Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    isn't having a contract with the league separate from having one with a team?
    No, they are one in the same. When the Reds selected him they assumed the contract.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like TFCIII lost their final match.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/03...al-final-recap
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/03...season-preview

Season preview from the team. Expect TFC II to line up in a 3-5-2 as they look to make the transition between them and the senior team easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any update on the contract situations for Spencer or Akinola?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    any update on the contract situations for Spencer or Akinola?
    Still in negotiations with Spencer I assume as there's been no announcement, but Vanney said coming out of preseason he's made the senior team roster. I think he signs a reserve or supplemental level MLS deal and gets heavy minutes with TFC II.

Nothing on Akinola, but no news is bad news here. He seems to have at best delayed his decision on our Homegrown deal, at worst rejected it, and he'll be free to leave for Europe in a year. As Will Parchman tweeted recently:

This is speculation on my part but I think he might indeed be waiting to play in the U17 World Cup with the States (assuming they qualify through CONCACAF, tournament starts a month from now). The U17 WC is in October and Akinola turns 18 in January, allowing him to move abroad during that winter transfer window. So he may be choosing to showcase himself in the U17 WC, see what offers he can attract, and then make his decision. This is where we would have to dip into the Jordan Morris fund, as, unless he really turned heads at the tournament, it's likely we could offer him a richer deal in a Homegrown contract than he would get as an 18 year old in Europe. Obviously, if his mind is set on Europe because he thinks it's a better long term career move then even a bigger contract with us might not be enough. Long story short, it's not looking good in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Long story short, it's not looking good in my opinion.
    I mean this was inevitable. The reality is, Ayo would have to be willing to play with TFC II from what I see...he would be too deep on the first team depth chart, and he's no Jordan Morrris.

So what I see is he shows out, and ends up on a European reserve or U-20 team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a bit off topic but does anyone know if they changed anything at the Ontario Soccer Centre?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Might be a bit off topic but does anyone know if they changed anything at the Ontario Soccer Centre?
    Its only a matter of time before USL cracks down and demands a proper stadium, its embarasing. TFCII not the only guilty club, other reserve teams have similar basic facilities. It's a big contrast with the independent clubs who have really nice SS Stadiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Its only a matter of time before USL cracks down and demands a proper stadium, its embarasing. TFCII not the only guilty club, other reserve teams have similar basic facilities. It's a big contrast with the independent clubs who have really nice SS Stadiums.
    Not really sure where the incentive is to have a “proper stadium” when USSF simply requires division 2 teams to have a stadium with a minimum of 5000 seats.

Also, if USL does require a “proper stadium” my guess is TFCII would be forced to play @ BMO Field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, here's my own little preview for the upcoming TFCII season.

Bezbatchenko and TFC are on record as saying TFC II is still about player development first and foremost, but that they want to field a more competitive team this season than in years past. TFC II ended their 2015 inaugural season with 23 points from 28 games, and last year earned 26 points from 30 games. As with last year, the top 8 teams in the Eastern Conference will earn a playoff spot. For context, TFC II's 26 points were 9 points shy of the final playoff spot. There's 15 teams in the East this year compared to 14 last year, as the Tampa Bay Rowdies and Ottawa Fury have moved over from NASL, the latter having to serve as TFC's main rival now that FC Montreal is no more.

It remains to be seen exactly what a more competitive TFC II looks like, but I suspect we might see more minutes this year for loanees from the senior team and depth-level USL players, and less minutes given to players brought up from the academy that have not signed pro deals. TFC II held a lot of auditions for academy players last year; perhaps too many if you're looking to put together a stronger squad. I'll be keeping my eye on this as we'll have to see how things play out, especially given the number of guys on the senior team roster that will probably be starved for minutes this year and could use the extra game time at USL level.

