Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any one have that PDF file of our schedule? Been trying to find it to use as wallpaper on work and home computers but can't find it. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Was it the Saturday nights the caused you to bail on games?
    yup....not really ideal to have to burn multiple Saturday nights in the summer if you have a family....some can do it, but I think most can't....

but really liking the look of these Friday games this year.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not loving 5 Friday night games this year. Trying to get in to/out of the City from/to the west end on a Friday night in the summer is brutal. Plus there's my early tee off golf times on Saturday mornings - don't think my golf game will be improving this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    Not loving 5 Friday night games this year. Trying to get in to/out of the City from/to the west end on a Friday night in the summer is brutal.
    The travel to and from Saturday games was going to be easier on me this year, as the GO Barrie line has introduced weekend train service. I just hope that they consider "event" service for weeknights for post-game, otherwise I'll have to use the bus.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like the Friday night games especially since my son is playing his soccer games on Saturdays starting this year so that worked out well. I was a little shocked to see them but I was happy. I realize it doesn't work for everyone.....but then again no schedule will ever work for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    The travel to and from Saturday games was going to be easier on me this year, as the GO Barrie line has introduced weekend train service. I just hope that they consider "event" service for weeknights for post-game, otherwise I'll have to use the bus.
    The latest train on the Barrie line leaves union at 11. When does the average TFC game finish? If it's an afternoon game it's perfect because I can take my time walking back. I usally walk from union if I take the train or park there it's not that far of a walk It always takes me 20 mins to walk there. It's better to walk than pay $8 to transfer trains to get to another station.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what fare for transfer you're talking about.

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...alculator.aspx

I get the same fare from Exhibition to Maple that I get for Union to Maple. I think that's true whether the Union-Maple leg is bus or train.

Now, Exhibition-Union is $5.30 on its own, but as part of a longer ride passing through Union, it doesn't seem to be long enough to affect the total fare whether you get on at Exhibition or at Union.

The eastbound trains leave the Ex every half hour on the hour. So a 7:30 start would get you on the 10:00 train and into Union around 10:07.

An 8:00 kickoff would get you on the 10:30 LSW eastbound train, getting to Union at 10:37, aiming for the 10:50 northbound Barrie train.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finishing your trip at either Union or the Ex does not change the price of the overall trip as its the same zone. It's Zone 2 which consists of the following stations:

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also live in Maple....I usually drive to Wilson then take the subway down. How long does the Go Train from Maple take to get you down to Union?

Thanks

I'm not sure what fare for transfer you're talking about.

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...alculator.aspx

I get the same fare from Exhibition to Maple that I get for Union to Maple. I think that's true whether the Union-Maple leg is bus or train.

Now, Exhibition-Union is $5.30 on its own, but as part of a longer ride passing through Union, it doesn't seem to be long enough to affect the total fare whether you get on at Exhibition or at Union.

The eastbound trains leave the Ex every half hour on the hour. So a 7:30 start would get you on the 10:00 train and into Union around 10:07.

An 8:00 kickoff would get you on the 10:30 LSW eastbound train, getting to Union at 10:37, aiming for the 10:50 northbound Barrie train.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G55 View Post
    I also live in Maple....I usually drive to Wilson then take the subway down. How long does the Go Train from Maple take to get you down to Union?

Thanks
    The average ride from Maple to Union is 25-35 mins but keep in mind that GO Trains are always delayed. Subway from Wilson to Union is around 45- 60 mins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, the Maple train is very consistent (weekdays) - the only place a delay may occur on weekends is when they cross the CP line at Davenport, as CP's freight schedulers on the weekend may not be as familiar as they are on the weekdays.

The train from Maple takes 32 minutes, maybe 35 if they have to wait for a platform to open up at Union. You then have to wait for the LSW to go to Exhibition, but that leg only takes 5 min on train once it's rolling. (Every half hour, on the :13 or :43)

Schedule for transfers to get *to* the Ex is not very coordinated; there are a couple of trains that arrive 3 minutes before the LSW departs. That would make me nervous...

I will say this, though - if you are cost indifferent, it was faster to take LSW to the Ex even with a 25 minute wait, than it was if you walked straight onto the QQ streetcar, with less walking than taking the Fort York bus (which is about the same time as the 25+5).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sincerely hope we have more 8pm starts if we're playing so many Friday and Wednesday games. Give people who work or who have families a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8pm would be nice, it is difficult to make it on time for kickoff from London on weeknight games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    I sincerely hope we have more 8pm starts if we're playing so many Friday and Wednesday games. Give people who work or who have families a chance.
    I just want 8pm games to see the roof and exterior light up. Just a beautiful scene!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never taken the Go Train before so excuse my ignorance, does the train run before and after night time games? From the way I read the Go Train schedule it appears to me that it doesn't, but I can't really decipher it. It's way to confusing for me. I go to a lot of TFC, Jays and Raptors games and the train would be ideal.

Thanks again

Nah, the Maple train is very consistent (weekdays) - the only place a delay may occur on weekends is when they cross the CP line at Davenport, as CP's freight schedulers on the weekend may not be as familiar as they are on the weekdays.

The train from Maple takes 32 minutes, maybe 35 if they have to wait for a platform to open up at Union. You then have to wait for the LSW to go to Exhibition, but that leg only takes 5 min on train once it's rolling. (Every half hour, on the :13 or :43)

Schedule for transfers to get *to* the Ex is not very coordinated; there are a couple of trains that arrive 3 minutes before the LSW departs. That would make me nervous...

