Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.espnfc.com/club/toronto-f...elopment-issue

TFC giving money for youth clubs for players.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In pay for play system,youth clubs have no right for compensation,they are not investing any money in players development,youth clubs are providing service that parents paying for it ,therefore compensation should go back to parents not youth clubs.

In Europe or better to say the rest of the world,clubs are the ones investing money,academies are invitational only and that's why they do get compensation.

Still ,this is nice move from TFC to give some money to youth clubs in Ontario,it should help down the road youth development all together.
    Last edited by denime; 08-17-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you want to get rid of pay to play - shouldnt the clubs start getting paid training compensation so they can begin the transition?

And the money TFC paid to clubs came with caveat that it be used to fund scholarships

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    In Europe or better to say the rest of the world,clubs are the ones investing money,academies are invitational only and that's why they do get compensation.
    So there is no outlay from parents of players in the academies in the rest of the world? I didn't know this - I just figured it was the same model.

The club could use the money to lower the fees that parents pay, or even to develop their coaches further - more bang for the buck.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Well if you want to get rid of pay to play - shouldnt the clubs start getting paid training compensation so they can begin the transition?

And the money TFC paid to clubs came with caveat that it be used to fund scholarships
    "Getting paid training compensation by who?" Sponsors? Tickets sales from their senior team?(most of them don't have one)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    So there is no outlay from parents of players in the academies in the rest of the world? I didn't know this - I just figured it was the same model.

The club could use the money to lower the fees that parents pay, or even to develop their coaches further - more bang for the buck.
    My oldest kid was in an academy in France when we lived there. We had to pay for the kit (strangely enough) and for his boots, everything else was 100% free. All the coaches were professional.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Getting paid training compensation by who?" Sponsors? Tickets sales from their senior team?(most of them don't have one)
    Pro clubs that sign players that have played with their club. Did you read the article Yohan posted? The below was in it.
    To recap, RSTP stipulates that when a soccer player signs his first professional contract, the pro club is obligated to pay training and development costs to every club that developed that player between the ages of 12 and 21. Training compensation is also due when the player moves to a club in a different country prior to his 23rd birthday.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro clubs that sign players that have played with their club. Did you read the article Yohan posted? The below was in it.
    Oh I read it, but that only counts for clubs around the world,clubs that invest their own money into development,not pay for play clubs.

and on top of that you have to take into account this:
    "The CSA has its own antitrust concerns as well. It has been argued that training compensation and solidarity payments could result in a restraint of trade that could prevent a player from signing a contract. Section 48 of Canada's Competition Act reads in part, "to limit unreasonably the opportunity for any other person to negotiate with and, if agreement is reached, to play for the team or club of his choice in a professional league ... is guilty of an indictable offence."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I read it, but that only counts for clubs around the world,clubs that invest their own money into development,not pay for play clubs.

and on top of that you have to take into account this:
    So you want to keep the status quo then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Lamport is having new turf put in for next year so when the stadium is exactly ready for the Wolfpack and TFC2 has not yet been determined.
    Do we know this is turf, and not grass? If both the Wolfpack and TFCII are going to play there, I can see them making the switch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Do we know this is turf, and not grass? If both the Wolfpack and TFCII are going to play there, I can see them making the switch.
    I don't see that happening. Lamport Stadium is a city-owned facility. Year-round public access is required, so grass would not be practical. MLSE had to move the winter bubble there as part of the agreement to replace the Field Turf with grass at BMO Field in 2010.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2010/0...final-approval
    Last edited by Heepster; 08-17-2017 at 01:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Grass is 100% ideal for both teams but Lamport is a city facility first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Grass is 100% ideal for both teams but Lamport is a city facility first.
    I think MLSE operate Lamport, right?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you want to keep the status quo then?
    There is no status quo, it's clear that NA system doesn't comply to that particular FIFA rule,because or labor law in USA and Canada.

I do like TFC initiative,but realistically $2500 can't cover fee for 1 player for 1/2 season.