In terms of schedule, TFC II kicks off the season this Saturday at 10:30pm vs. Phoenix Rising FC, with the home opener coming April 7th vs. Rochester. The early season schedule is frankly pretty brutal, with the home opener being the only home game in TFC II's first 7 games. Kicking off the season against Phoenix and then Tampa Bay is no easy task either, as both clubs have submitted expansion bids to MLS and will be looking to impress. Phoenix, managed by Frank Yallop, is hosting TFC II for the inaugural match in their new 5,000-seat stadium, and some of their most recent signings include Omar Bravo and Shaun Wright-Phillips, with the latest rumors being that they're chasing Didier Drogba (no, that's not a joke). TFC II will be missing Mitch Taintor for the opener, who's serving a suspension carried over from last season, and may be without some players that participated in the Viareggio Cup in Italy with TFC III recently.

As usual, all USL games are streamed free on Youtube. This will also be the first season for which Opta is providing full statistical coverage of USL games, so there will be new "match center" models available for every game in real time on the USL website, similar to MLS, and hopefully a database or two with which to track TFC II player performance.

On to the roster. Jason Bent is still managing the squad and it's expected he'll be using a 3-5-2 formation as TFC wants to make the transition between senior and reserve teams as smooth as possible. I've put together a rough depth chart:

Note that this only includes USL-contracted and academy players. A real "game day" roster for TFC II will probably often feature several senior players being loaned down, as we have a fair few that will need the minutes. For example, I would expect to see Mo Babouli, Ben Spencer (assuming he signs), Sergio Camargo, Tsubasa Endoh, Johan Brunell and Brandon Aubrey - those latter two especially, as the current USL roster is very thin at CB - spending significant time with TFC II this year, with some cameo appearances from others at times as well. Note also that AM Aikim Andrews and DM Luis Pereira, who were both on trial with TFC II, are not included as they've yet to sign, and I'm unclear on their status or if they're even still training with the team. They may have been let go at this point.

My personal list of players to watch:

USL/Academy:
    - Liam Fraser, CDM: The best of our prospects currently signed to a USL deal, Fraser, 19, is a deep-lying midfielder with good passing range and more the type to intercept passes than make hard tackles, though he can do both. Imagine Cheyrou when he was younger and more mobile. Other than captaining the Canadian side at the U-20 CONCACAF Championship, Fraser spent all of preseason with the senior squad and is the most likely candidate to earn the next TFC Homegrown deal. Fraser was highlighted as one of the top 5 U-20 players to watch in USL this season by the league website: http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_articl...85?referrer_id. Look for him to lead from midfield.

- Shaan Hundal, ST: Hundal was the biggest surprise on the team last year, with a team-leading (along with Raheem Edwards) 6 goals, and half of them scored while he was still 16 years old. Signing a USL deal midway through last season and now 17, over the offseason Hundal scored at the U-20 CONCACAF Championship for Canada, and scored twice at the Viareggio Cup with TFC III. Hundal is likely to get heavy minutes with TFC II this season as one of their first-choice strikers.

- Luca Uccello, CAM: A 19 year old attacking midfielder in the TFC academy system since the U12 level, Uccello also joined Canada at the U-20 CONCACAF Championship. Finishing last season with 3 goals and 2 assists, this is close to a make-or-break year for Uccello, who will have to improve his offensive output and show his development is poised to continue as he likely competes with Sergio Camargo for minutes with TFC II and in the minds of TFC's staff as a future first team attacking midfielder.

- Malik Johnson, ST/CAM: Soon to be 19 year old forward with blazing speed and quick feet, Johnson scored 4 goals last year in USL - a penalty and three solo run stunners. Johnson needs to find more consistency in his game, because his skill set makes him a real danger when he can put it together.

