve League.

TFC Academy kids were paraded to the center circle at halftime. They looked about
    age 12. From the MLSE Presidents Breakfast it was mentioned that TFC won't be running
    an academy for players under age 14 starting this year (except for the kids already in their
    program). Sounded like the last player introduced was Mason(?) Vanney—ohoh probably
    the MLS head coach Greg Vanney's son. Greg is the uncle of TFC defender Eric Zavaleta.

So not enough Canadian players got on the field for my liking. This year there are only
    three subs allowed in USL games so that limits their opportunities. TFC is not operating
    a PDL team any longer so although PDL rosters are mostly stocked with NCAA players
    on summer break, TFC got a lot of minutes for TFC II and TFC Academy players. MLSE president
    Bill Manning said he wants to help the proposed new Canadian league as long as it doesn't
    operate in Toronto so what would be easier for him than announcing that TFC II is now known
    as Winnipeg FC and they can dump the production of entertaining 500 fans expecting the
    bumpkins not in the GTA to think this is the big league?

Tsubasa Endoh seems to be the only player from the MLS dump- down remaining with TFC II.
    He took all the corners and most of the freekicks tonight with mixed success. Kennardo Forbes
    did the same for the Rhinos.

TFC II captain this year is returning defender Mitch Taintor. He was featured on the two-page
    match program but was subbed at halftime.

There was no weather advantage for the home team as Rochester is just across Lake Ontario
    on the American side. Maybe MLS Atlanta will be at a disadvantage in the city tomorrow
    but then they beat Minnesota in a snowstorm a few weeks ago!

TFC II's #1 goalie Mark Pais was recently signed by the MLS team because of the long term
    injury to Clint Irwin. TFC didn't let Irwin just sit around. He'd been promoted all week by TFC
    as a reason to come to tonight's game. He was in the autograph tent in the south end.
    How would he sign a near black picture postcard? With a silver coloured Sharpie! I gave him
    a list of game reports I'd written in 2011 when he played for Capital City FC (Ottawa) in their
    one season of existence in the CSL. Most interesting will be his game against TFC Academy
    when Jordan Hamilton scored on him and the opposing goalie Angelo Cavalluzzo was
    Red carded. He was tonight's TFC II goalie.

Rhinos have replaced their forwards this season. Steevan Dos Santos now plays for Ottawa Fury
    (oh-oh that's TFC II's next game!) Christian Volesky now plays for Saint Louis FC and last week
    was named USL Player of the Week. His teammate includes Wesley Charpie who was a TFC II
    defender last season. Mark Pais played for Saint Louis last year (not a trade between clubs).
    I wonder if in the back of his mind he thought he'd have the chance of moving up to play
    in the MLS by moving to an MLS 'II' team?

Fans were given a soccer ball keychain on the way in and a fridge magnet (comparable to the
    one we were given last week at the MLS team's game) on the way out. Home team players
    each threw a mini ball into the crowd after the national anthems.

This was the home opener for TFC II. This was freakishly cold but it can't be unexpected at this
    time of year. Of course better weather would be certain if the game was played in the
    daytime—this weekend as the MLS TFC team is playing Saturday, Sunday afternoon would have
    been better. TFC II opened with three games on the road to start the season—Arizona and
    two games in Florida. They now go on another three game road trip and aren't back until
    Saturday May 13th when they play Bethlehem Steel at BMO Field at 6:00pm--right after
    the MLS game.

Rocket Robin
    robing@eol.ca

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the report.

Rochester looked nowhere near as good as they did last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty uneventful game. Cavaluzzo did make some good saves that I am hoping with help up his confidence. How many of you go to the TFC II games? It would be nice to see more supporters out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC 3 is at the Dallas Cup play their first game versus Red Bull Brazil in the U19 Super Group 330 PM , the U19 Super Group which is made up of pro Academy teams from around the world, players born after Aug.1st. 1997 are eligible in this age division at this tournament, FC Dallas U19 is clobbering Everton's U19 at the moment 5-0 with still time on the clock. Sorry my bad looks like the TFC3 Red Bull Brazil game has already ended got my times mixed up, anyways good news 2-1 TFC3 over Red Bull Brazil good start to the tournament.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 04-09-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC III won 2-1 vs. Red Bulls academy in their first Dallas Cup game. Two goals from Hundal, one assist from Srbely and one from Fraser. This was their starting lineup: https://twitter.com/tfcacademy/statu...11907000016896

The U17 academy team is playing the U17 Red Bulls now in the Generation Adidas Cup. Second game for them, they lost their first 2-1 to Club Tijuana. There's a stream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrObWJD2Mfk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched a few minutes here but it looks like there is some gap in quality and organization between TFC and RBNY. We have a few good individual players but as a group we struggle to play out of the back and win most of the 2nd balls in midfield. We had a player sent off as well for what looked to be a purely accidental handball.

