Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^jloome, you know I love you, but give me a break. Posts on this topic are running 97-3 on how it's impossible that Giovinco would even consider this, and how this is just all about his agent freelancing.

The agent, more likely than not, has run this by his client. That is the probabilty. The idea that major agents are cowboys that would hurt their clients unilaterally can be a useful fiction, and seems to be a staple of the British tabloids, but let's be serious.

That does not mean Seba is going. Nor does it mean that Seba is trying to renegotiate his deal.
    Sure he's run it by his client. I totally agree with you on that. He already said Seba doesn't want to go at this point, so he must have talked to him!

I imagine the conversation going something like this:

Agent: Do you want to move to Beijing? You can get more money.

Seba: Beijing? Nah. Maybe Barcelona, but only if I can be a starter.

Agent: I'm afraid their starting XI is stacked. Want me to try to get you more money from MLSE? They have money.

Seba: Sure. Why not?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-23-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Alseth is listed as Midfielder/Defender on TFC's website, is he a natural RB?
    According to an article from Norway that I ran through google translate it describes him as "plays right-back and wing back"

He wore #2 for Syracuse which is a traditional RB number too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if he would count has a intl?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listed at 6ft, that's tall for a right back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Listed at 6ft, that's tall for a right back.
    Agreed but that's the same height as Bloom.

Mind you height doesn't always help at RB - http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ls/video/36422

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Mind you height doesn't always help at RB - http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ls/video/36422

don't actually remember that goal, thanks for posting. Yeah full back got skinned, although keeper was at fault also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I was so mad at Vanney for playing poor Hagglund there against a guy he could not physically match up against. But he seems to have learned from that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of transition during the first part of the 2015 season. Took a while for Vanney and team to find their footing defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli "potentially" expendable in favour of Spencer according to the article. Understand it's a tough business but would be disappointed if that's the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Babouli "potentially" expendable in favour of Spencer according to the article. Understand it's a tough business but would be disappointed if that's the case.
    Especially as Spencer hasn't proved himself what so ever and Babouli when given the chance has shown promise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babouli is on a HG contract which doesn't affect cap, and they have 2 extra HG spots this year. I seriously doubt he get's waived. He's way down the depth chart though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Especially as Spencer hasn't proved himself what so ever and Babouli when given the chance has shown promise
    we really dont know what kind of camp spencer has had,6 ft 5 strikers with good feet according to vanney dont grow on trees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hamilton has earned the spot as our 4th striker behind Giovinco, Jozy and Ricketts. Mo didn’t take advantage of his opportunities last year.
    Mo, at 24, isn’t exactly a prospect at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    According to an article from Norway that I ran through google translate it describes him as "plays right-back and wing back"

He wore #2 for Syracuse which is a traditional RB number too...
    This is kind of an interesting article about Alseth.

http://dailyorange.com/2016/11/sough...e-playoff-run/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Ossington Mental Youth;1832397 Babouli when given the chance has shown promise[/QUOTE]

0 goals or assists in 16 appearences is hardly 'promise.'. He has certain attractive attributes, sure, he definitely tries shit that's unique for a Canadian forward. but at 24 he lacks any sort of end product that Altidore, Giovinco, Ricketts, Hamilton have demonstrated at the league level. Spencer also definitely has a higher upside.

if we're playing more 4-3-3 this year it might makes sense to keep him on as an inside forward. otherwise we have probably five guys in front of him in the depth chart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    0 goals or assists in 16 appearences is hardly 'promise.'. He has certain attractive attributes, sure, he definitely tries shit that's unique for a Canadian forward. but at 24 he lacks any sort of end product that Altidore, Giovinco, Ricketts, Hamilton have demonstrated at the league level. Spencer also definitely has a higher upside.

if we're playing more 4-3-3 this year it might makes sense to keep him on as an inside forward. otherwise we have probably five guys in front of him in the depth chart.
    I'd be more inclined to go by his minutes played than appearances. Not like he started 16 times and played a full 90

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is it that we are playing more a 4-3-3 this year? Can see us shift to one but not necessarily play in one all the time especially with last year having gone the way it did

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been pretty much a 3-5-2 all the time in Florida we've been told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll always root for Babouli but he seems like a great guy for the CPL to target.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Babouli is on a HG contract which doesn't affect cap, and they have 2 extra HG spots this year. I seriously doubt he get's waived. He's way down the depth chart though.
    He's not a HG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    This is kind of an interesting article about Alseth.

http://dailyorange.com/2016/11/sough...e-playoff-run/
    Nice find. I like his pedigree given he came up with Rosenborg. He should be technically sound.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can lay to rest fears of Giovinco leaving at the present:

It’s no laughing matter for TFC fans, but the Reds are having fun following news that a Chinese club is pursuing Sebastian Giovinco.

“Yeah, definitely,” Bradley responded after being asked if he has joked with the Atomic Ant about a Chinese move. “I have to give him a hard time.”
    Giovinco told the Toronto Sun on Thursday night he has no intention at the moment of moving to the Chinese Super League.
    “Does he laugh about it? Oh yeah,” Bradley added. “We’ve got to give him a hard time.”
    According to reports, Beijing Guoan was prepared to offer Giovinco $10.5-million US annually — which is roughly $3 million more than he receives at TFC.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/23...g-a-tfc-legend
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Youtube of the breakfast with Bez and Manning Interviews -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAR, interesting I honestly did not know that was in place for this upcoming mls season. Should be a useful tool in a league were the ref's are poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMO's Tweet:

"Manning called the entire Seba link to China as "rubbish" and "a fabrication"
    Last edited by Gazza_55; 02-24-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I'd be more inclined to go by his minutes played than appearances. Not like he started 16 times and played a full 90
    650 minutes. plenty of time to demonstrate as a forward that you can contribute a goal here or there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tough business, for sure. Can't really coddle guys at the first team level either.

I just wonder if there isn't an opportunity to do something with this guy. He had a nose for goal at both the CSL and USL level, guess MLS just became a step too far.

Wonder if dropping him back to a midfield role could work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tough business, for sure. Can't really coddle guys at the first team level either.

I just wonder if there isn't an opportunity to do something with this guy. He had a nose for goal at both the CSL and USL level, guess MLS just became a step too far.

Wonder if dropping him back to a midfield role could work.
    a bit of consistency would help too.

Endoh was given way more of a chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza_55 View Post
    JMO's Tweet:

"Manning called the entire Seba link to China as "rubbish" and "a fabrication"

Whether he is right or not, Manning has made a serious mistake here, which he quickly realized. Molinaro's next tweet:

Manning on Seba going to China: "At the end of the day, there was smoke but there was [no fire]." #TFC

The one after that:

Manning reaffirmed no formal offer came from any Chinese club. #TFC

Manning's first quote - he is calling Seba's agent a liar in public. We have argued here over the degree of separation in these cases between player and agent, I believe there is none, others think there is.....but either way, that first quote, that could be seen as Manning publicly calling Seba out as part of the "fabrication".

I wonder what, if anything, Seba's reaction to that will be.

Last edited by ensco; 02-24-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh started well and by all accounts looked excellent and ready in camp last season. He then fell off after some injury time (as did Baboulli IIRC). They have to work their way back into this squad, as it should be.

I've seen nothing to indicate that a player beyond the big 3 (and possibly Moor) doesn't have to work his way back in - cases for this point would be Johnson leaving when he thought he should not have been replaced by Cooper and Bono continuing to get games after Irwin came back.

Its not out of the realm of possibility that Spencer has had a good enough pre season to end up as the 5th striker (which doesn't mean much when you think about it) and that Baboulli will work his way back up there during the season.