- Ayo Akinola, ST: Considered by most to be TFC's best prospect full stop, and with good reason: if you've outscored fellow U.S. U-17 attacking stars Josh Sargent and recent Atlanta Homegrown signing Andrew Carleton in the last calendar year, you're probably pretty good. Unfortunately for us, it was reported that we'd offered him a Homegrown deal and with there still being no news on that end, you have to assume he didn't take it. As he figures to play a key role with the U.S. U-17 squad at the U-17 World Cup in October, he may be waiting to perform in front of the scouts at that tournament and turn that into a pro deal in Europe, where he'll be able to leave after turning 18 in January. Akinola scored 2 goals as a 16 year old with TFC II last year in a handful of games. He won't be available for a little while as he's currently in the last-ever U.S. residency camp for the recently-cancelled program, and from there will be heading to the U-17 CONCACAF Championship in order to help the U.S. qualify for the U-17 WC. On his return though, I'll be keeping an eye on two things: a) how good he really is, and b) how many minutes TFC is willing to give to a player that may be a lost cause in terms of their long-term plans.

First team loanees:
    - Brandon Aubrey, CB: Aubrey, 22, was a fairly highly-touted CB heading into the MLS draft, but saw his stock drop considerably after what many considered a poor combine performance. Looking increasingly unlikely to break into the first team this year, especially with Jason Hernandez having just been signed, Aubrey has a great opportunity this season with TFC II. The squad and academy is weak in CB prospects ready for this level, so if Aubrey can establish himself as a reliable USL starter, he's looking at a ton of minutes this year and in the future.

- Sergio Camargo, CAM: Camargo, 22, spent several years with the TFC academy before heading to the NCAA, then the PDL, and now finally returning to sign a Homegrown deal with TFC this offseason. With pure CAMs in Vazquez and Chapman ahead of him in the senior roster, not to mention guys like Osorio and Cooper, expect to see a good deal of Camargo with TFC II this year. As a slightly older player with a bit more experience at higher levels, he may get more minutes against some of TFC II's tougher opposition.

- Ben Spencer, ST: A "project" player, Spencer is described as a tall target man with soft feet. I say "described" because no one has seen much of him recently: he's been injured for the better part of the last two and a half years. Finally healthy, Spencer has cracked the first team roster according to Vanney, but with Giovinco, Altidore, Ricketts and Hamilton ahead of him, he could certainly use the minutes that TFC II could give him. At 21 years old, it's not too late for Spencer, but he needs to start playing. When he's with TFC II he'll be competing against Ricardo John for the target man role up top. Besides Akinola, he's the only player mentioned here currently without an MLS or USL deal, but all indications are he will be signed shortly.
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-23-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprised at all, fully expected with the Reds off this weekend more than a couple first teamers are making the trip with the USL squad.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, here's my own little preview for the upcoming TFCII season.
    Nice write up....some anomalies with the lineup but your brave for trying.

Try again, knowing the players available this weekend.

TFCII will be looking to win this year, in the mould of NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I didn't bother trying to include the senior team loanees because most of them are gonna be on and off with TFC II so I just considered USL and academy only since those players will always be available. Though I do expect Aubrey, Camargo and Spencer to essentially be full-time TFC II players this season (Camargo may be able to play his way into some first team minutes but I doubt it for the others).

I believe Daniels and Johnson are unavailable for this weekend as they played a friendly in Italy today with TFC II. Some academy players that could figure with TFC II are also still in Italy. Hundal and Fraser didn't seem to be involved so I assume they are back and with the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II signs ST Ryan Telfer, 23, and adds Brandon Onkony, still with the academy, to the player pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...national-stars

TFC academy will compete in the Generation Adidas Cup beginning April 7th. TFC is one of 8 MLS academies in the top division of the tournament. We have Estudiantes, Club Tijuana, and NYRB in our group. The tournament is U-17 (born January 1, 2000 or later). Live game streams will be available from MLS.
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-24-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC also has 11 players called into a U17 camp ahead of the the CONCACAF u17 qualifiers in April.

