Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The full protected list is: Jozy Altidore, Michael Bradley, Armando Cooper, Marky Delgado, Tsubasa Endoh, Sebastian Giovinco, Nick Hagglund, Drew Moor, Justin Morrow, Jonathan Osorio and Eriq Zavaleta.
    Those automatically protected are: Alex Bono, Jay Chapman, Jordan Hamilton, Chris Mannella, Ashtone Morgan and Quillan Roberts.
    Those exposed are: Steven Beitashour, Josh Williams, Mark Bloom, Will Johnson, Tosaint Ricketts, Clint Irwin, Daniel Lovitz, Benoit Cheyrou, Clement Simonin and Mo Babouli.

Found here:
    http://www.wakingthered.com/2016/12/...xpansion-draft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have quality starters and very good depth players exposed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    We have quality starters and very good depth players exposed.
    Beitashour is the one real calculated risk here the Reds have taken leaving him unprotected. Guess they must believe there is a pretty good chance he goes unselected due to being a larger ticket from a financial standpoint.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta figure when it comes to Ricketts that with Atlana already pretty much maxing out on their INTL Spots they won't bother with him (even if he is a fantastic off the bench option)... Leaving only Minny as possibly grabbing him..

As for Irwin, with Atlanta bringing Guzan in, again it's really only Minny again we need to worry about swooping in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to see Williams get picked, considering he makes almost as much as Zavaleta and Hagglund combined, but you have to assume Irwin at around 100k is a safe bet for Minnesota. Beitashour could be an option but at 230k, his value isn't nearly as high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marvell Wynne to replace Beita if he is taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowzers at Irwin. Are we that confident about Bono because of his play when Irwin went down injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Gotta figure when it comes to Ricketts that with Atlana already pretty much maxing out on their INTL Spots they won't bother with him (even if he is a fantastic off the bench option)... Leaving only Minny as possibly grabbing him..

As for Irwin, with Atlanta bringing Guzan in, again it's really only Minny again we need to worry about swooping in.
    If they want to keep Irwin, I guess that TFC can trade allocation money for Irwin (or for any player that is selected). That is what they did with Lovitz and NYCFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very interesting to me that Irwin's option was picked up and he was exposed.

I would not spend 5 seconds thinking about who we exposed in the context of what Atlanta and Minnesota "need". Most of what happens tomorrow will be about guys getting flipped by the expansion teams for allocation and/or pieces they actually do need. That is what we did with literally every player we took in 2007. (I think 9 of 10 were gone the same day, iirc)

It is going to be crazy tomorrow, one of the wildest days in MLS history.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-12-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's very interesting to me that Irwin's option was picked up and he was exposed.

I would not spend 5 seconds thinking about who we exposed in the context of what Atlanta and Minnesota "need". Most of what happens tomorrow will be about guys getting flipped by the expansion teams for allocation and/or pieces they actually do need. That is what we did with literally every player we took in 2007. (I think 9 of 10 were gone the same day, iirc)

Yes, only Paulo Nagamura was with the team when the season started and he was gone by the fifth game of the season in a trade with Chivas USA.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle had a story on mlssoccer.com the other day noting that we were the exception, not the rule, on volume flipping, and that the fewer pieces traded away from the expansion draft, the better teams have done.

I'll be surprised if Minnesota doesn't take Ricketts. Any time you have a player with Olympic speed who has demonstrated he can perform in the clutch, coaches are going to give him serious consideration.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Doyle had a story on mlssoccer.com the other day noting that we were the exception, not the rule, on volume flipping, and that the fewer pieces traded away from the expansion draft, the better teams have done.

I'll be surprised if Minnesota doesn't take Ricketts. Any time you have a player with Olympic speed who has demonstrated he can perform in the clutch, coaches are going to give him serious consideration.
    I just posted something in the other thread - I agree, Ricketts is the likelier pick.

But I think they'll auction him, he is older, his value is as a finishing piece for a decent team.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that they exposed Irwin makes me think they're going to use TAM on a world-class keeper (not a DP spot). Imagine using TAM to spend down a million-dollar keeper to $200K? He would have to be a wall when it came to penalty kicks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The fact that they exposed Irwin makes me think they're going to use TAM on a world-class keeper (not a DP spot). Imagine using TAM to spend down a million-dollar keeper to $200K? He would have to be a wall when it came to penalty kicks.
    Only an idiot would spend DP money on a keeper in this league. From everything we've seen this season I am led to believe we don't have incompetent fools running the ship anymore.
    Last edited by Richard; 12-12-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I hope we don't lose Ricketts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Irwin, Zac Macmath is almost certainly going to be available.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Regarding Irwin, Zac Macmath is almost certainly going to be available.
    Colorado announced they signed him to a deal today then protected him for the ED. Seems like he's happy to play #2 in Colorado.

n addition, goalkeeper Zac MacMath, defender Jared Watts, and midfielders Micheal Azira, Sam Cronin and Marlon Hairston have all re-signed with the club to long-term deals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Giovinco was pretty damn good in the playoffs, despite not being at his best last night. He set up three (or two?) goals against Montreal and destroyed NYC. He was all over the Philly game, too, scoring one and involved in the setup of the other two.

