Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Cup split scarves

Obviously lots of mixed feelings on these for multiple reasons, but in case anyone is looking (I know they sold out quickly), the manufacturer put some up today:

http://www.ruffneckscarves.com/colle...-mls-cup-scarf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sloangraham View Post
    Obviously lots of mixed feelings on these for multiple reasons, but in case anyone is looking (I know they sold out quickly), the manufacturer put some up today:

"Hey, remember that time you were so sad you spent 40 minute sitting in the shower staring at the tiles crying? Well know you can have a keepsake that reminds you of that forever!"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing those sold on the day just made an already strange night (all of us outside of the south in different seats etc) feel even more weird.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is weird. This should be reserved for unlikely friendlies or out of league meetings. Just an MLS cup whatever scarf would be preferred than the 2 teams on it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These were sold out very quickly, before kickoff even. I bought one and somehow did not come home with it. They have been going on EBay for over $100 US so quite happy to replace it directly through Ruffneck. Regardless of how the shootout ended I am dam proud of our Reds and there ride us supoorters went on, we will always have the Montreal series.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    This is weird. This should be reserved for unlikely friendlies or out of league meetings. Just an MLS cup whatever scarf would be preferred than the 2 teams on it.
    Who ever will forget the weird mispelled "Toronoto" scarves Adidas produced for the Read Madrid friendly that were pulled before game time. It had been on sale at the open training and in stores. I also have the spilt/match scarves for the Tottenham and Man City friendlies.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Who ever will forget the weird mispelled "Toronoto" scarves Adidas produced for the Read Madrid friendly that were pulled before game time. It had been on sale at the open training and in stores. I also have the spilt/match scarves for the Tottenham and Man City friendlies.
    Sadly (?!), I still have one of these misspelled scarves from that RM friendly --- I have collected so many TFC related scarves over the years that I figured I may as well keep that one too (don't know when I would ever wear such a thing though!) --- and even more sadly I have the split one from the MLS CUP final as well -- if I get too depressed looking at it in the future, I'm sure someone from Seattle will buy it from me at a premium....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Sadly (?!), I still have one of these misspelled scarves from that RM friendly --- I have collected so many TFC related scarves over the years that I figured I may as well keep that one too (don't know when I would ever wear such a thing though!) --- and even more sadly I have the split one from the MLS CUP final as well -- if I get too depressed looking at it in the future, I'm sure someone from Seattle will buy it from me at a premium....
    Beginning with the annual Members, Player of the Year, Voyageur Cup and the various other RPB scarves over the years thrown in with the season ticket holder ones plus whatever else I have got I easily have 50 plus TFC scarves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd buy one to wear to the Seattle game in May... except 35$ US = $50 Canadian for a $5 scarf....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why buy a scarf to remember a loss?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    why buy a scarf to remember a loss?
    It was the Reds first trip to the final, still was a season I will never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It was the Reds first trip to the final, still was a season I will never forget.

Agreed!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it came with coping strategies for random Frei save flashbacks, I'd definitely get one
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad I was able to grab one. I'm happy that we made it the Cup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in for 1,
    if anyone is interested , i may have a coupon code that could still work
    not sure about the rules on the forums about this kind of stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought one on the day at the pre-game since i collect scarves. I now wish i never did. i still havent fully recovered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never wear another teams colours. I never like this idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoutout to FootBallAZ, his code worked Thanks a lot!

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least you guys had a scarf to buy if you wanted to.
    When the Ottawa Fury made it to the 2015 NASL Championship game there was nothing like this on offer.
    Many of us wanted one (and yes we lost ... but it was history in the making right?) and there were none to be seen.
    True there was only one week between deciding who would be in the game and where it would be to the actual match taking place but the league didn't even try