CANADA U-17
    GK- Gianluca Catalano | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    GK- Evan Ince | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-16 Residency
    GK- Sebastian Sgarbossa | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    CB- Julian Dunn-Johnson | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    CB- Yohan Le Bourhis | CAN / Académie Impact de Montréal
    CB- Antonio Rocco Romeo | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    CB- Karifa Yao | CAN / Académie Impact de Montréal
    FB- Gabriel Escobar | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-16 Residency
    FB- Émile Legault | FRA / AJ Auxerre
    FB- Monti Mohsen | CAN / Ottawa Internationals SC
    FB- Jake Ruby | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-16 Residency
    M- Michael Baldisimo | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
    M- Olakunle Dada-Luke | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    M- Jordan Faria | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    M- Benson Fazili | CAN / Ottawa Internationals SC
    M- Alessandro Hojabrpour | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-16 Residency
    M- Terique Mohammed | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    M- Noble Okello | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    M- Luca Petrasso | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    M- Steffen Yeates | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    F- Zakaria Abdi | CAN / Toronto FC Academy
    F- Jonathan David | CAN / Ottawa Internationals SC
    F- José Hernández | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-16 Residency
    F- Matthew Laic | CRO / GNK Dinamo Zagreb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March 28, 2017 USL Toronto FC II--TFC II Season Seat Holder Ticket Pick-Up Event (by Rocket Robin)
    Details of the Tuesday March 28, 2017 Toronto FC II Season Seat Holders ticket pickup held
    at the KIA Training Centre between 6:00pm and 8:00pm in Downsview.

I wasn't planning on getting there right at the beginning but seemed to hit every green light
    and found a shortcut roadway from the north that was still open from last year and found myself
    at the entrance before anyone had been let in. The bubble was still up at this time of year
    although I'd seen a tweeted photo of the MLS squad earlier today training outdoors which made
    sense as they will be playing their season opener outside at BMO Field on Friday night so they
    better get used to the cold weather. I didn't notice nor expect any of the first team
    at tonight's event.

I was looking forward to, yet partially dreading writing up this event because I'm not good
    with names. Even outside with fellow fans I've forgotten names but mentally refer to them
    as 'autograph collector guy', 'photo taking guy',
    'maintenance-guy-from-the-building-where-I-used-to-work'. Just say hello but don't say their name.

Ohoh! The players were all wearing red polo shirts but no name tags. Let's see how I do!
    First check in by the entranceway. There is a bit of a hold up but it was caused by a group
    of boys chatting with some of the players helping man the reception desk.
    There's my TFC II rep Alex Adamo. The list is confined to one page—no more than 40 to 50 names.
    "Not many season ticket holders!" I blurt out. Oops. Of course they could be one name per
    pair/foursome/group of tickets I offer. Alex said that not every SSH would come here tonight.
    I estimated later that there was constantly an average of 100 fans during the evening. Further
    along the desk a player put his hand out to say hello. I had to ask who he was. "Mark Pais".
    Oooh the goalie who earned the shutout for the team on Saturday in their season opener away
    to Phoenix Rising. Now what did I want to ask him? "You played for Saint Louis last year
    and you tweeted that you were glad you were coming to Toronto but some of your older tweets
    thanked the St Louis fans--your hometown, why did you leave?" He answered that it was a change
    of coaches and of the team's philosophy and he was happy that a new opportunity arose in Toronto.
    I've read that this season TFC II defender Wesley Charpie plays for Saint Louis but that is not
    related to Pais' move.

I was given an envelope which contained my season's ticket stuck together like linked saugages.
    A smaller link of just two tickets were for the games at BMO Field because it is possible that
    some TFC II fans are not going to the MLS game earlier in the day. No fan declaration letter
    from the MLSE brass nor TFC II seat cushion like last year. Still a great deal at $96
    for 16 games—that's less than the price of one of my 'premium' tickets for the MLS team.

I walked a gauntlet of players lining the staircase upstairs. Ok not so bad I do know about
    half the players. I wanted to piece a roster together of TFC II and TFC III. TFC II has
    actually started their season so there were eighteen plus news releases had announced signings
    and a recent 'loan' of six players from their MLS roster.

Midfielder Liam Fraser! He played the full 90 minutes in all three games for the Canadian U-20
    team in CONCACAF qualifying in Costa Rica. Soccer is a good way to see the world.