Honestly I've seen better from Sigma's Jr. teams.... the quality of RBNY notwithstanding.

Edit: for anyone watching the scoreboard is screwed. It says 2-1 TFC but it's actually 3-0 RBNY. Make that 5-0 now... this one will be a big learning experience for the boys I think.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-09-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This U17 academy team is having a rough time of it at the Generation Adidas Cup , by the way as much as we can wonder about how good these players all the coach of this team needs to also take the blame, who coaches this team by the way, just because you have a fancy licence does not make you a good coach by the way, just like a Vanney can be left accountable for his coaching so can some of these academy age group coaches need to be held accountable as well, if I coach is out of his realm then he needs to be held accountable, like I said just because you have a fancy license does not make you a good coach , look around TFC there are plenty of good coaches even in the GTA that can do the job if some of these academy coaches are not doing the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the stream for the TFC-NYRB game on the MLS website and I thought TFC was the better team through the first 55 minutes. Then inexplicably they allowed 3 goals in the space of 6 minutes. Two or three of the goals were directly on errors by the goalkeeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    TFC III won 2-1 vs. Red Bulls academy in their first Dallas Cup game. Two goals from Hundal, one assist from Srbely and one from Fraser. This was their starting lineup: https://twitter.com/tfcacademy/statu...11907000016896
    Exactly what I predicted. The top TFCII U-20 players are at this tournament. Wonder if Uccello, or Onkony are there too.
    Last edited by Shway; 04-09-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I just watched the stream for the TFC-NYRB game on the MLS website and I thought TFC was the better team through the first 55 minutes. Then inexplicably they allowed 3 goals in the space of 6 minutes. Two or three of the goals were directly on errors by the goalkeeper.
    Not sure if we were watching the same game (as multiple RBNY-TFC games) I tuned in between the 30th-65th minute or so and thought we were roundly played off the park. This was the u17 I think. The red card didn't help but we were 2nd best by some distance even before that happened. We were rarely able to get the ball out of our 1/3rd of the field.

The cows were miles ahead in terms of Technical ability and organization. A small sample size, but disappointing I must say.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This U17 academy team is having a rough time of it at the Generation Adidas Cup , by the way as much as we can wonder about how good these players all the coach of this team needs to also take the blame, who coaches this team by the way, just because you have a fancy licence does not make you a good coach by the way, just like a Vanney can be left accountable for his coaching so can some of these academy age group coaches need to be held accountable as well, if I coach is out of his realm then he needs to be held accountable, like I said just because you have a fancy license does not make you a good coach , look around TFC there are plenty of good coaches even in the GTA that can do the job if some of these academy coaches are not doing the job.

So what if U17 has rough time at GAC, you do realize that only 1st team must win,none of the Academy team has too. Academy coaches are developing players, coaches is responsible for development not useless youth trophies,what count is to be competitive,winning games at that level mean absolutely nothing for TFC,what they want to see is one or two players per generation to and up with TFC or TFC II,and that's is main prospective from every coach at TFC academy.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    So what if U17 has rough time at GAC, you do realize that only 1st team must win,none of the Academy team has too. Academy coaches are developing players, coaches is responsible for development not useless youth trophies,what count is to be competitive,winning games at that level mean absolutely nothing for TFC,what they want to see is one or two players per generation to and up with TFC or TFC II,and that's is main prospective from every coach at TFC academy.
    Hmmm....don't think I agree with the statement that "trophies don't matter".
    How do you breed a winning mentality that will translate youth players mindsets if they make it to the first team? Losing has never developed players into winners. While I do understand that these levels are for development, I do know that FC Dallas' academy has been winning for years and they have been consistently reaping the benefits with homegrowns signings. I believe this has a direct correlation to the winning mentality that is/was seen from U16 to the first team.

All in all...don't undermine the breeding ground for a winning mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add....take a look at this article, and tell me that winning isn't a concern or a priority.
    DALLAS CUP: FC Dallas U-18s Exact Revenge on Defending-Champion Everton Side that Eliminated Them in 2016

or the highlights....

https://twitter.com/aqwack/status/851292484206563328

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correction on my earlier post - TFC III beat Red Bulls Brasil academy in the Dallas Cup, not NYRB.

TFC III play their 2nd group game today vs Eintracht Frankfurt (no stream).