Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From seeing everyone write so far I would have to agree Raheem Edwards is the most likely to get a contract with the senior team.
    Next best guess would be Skyler Thomas (as IIRC he is a CB) for depth (probably getting loaned back and forth to TFC2).

Otherwise, it doesn't look as though there is much use in the waiver or re-entry drafts.

Will Johnson or Benoit Cheyrou as the cover DM depth for when Bradley is away (feel like Cheyrou would be more open to a bench role).

My personal opinion off of the Free Agent list that is available would be the best for depth with us would be:
    Jeff Larenowitcz (as centre-back or DM)
    Nat Borchers

and just because I liked them when they played for us:
    Chad Barrett
    Alan Gordon
    ** Both would be the 4th option strikers behind Ricketts. Hamilton and Babouli sharing most of the time with TFC2 to get chemistry together ala Jozy and Seba
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    we won't lose Ricketts - Not worth brining him on as an expansion club (super-sub)

Beitashour, Will Johnson or Clit Irwin are the most likely candidates.
    You may want to check your spelling of Clint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L o l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    You may want to check your spelling of Clint.
    pretty sure irwin hates it when he gets called out by his full name.

heheheheee, thats the special spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    1) Delgado
    2) Agree, this is a hole, but one I expect them to fill relatively easily/cheaply
    3) Agree. We cannot go 3-5-2 all year, it'll wear the fullbacks out. I think this should be a summer signing though, let's try some kids as wingers in the first half. Could Hamilton play the wing?
    Not sure if Hamilton has the pace to be as effective on the wing. To be honest, the one area we are sorely lacking is natural wingers, which is why Vanney was somewhat limited in his tactical approach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than backfilling some backup spots (from academy & drafts) I agree with Jozy RE a "creative player." Even if it's a veteran to provide some minutes and leadership. Maybe Osorio, Cooper and/or Chapman can play that role with time. So far it doesn't look too great I think.

I started looking at the stats but ran out of time. I think if you compare our player stats with those from other successful MLS teams, we got a relatively low number of goals and assists from our midfielder. I think we need more threat options from the midfield, especially when Jozy or Giovinco are marked tightly, or not on the pitch for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a segment on the fan590 at 1030 this morning, and it had mentioned Bradley may not be back next season. Did anyone manage to catch what was said? Molinaro was coming up after some commercials to explain, but I wasn't able listen to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Mannella is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    There was a segment on the fan590 at 1030 this morning, and it had mentioned Bradley may not be back next season. Did anyone manage to catch what was said? Molinaro was coming up after some commercials to explain, but I wasn't able listen to it.
    Bradley is not going any where.. Well according to him.

michaelbr4dleyToronto,
    I'm sorry. Sorry we couldn't give you the perfect ending. The ending that every single one of you deserved. Sports can be cruel. Not for the faint of heart. And Saturday night was the perfect example. We left our hearts and souls on the field. For each other. For you. For the city. And just like that it was over. Dreams shattered. Tears shed. But its not finished. It doesn't end like this. I landed in Toronto on a cold night almost three years ago. Ready to give you everything. And believe me when I say I have. And then some. I've made mistakes. Plenty of them. But always with one thing in mind. To give you the team you deserve and nights you'd never forget. If there's one thing I've learned along the way it's that it wouldn't be Toronto if it came too easy. The pain and heartbreak of the last two days have made one thing very clear. I've never been more proud to call TFC my club and Toronto my home. Together our time will come. #AllForOne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Montreal second leg game really cemented Toronto as a place these guys want to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Bradley is not going any where.. Well according to him.

michaelbr4dleyToronto,
    I'm sorry. Sorry we couldn't give you the perfect ending. The ending that every single one of you deserved. Sports can be cruel. Not for the faint of heart. And Saturday night was the perfect example. We left our hearts and souls on the field. For each other. For you. For the city. And just like that it was over. Dreams shattered. Tears shed. But its not finished. It doesn't end like this. I landed in Toronto on a cold night almost three years ago. Ready to give you everything. And believe me when I say I have. And then some. I've made mistakes. Plenty of them. But always with one thing in mind. To give you the team you deserve and nights you'd never forget. If there's one thing I've learned along the way it's that it wouldn't be Toronto if it came too easy. The pain and heartbreak of the last two days have made one thing very clear. I've never been more proud to call TFC my club and Toronto my home. Together our time will come. #AllForOne

Yeah I read that as well, but that was Sunday or Monday I believe...this was today, and seemed like it was maybe something new. Really hope you're right!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley is not going anywhere at this point unless a once in a lifetime opportunity popped up out of nowhere. With a young family including a daughter who was born here he is just not going to go anywhere. At the wage he is earning the lifestyle he can enjoy in our world class city and all that it offers it would really take something for him to leave.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have seen Bradley going if we'd won the cup. I don't see him walking away though after coming that close. Seems like the kind of guy that would stick around next season to see it through. And his post certainly makes it seem like he is staying.