There's TFC II's assistant coach Chris Pozniak. There's no PDL team this year (also the USL
    has reduced the number of subs per game from six to three) so it will be tougher to get playing
    time for everybody. Fourteen less games to evaluate talent! I'd written down a roster
    of TFC III players (last year known as TFC Academy) from the last League 1 Ontario game I saw
    them play on October 2nd last season. I asked if he could check off who would NOT be back.
    There's still a month before the L1O season begins so the roster is not finalized. Danny Dichio
    is the TFC III coach this year taking over from Stuart Neely who left the organization to coach
    in Delta BC. I told him I had a feeling MLSE Bill Manning said they are willing to help the
    new CPL league as long as they don't operate in Toronto and offered up the TFC II roster.
    That might mean one day he might announce that the entire roster has become FC Winnipeg!
    No PDL team, no more operating TFC teams for players under the age of 14, maybe he'd jettison
    the TFC II team operating up in Vaughan and their loyal 700 fans! Winnipeg could help with
    player salaries. MLSE cost cutting?

TFC II head coach Jason Bent helped me check off another few names and also fill out the rest
    of the TFC III coaching staff. Neither Pozniak nor Bent know which TFC players may play for
    the still operating PDL K-W United team but Bent says that the coach is a scout for TFC.
    Pozniak is also an assistant coach for TFC III so will be able to recommend players to move up.

They referred TFC III as their U-20 team. Last year their L1O team was referred to as U-17.

I sympathized with Bent for last year having to juggle his roster on short notice for such
    things as to accommodate rehabbing MLS Clint Irwin in goal who allowed four then five goals
    in his first TFC II games. I got to talking to him about the editor of one site I write for
    deleting all my posts for the TFC PDL team as the team no longer exists. That's not the only
    site that revises history. Bent himself didn't just become TFC II head coach in November 2014
    but he was the assistant coach of the MLS team since 2011 and I'd get to games early and wave
    to him after he'd arranged the pylons for the player warm up and I watched him as head coach
    at the first ever TFC Academy game in 2008 in the CSL when they upset the previous year's champs
    Toronto Croatia at Lamport Stadium. Pozniak I used to cheer for on Toronto Lynx starting
    back in 1999. There's other sites that revise history. Raheem Edwards started L1O in 2014
    on Internacional de Toronto (a team that folded before I had a chance to see them) and finished
    the year with ANB Futbol (same TFC PDL editor deleted ANB history so you can't read about 14 year
    old Adonijah Reid lighting up the league and who now was drafted by FC Dallas).

I told him of my scheduling in the last few years how I could squeeze in so many games
    (TFC, TFC II, TFC PDL, Cdn Nat games when in Toronto, plus 41 L1O games) while on special
    leave from work so I could become a caregiver for my father. "You're always coming
    to our games!" he said.

I wanted to take a tour of the building so went back downstairs (yes I saw it as recently
    as last year) but waited for the previous one to end. While I was waiting Bent came along
    the hallway as there must have been a second stairway and put a TFC parka in my hands.
    "For your years of support" he said. I of course thanked him. The parka I wore tonight
    has certain stretches that have faded in the sun and there's duct tape on a sleeve to patch
    a huge tear when I caught it on a door. Maybe not quite as bad as the Dolly Parton song.
    Was it because I told him my father had died in October? No it doesn't matter. I asked him
    on the way out if I could tell anyone or keep it a secret. No, he said it was fine.

Looks like two players are going to show me around. Yes midfielder Luca Uccello I recognized.
    I said I remembered his father from the final home game of last season as a home-builder and one
    of the sponsors of the team. They had a draw for a KIA car and the winner became the owner
    of the car whereas the MLS team's grand prize was a two year LEASE of a KIA car! I had to ask
    who the other player was. Matthew Srbely. Oh the first professional player in League 1 Ontario
    I said. Yep. Yes I had been asking L1O chair Dino Rossi Jr each year if there were any pros
    in their semi-pro league yet and he always said no. I knew there were a few players who made
    some money teaching at some of their academy summer camps or doing office work but this was
    the first player signing pro contract and staying with the league.