I will say this, though - if you are cost indifferent, it was faster to take LSW to the Ex even with a 25 minute wait, than it was if you walked straight onto the QQ streetcar, with less walking than taking the Fort York bus (which is about the same time as the 25+5).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From bmo (exhibition go) the last train usually runs around midnight. They run before and after games, just go to the go website and input your stations.Im thinking about getting a presto card for this season, I'm just wondering if its worth getting one or just using cash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    From bmo (exhibition go) the last train usually runs around midnight. They run before and after games, just go to the go website and input your stations.Im thinking about getting a presto card for this season, I'm just wondering if its worth getting one or just using cash
    I have a presto card and it's amazing. It saves so much more time than buying a ticket. All you need to do is tap your card when you get on and tap it when you get off. I also believe you can set it up so you just tap it once when you get on and don't need to tap it again when you get off. You can set it up on the app or website to add money on it.
    https://www.prestocard.ca/en/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st time season holder thanks to wanting to go to the finals.
    btw- bumped in to bebe from the raptors after the game,

im reading not many people are happy with 5 home games in the early parts of the season,
    and can i ask what is this ccl tickets about-

im in section 206 btw !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    1st time season holder thanks to wanting to go to the finals.
    btw- bumped in to bebe from the raptors after the game,

im reading not many people are happy with 5 home games in the early parts of the season,
    and can i ask what is this ccl tickets about-

im in section 206 btw !
    Its our confederations version of the uefa champions league. Unfortunately it looks like concacaf aren't going to be holding the tournament this year, because theyre trying to figure out how to re vamp it. We have or had the opportunity to buy tickets with the seasons package so i dont know what the F.O is going to do now. Perhaps a refund, or a friendly aganist a powerhpuse club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning hates friendlies. Likely going to get a refund applied to the membership fee (which is now monthly with an annual renewal).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G55 View Post
    I've never taken the Go Train before so excuse my ignorance, does the train run before and after night time games? From the way I read the Go Train schedule it appears to me that it doesn't, but I can't really decipher it. It's way to confusing for me. I go to a lot of TFC, Jays and Raptors games and the train would be ideal.

Thanks again
    As Brandion88 noted, the Lakeshore West train (which serves Exhibition) does run all day.

Trains going north do not run late at night on weeknights - it is currently just a commuter service, so downtown in the morning, northbound at the end of the work day.

The plan over the next few years is to establish all day, two way service on all lines, but that won't be this year - so if you're heading north, you'll have to take a bus from Union at the end of the day.

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regional...er_barrie.aspx

Saturdays and Sundays are a different story, as they've started the Barrie weekend trains, and the last one is late enough to get you home after the game (if you're heading to Aurora or south of there).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New CONCACAF schedule released. (Perhaps it warrants its own thread.)

http://www.concacaf.com/article/conc...-league-format

So only one Canadian team, and the competition that we & US MLS teams play in runs from Feb - May each year. Also new schedule starts 2017-2018, so does that mean we skip the CCL this year?

More questions than answers for me.

- Odd to be skipping the year. 2016 VC win basically leads to nothing. 2017 VC winner will go to the Feb 2108 CCL I assume.

- I don't know how Cdn or northern US teams are supposed to play in February (or even in early March). The attempt seems to be to get the tournament over quicker, so there's little room for delay due to extreme weather.

- There's going to be significant fixture congestion until May, when there are usually lots of MLS games. Also MLS teams will be rusty early in the season.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-23-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon this will pave the way for LIGA MX and MLS to have a cup competition that runs from June-Nov.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed that CCL won't take place until February.

Of note, the entries are to be reseeded based on past performance within CCL - i.e. Unlikely a Canadian team will face a Mexican/US one in the first round.

Ticket options for the CCL paid for coming according to a manger on twitter

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why did they scrap the group stage, if it works for UEFA why not CONCACAF?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically we are still playing in the 2017-2018 CONCACAF Champions League. However we (and other MLS/Liga MX, et al teams) no longer play in the first half (which is usually August-October). So technically, we now only play in the second half.

I guess a way of saying it is the first half is a qualification tournament for a select number of countries. The winner of that tournament then moves onto the main draw.

Also, I'm quite sure the 2017 Canadian champions would go onto the 2018-2019 CONCACAF Champions League.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    New CONCACAF schedule released. (Perhaps it warrants its own thread.)

http://www.concacaf.com/article/conc...-league-format

So only one Canadian team, and the competition that we & US MLS teams play in runs from Feb - May each year. Also new schedule starts 2017-2018, so does that mean we skip the CCL this year?

More questions than answers for me.

- Odd to be skipping the year. 2016 VC win basically leads to nothing. 2017 VC winner will go to the Feb 2108 CCL I assume.

- I don't know how Cdn or northern US teams are supposed to play in February (or even in early March). The attempt seems to be to get the tournament over quicker, so there's little room for delay due to extreme weather.

- There's going to be significant fixture congestion until May, when there are usually lots of MLS games. Also MLS teams will be rusty early in the season.
    Last edited by spe18; 01-23-2017 at 01:11 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got a trophy out of it, Eh?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a guess on my part, but maybe one theory is because group stage games were generally very poorly attended for the most part. Did you see all the empty seats in these games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many games, it's the same reason we went to 3 team groups instead of 4 and now the elimination of the groups stage, or you can look at it as a group stage of 2 teams.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the CSA was smart, they would play the Voyageurs this season indicating that if any other team then Toronto wins, they will play Toronto in a one off game to see who goes to the CCL in 2018. Home game at the 2017 winner.

The TV on that would be big.