Of course, that assumes no big teams come in for him (which is unlikely)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we find a new Amado Guevara type player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I hope we find a new Amado Guevara type player.

that is the exact type of attacking player i'd love to see us get....and a winger - a Ronnie O'Brien type of player that can place the ball in the box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Michael Bradley is not going anywhere at this point unless a once in a lifetime opportunity popped up out of nowhere. With a young family including a daughter who was born here he is just not going to go anywhere. At the wage he is earning the lifestyle he can enjoy in our world class city and all that it offers it would really take something for him to leave.

a few months ago I was more inclined to say he would leave in the off season. Not I'm not so sure anymore, his recent statement sounded very positive about staying here in Toronto. I've been around long enough to take what footballers say with a huge degree of skepticism, but he was pretty optimistic about the future of the club. You never know what is around the corner, he left a world class city in Rome with a 2 yr son to come here. I haven't always been his biggest fan, but I thought he was immense in play offs. A real leader, I hope he does stay. The club has the foundation to really kick on, a couple of additions are still needed, but I'm a lot more hopeful that Bradley will stay than i was a few months back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/1...6-waiver-draft

Waiver Draft List out.. no TFC players appear. I thought we had a bunch here, but I guess they'll be a part of the re-entry draft instead.. mls is confusing.

Of note, Welshman is on the list. Always liked him, I wonder if he can be picked and sent to TFC 2?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all these MLS drafts happening I am ready:

Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/1...6-waiver-draft

Waiver Draft List out.. no TFC players appear. I thought we had a bunch here, but I guess they'll be a part of the re-entry draft instead.. mls is confusing.

Of note, Welshman is on the list. Always liked him, I wonder if he can be picked and sent to TFC 2?
    Waiver draft is for players that don't qualify for the re-entry draft (you need certain combinations of age + years in the league to qualify). Basically the waiver draft is mostly for young and new players.

Rodrigo Ramos is available, RB that played 20 games with Chicago and earned 84k. He'd be a decent backup, but would take up an international slot. I had thought his loan from Brazil would be over and that he'd be heading back but I guess not... Anyways, I'm pretty sure we're going to pass on our selection, I doubt there's anyone we're seriously considering here and I doubt even more that they would still be available with our 4th-last pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the deal with Jordan Smith?
    I remember hearing his name as a potential replacement for Whitecaps losing Beitashour to us last season.
    I guess he just flamed out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I remember hearing his name as a potential replacement for Whitecaps losing Beitashour to us last season.
    Pretty much. They also let Fraser Aird go after his loan and they just traded for Sheanon Williams from Houston. They've acquired 3 players now in trying to replace Beitashour, it was a terrible move on their part to get rid of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Back Jordan McCrary is available after one year with NE. He was highly touted during last year's superdraft behind Keegan Rosenberry and he was taken 10th overall.

Could be someone we could take a flyer on as backup for Beitashour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Started strong but really went downhill.

This is my cautionary tale for people who want to replace beitashour.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Right Back Jordan McCrary is available after one year with NE. He was highly touted during last year's superdraft behind Keegan Rosenberry and he was taken 10th overall.

Could be someone we could take a flyer on as backup for Beitashour.
    Young, inexpensive, and seems like needing to be moulded to the rigours of the professional game.

Seems like a perfect fit to be in the mix for the bench along with Morgan (when he likely re-signs with us).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted about Akinola in the TFC II thread recently. Our best attacking prospect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No picks made.

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

I posted about Akinola in the TFC II thread recently. Our best attacking prospect.
    He is a great prospect. I just hope someone can convince him to switch allegiances to Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really hope we can Sign Akinola before he goes to Europe. One of the 5-10 best prospects on the continent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can he just walk or does tfc own his rights?
    Last edited by reggie; 12-15-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    can he just walk or does tfc own his rights?
    He's just in the academy, so he can sign wherever he wants (assuming there are no restrictions against signing a player his age elsewhere).
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-15-2016 at 04:07 PM.