First stop the TFC (MLS) dressing room. Last year I couldn't step inside but this year it was OK.
    A full size ping-pong table in the middle of the room. Next a room with a swimming pool
    and jacuzzi. I told the guys I remembered this when it still had paint cans as the team offered
    a tour of the facilities and the building wasn't finished in time. The gym/weight room.
    These were being used as there were some Academy players training in here. I only could recognize
    one person—one of MLS head coach Greg Vanney's red-headed kids watching the workout. I didn't
    notice Vanney there tonight. Next the TFC II dressing room. Well it's only about one-third
    the size of the MLS team. Interesting I opened up my notes so I could write three more TFC II
    player names that were taped on to the change cubicles. Ryan Telfer also had a taped on name
    as he's such a new signing. Next was to go inside the bubble. There was a full size turf field
    where TFC III plays its games. There were a group of kids holding a practice there. Uccello
    speculated they may the the U-12s. I heard at the President's Breakfast last month that they
    will be keeping their spots it's just in future years TFC will not be operating with any teams
    under 14. I also offered up a story of how the Centre was flooded one rainy fall night and three
    inches of water was washing down the halls.

Ok well now the tour is over and I went upstairs to have something to eat. Players were in the
    cafeteria along the hall to chat. Sausage rolls and swish-kabobs of pieces of fruit.
    Coffee and cookies for dessert.

I asked which player was Ryan Telfer. He scored the only goal in the opening game win last week.
    I read he played for York University and Vaughan Azzurri but I hadn't got to see him play in any
    Vaughan games—the teams often played on the same weekend and some players were on both squads.
    I told him I looked in my own records and found that I'd only watched him play one game and that
    was for Mississauga Eagles of the CSL in 2012 when he came on as a sub against Niagara and
    I honestly don't remember that game. My write-up of that game is linked on his Wikipedia page!
    Well I'll see him this year and am glad to watch Canadians play.

Some messages on the message boards ranted about the lack of Canadians with TFC but that was
    refuted by counter messages. I'd counted 11 Canadians on the USL site for TFC II. The lack
    of any Canadian defenders so far is a concern for me. The count (done by other message board
    members is about the same as last year). Expect more Canadians when they settle in from
    returning from the national U-20 and U-23 teams.

Let's compile my roster lists from all the sources I have:

Toronto FC II
    goalies Mark Pais, Angelo Cavalluzzo

defenders Lars Eckenrode, Brandon Onkony, Mitchell Taintor

midfielders Aidan Daniels, Liam Fraser, Brian James, Malike Johnson, Anthony Osorio,
    Luca Uccello, Jordan McCrary, Matthew Srbely

forwards Shaan Hundal, Ricardo John, Ryan Telfer, Ben Spencer

plus loaned down from TFC: defenders Oyvind Alseth and Brandon Aubrey;
    midfielders Tsubasa Endoh, Markey Delgado, Jay Chapman and Raheem Edwards

and names taped to cubicles in TFC II dressing room:
    Luis Pereira midfielder from Panama
    Jelani Peters midfielder from T & T
    Aikim Andrew forward from T & T

Bubacarr Jobe midfielder has been loaned out to Skovde AIK in Sweden.

Toronto FC III of League 1 Ontario: (so far)

goalies Brogan Engbers, Sunny Dhaliwal, (and Phil Di Bennardo?)

defenders Steven Furlano, and Jacob Maurulto-Robinson

midfielders Matthew Srbely, Nicholas Osorio, Cyrus Rollocks, Dante Campbell,
    Malik Smith, Kota Sakurai, Glenn Muenkat, Armando Caracciolo, and Marko Mandekic.

Forwards Richie Ennin

Bent and Pozniak helped me check off that defenders Klaidi Cela and Marko Maletic
    and forward Reshon Phillip would NOT be with TFC this year.

Bent listed this year's TFC III coaching staff as:
    head coach Danny Dichio
    assistant coach Chris Pozniak
    goalkeeping coach Phil Boerger
    physio Andy Choi
    equipment manager Frank Russo
    team administrator Jordan Custoreri

Well that list confirms that all three Osorio brothers are still in the TFC family.