What I'm saying is,if clubs want development money,they should stop charging parents soccer fees,otherwise that money belongs to parents,not clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no status quo, it's clear that NA system doesn't comply to that particular FIFA rule,because or labor law in USA and Canada.

I do like TFC initiative,but realistically $2500 can't cover fee for 1 player for 1/2 season.

What I'm saying is,if clubs want development money,they should stop charging parents soccer fees,otherwise that money belongs to parents,not clubs.
    The bolded was the sentiment of my original post.

Point is if - pay to play is a barrier to entry for lots of kids. Kids that could potentially have great talent. Get rid of it of it and have youth clubs that produce pros compensated via the existing mechanisms within the global football industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    My oldest kid was in an academy in France when we lived there. We had to pay for the kit (strangely enough) and for his boots, everything else was 100% free. All the coaches were professional.
    Funny you mention this. My brother played briefly in France as well at the youth level.

Same experience. Sport is some form of social enterprise. Not only did he get the kit, there was also training gear, bags, a lot of other things thrown in entirely for free. And this was all high quality nike / adidas stuff.

This was the 8th division (there were 20 in total in the city). Training was 4 days a week. The teams further up the ladder in divisions 1-5 were more typically trained / played 6 days a week.

I can understand why those clubs would like something back should they produce a pro player.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bolded was the sentiment of my original post.

Point is if - pay to play is a barrier to entry for lots of kids. Kids that could potentially have great talent. Get rid of it of it and have youth clubs that produce pros compensated via the existing mechanisms within the global football industry.
    agree, pay to play is closing doors to many young talented players
    problem is ,the global football industry doesn't exist in NA, no promotion relegation, youth clubs don't have senior teams playing in pro/semi-pro leagues,government doesn't subsidize community clubs at all,sponsors are not interested in sub product,so only ones who will put their money into this are players parents.

Not the mention Labor laws in USA and Canada.

Unfortunately pay for play is here to stay for many years to come.

What TFC is doing is good gesture, it will motivate clubs to send more kids for TFCA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    It's the city's. MLSE operates it during the winter for the city. Not sure on the particulars of the relationship but its been discussed somewhere on the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    No, the city do. If you were to start your own football club, you could go on the city of Toronto website today and book Lamport for your matches. There is nothing TFC could do to stop another club using it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    USL demands at least a 5K stadium.

In the long term, the opportunity of a World Cup stadium built in Downsview seemed to die today with the release of the stadiums being considered for the WCup; CONCACAF going for in place infrastructure mostly.

But, you never know what a host nation(s) will do once they get accepted.
    Does the Ontario Soccer Centre have a 5000 seat capacity? Looks rather small to me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Does the Ontario Soccer Centre have a 5000 seat capacity? Looks rather small to me.
    Nowhere even close, it seats about 1,200 give or take. They use temporary stands that are brought in at the start of each season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were plans to expand it in the original plans to 2500, then 3500, but I think those fell through with the poor attendance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton scored again.

Obviously it's tough, but he deserves some more first team minutes. Maybe we can give guys a bit of a break towards the end of the season if we look clear to cruise to 1st place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice road comeback victory for TFC II against Charlotte, who were tied 1st in the East going in. Down 2-0, Charlotte got a red card early in the 2nd half (for spitting I believe), and TFC II scored 3, from Morgan, Spencer and a great winner from Hamilton (again!).

Last edited by notthesun; 08-26-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton is dominating!! At same time it seems the competence of management at the top is bleeding down to the reserve squad. The first team was fixed now the reserves are looking great.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great come back but this team is not good

http://www.uslsoccer.com/usl-standings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ they had a man sent off around the halfway point. After that, things looked to swing in toronto's advantage.

At least Hamilton is consistently scoring... that's something I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He needs to be playing at a higher level imho. Only 21 but time goes by fast. Suddenly you are Aston Morgan and 26 and yea...

He is prob not going to get much of a look this year with the first team. Hopefully in January he can find a loan club above a USL level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hundal's 2nd of the year in stoppage time earns TFC II at 1-1 draw vs. St Louis.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That cutback by Endoh was awesome. You could feel another goal was coming - just not sure for who.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)