Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC II & TFC Academy 2017 Discussion

May as well get this started now.

Shaan Hundal scored in the 4th minute as Canada's U-20s beat Panama U-20 1-0 tonight. Also starting from TFC II were Richie Ennin, Liam Fraser, and Luca Uccello, who captained the side. Aidan Daniels and Malik Johnson also came off the bench in the 2nd half. No video from the match unfortunately.

The U-20s go against Panama again on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U-20s lose the second friendly to Panama 2-1. Liam Fraser scored and all the TFC II players saw playing time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II sent out renewal e-mail notices for 2017 season. A SSH like I was last year gets 16 games x $6.00 = $96.00 (bonus a pair of tickets to the MLS team's Canadian Championship match). If you renew by Feb 6th.

[last year it was 15 games x $5.00 = $75.00
    That's season tickets for the equivalent of one game of my TFC (MLS) SSH ticket.
    Only risk here is the USL schedule hasn't been released yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.canadasoccer.com/select-g...0371-preview-1

U-20s are taking 15 players for a training camp in Mexico to play friendlies vs. Cruz Azul and Club America academies. Invited from TFC II are Fraser, Hundal, Daniels, Ennin, Uccello and Dante Campbell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they doing anything with that stadium? Or is it going to remain the way it is?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Are they doing anything with that stadium? Or is it going to remain the way it is?
    As far as I know , the answer is no. The stadium project up there is the OSA's and from what gather it has not progr seed as planned due to what it always is, money. I know after being told what the stadium was going to be in 2015 and showing up to what it ended up being was a disappointment for some.

So essentially they bring in a metal grandstand at the start of the year. For anyone that has been up there, the one they used in the first year in 2015 was much better than the one from last season. It was at ground level making the first few rows useless.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance they'll play any games at BMO Field this season? Their field is a little far from downtown for those of us who don't drive. It'd be a nice change to have Ottawa play TFC2 at BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that would be a great idea a tfc2 v ottawa on a saturday around 3 and tfc game at 7.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    that would be a great idea a tfc2 v ottawa on a saturday around 3 and tfc game at 7.
    From what I gather a few TFC2 games will be played at BMO as part of double headers with the first team.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    As far as I know , the answer is no. The stadium project up there is the OSA's and from what gather it has not progr seed as planned due to what it always is, money. I know after being told what the stadium was going to be in 2015 and showing up to what it ended up being was a disappointment for some.

So essentially they bring in a metal grandstand at the start of the year. For anyone that has been up there, the one they used in the first year in 2015 was much better than the one from last season. It was at ground level making the first few rows useless.
    My soccer team used to train on that field and it was honestly one of the best fields I played on but it is in the wrong location. It should be on the grass fields infront of the osa. The walk from the dressing room to field is too far, when you hit a ball over the fence it always goes onto another field, and you can't build anything on the other side because of the hill and massive ravine behind the hill. Other than that it's a beautiful turf field that feels like grass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    From what I gather a few TFC2 games will be played at BMO as part of double headers with the first team.
    Looks like two games are at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/01...dule-announced

First game of the year for TFC II on March 25th, home opener on April 7th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouderwien View Post
    Looks like two games are at BMO
    Which two?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Which two?
    The games will happen after the first team games. Saturday, May 13th and Saturday, September 9th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that mean TFC SSHs will be able to watch TFC2 on those double headers without charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Does that mean TFC SSHs will be able to watch TFC2 on those double headers without charge?
    I was wondering the same thing. It would be a nice gesture from F.O.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. It would be a nice gesture from F.O.
    As far as I recall from the last time TFC2 had doubleheaders @ BMO, basically anyone who wanted to stay could. They just move you to the East or West stand.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U-20 squad for CONCACAF U-20 Championship announced. TFC representation includes Fraser, Uccello, Hundal, Campbell and Daniels (Vancouver has 2 players and Montreal 1). Malik Johnson and Richie Ennin miss out.

Group play begins February 17th vs. Honduras, then Mexico and Antigua & Barbuda. Top 4 teams in the tournament qualify for the U-20 World Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Released Quilly (22)....but signed Angelo (24).

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/02...elo-cavalluzzo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Released Quilly (22)....but signed Angelo (24).

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/02...elo-cavalluzzo
    Yeah weird signing. Seems to indicate that Q had a falling out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavalluzzo is just there to back up Di Bennardo. Quillan I'm sure left because he had no chance of breaking into the first team anymore with us re-signing Irwin and Bono being the clear #2. Better for him to find a more promising situation elsewhere.
    Last edited by notthesun; 02-10-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Yeah weird signing. Seems to indicate that Q had a falling out.
    I think they just didn't rate him as good enough in the end. He had two extended periods as first-choice keeper and both times started choking under pressure; when he was fighting as the number two he was great, when he had the number one job he wasn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would love to see TFC2 travel around GTA for a few games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Well, they will be coming to see us in Ottawa...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which leads to an interesting question - is it possible to be TFC and still support an affiliate of the Impact? I don't think the answer is all that simple if people came to the team as the local option and then suddenly found themselves foisted upon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Which leads to an interesting question - is it possible to be TFC and still support an affiliate of the Impact? I don't think the answer is all that simple if people came to the team as the local option and then suddenly found themselves foisted upon.
    That is an excellent question! I had a very serious heart to heart with the Fury front office staff about this "affiliation". If the FO is to be believed, the affiliation is only meant to mean that the Fury have the first option to take on Impact players on loan. No players will be foisted onto the Fury unless the manager, Paul Dalglish, wants him. And no Impact badges will be on the Fury shirts either. I suppose the CSA had to have bought in as well seeing how they are letting Ottawa play in the Voyageurs Cup this season. I will give the team the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Same here. I had a long chat with my ticket rep before renewing my Fury Seasons. He said much the same thing as they said to JamboAl. Honestly, most of the main players are in place already. I think most of the players they would get from the Impact would be used for depth kind of like what Wilmington did with TFC's hand-me-downs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

I find the whole destruction of Impact II kind of sad in a way - they didn't give those kids much notice or hope. That's not good for Canadian soccer.

Seems in keeping with Montreal's unwillingness to play anybody but veterans. As much as people admire Biello, that unwillingness to blood and get kids time in the first team is going to kill the Impact this season or the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if the CPL starts up in 2018, that will be when Canadian Talent will get a chance to play. I imagine they will set it up a lot like MLS 2.0 - a $1.2-1.5 million salary cap covered by the league, 8 International slots (which would include Americans) and a DP type player whose salary will only partially count against the cap. Montreal will probably link-up with a team in Quebec City if they join.