Meanwhile on the other side of the world earlier today the Canadian U-23 team defeated
    Qatar 2-0 with goals from TFC first team player Jordan Hamilton and former TFC Academy
    player (2010 to 2012) Michael Petrasso.

Almost ready to leave and I asked Alex Adamo if TFC II media guy Adam Krueger was here.
    Yes right near the exit. I told him I liked his game reports giving a complete listing
    of the lineups. (a lot of teams don't list the rosters and even the USL website doesn't
    list all the subs—ie if you didn't get in the game you weren't there!). I pointed out
    that I was the guy who privately tweeted him that his TFC II preview had listed midfielder
    'Brain James' which no spellchecker is going to catch. "He may be a smart midfielder but
    he's still only 'B-R-I-A-N' James". I told him a short story of the early internet days
    when someone started a fan site for the leader of the Beach Boys 'Brain Wilson' and didn't
    get many hits.

Time to drive home and decompress before I go swimming tonight. I guess I was inside
    for just over an hour. How much will I remember?

Later I realized I'd forgotten to look for their trophy case to see if I could see the
    Voyageurs Cup. That would have been another boast as I could have said that I helped
    pay for it when the Voyageurs fans were raising funds in 2002.

TFC II's first home game is Friday April 7th at the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan
    at 7:30pm against Rochester Rhinos although before that they still have two road games
    against Tampa Bay Rowdies and Orlando City B.

Rocket Robin
    robing@eol.ca
    twitter @RocketRobin01

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and it you like pictures see this at http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...7/17tfc241.htm and page down!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Not sure you get this enough but I really appreciate your reports and the obvious dedication to the game at a level most of us are only vaguely aware exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great summary Robin. You deserve more credit for all the work you put into this. I really appreciate your insight into the development levels and L1O. Maybe we'll see you in Ottawa some weekend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good that Camargo is fit now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. Really excited to see Camargo play. I don't think I've seen him play since the CSL days of TFCA. Always enjoyed watching him play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/04...-aikim-andrews

TFC II sign Aikim Andrews, 20 year old CAM from Trinidad & Tobago. He was on trial with TFC and TFC II throughout the preseason. Also bring in 23 year old Trinidadian defender Jelani Peters on loan, a 6"4 CB.

Quite a few options at CAM now with Uccello, Andrews and Camargo being regulars, maybe Chapman on occasion. Needed more CBs with Eckenrode getting hurt last game and it being a weaker position in general so Peters should be able to get minutes too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/04...-aikim-andrews

TFC II sign Aikim Andrews, 20 year old CAM from Trinidad & Tobago. He was on trial with TFC and TFC II throughout the preseason. Also bring in 23 year old Trinidadian defender Jelani Peters on loan, a 6"4 CB.

Quite a few options at CAM now with Uccello, Andrews and Camargo being regulars, maybe Chapman on occasion. Needed more CBs with Eckenrode getting hurt last game and it being a weaker position in general so Peters should be able to get minutes too.
    I think Uccello will bite the bullet on playing time. IMO he looks a lot of the times like a boy playing amongst men, and his skill-set doesn't match his size and strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II go again tonight vs. Orlando City B at 7:30pm. Taintor has served his suspension and will start as one of the three CBs I'm sure. Probably still Aubrey and Hernandez with him as Eckenrode is injured from the last match. With Mark Pais joining TFC as insurance with Irwin hurt, Cavalluzzo could start in goal if Pais has already joined up with TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II go again tonight vs. Orlando City B at 7:30pm. Taintor has served his suspension and will start as one of the three CBs I'm sure. Probably still Aubrey and Hernandez with him as Eckenrode is injured from the last match. With Mark Pais joining TFC as insurance with Irwin hurt, Cavalluzzo could start in goal if Pais has already joined up with TFC.
    Pais is already here, signed his MLS contract in Toronto and will backup Alex this weekend.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Pais in Toronto, I would guess they would go with Cavalluzzo.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)