I don't know about letting Irwin go. He was solid this season and did a good job. I think between him and Moor, we have good leadership at the back and Zavaleta and Hagglund are really developing well. I agree we will have to replace Cheyrou and maybe Johnson and hope we can sign Cooper.
    agreed, True Bio had better games , I think we'll see a more mature Gif next year , trying to be more productive as a team member , realizing he can't do it all himself . No one can . I believe he wasn't afraid of the cold but it did shock him and he gave it his best shot . He can't be faulted if the team constantly try's to send high long balls his way . Never understood that . I don't think the team does the deciding on Irwin . He stays if not taken in the draft , although we don't have much $$$ this year , someone has to go . Maybe Beitashour , he's making approx $250,000 , and Hagland $63.000 . They'll have to give him a raise .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Colorado announced they signed him to a deal today then protected him for the ED. Seems like he's happy to play #2 in Colorado.
    Bet ya they said he's the #1 in 2018.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    agreed, True Bio had better games , I think we'll see a more mature Gif next year , trying to be more productive as a team member , realizing he can't do it all himself . No one can . I believe he wasn't afraid of the cold but it did shock him and he gave it his best shot . He can't be faulted if the team constantly try's to send high long balls his way . Never understood that . I don't think the team does the deciding on Irwin . He stays if not taken in the draft , although we don't have much $$$ this year , someone has to go . Maybe Beitashour , he's making approx $250,000 , and Hagland $63.000 . They'll have to give him a raise .
    I assume the auto-complete on your phone is having fun with Gio's name: Bio; Gif...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Why would we have less money next year to pay for the same squad? Presumably we were eating some of Gomez (240k) and Moore's (215k) salaries this season as they were waived after they already bought out Kantari. We also have Perquis (378k) and Josh Williams (125k) coming off the books. Should be plenty to keep current players at close to their current salaries and reinvest the rest in whatever improvements they see fit. And no, they don't have to give Hagglund a raise. They exercised his option, which was likely no more than the standard minimal salary increase.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just posted something in the other thread - I agree, Ricketts is the likelier pick.

But I think they'll auction him, he is older, his value is as a finishing piece for a decent team.
    Even though he would take up an international player spot?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Why would we have less money next year to pay for the same squad? Presumably we were eating some of Gomez (240k) and Moore's (215k) salaries this season as they were waived after they already bought out Kantari. We also have Perquis (378k) and Josh Williams (125k) coming off the books. Should be plenty to keep current players at close to their current salaries and reinvest the rest in whatever improvements they see fit. And no, they don't have to give Hagglund a raise. They exercised his option, which was likely no more than the standard minimal salary increase.
    Plus doesn't TFC have a bunch of TAM stashed, in addition to the league-wide TAM increase this year? And maybe some more allocation for making the next round of CCL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Oduro was left un-protected as well. Might go for him instead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Irwin is the one statistically speaking we are no worse of. We are in fact, just based off numbers, technically in a better spot. Irwin was in 19 games, saw 77 shots, made 54 saves with 23 goals allowed. That translates into 1.21 GA/Gm and a save % of .688%. Bono on the other hand, played in 16 games, saw 60 shots, made 44 saves and allowing 16 goals against. That works out to 1 GA/Gm and a save % of .700%. I will admit, Bono scared the shit out of me more than Irwin did in goal, and I think Irwin calls a better game from the back. If we just base it off numbers though, it is a coin flip. I think this MAY have played a factor as to why they left Irwin exposed. They may also be trying to distract from the fact Ricketts is available. It will be interesting to see how things shake down tomorrow afternoon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Oduro was left un-protected as well. Might go for him instead?
    After that series?

No way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Og he scored two goals against us.

What time is the draft?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Og he scored two goals against us.

What time is the draft?
    2 pm
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we won't lose Ricketts - Not worth brining him on as an expansion club (super-sub)

Beitashour, Will Johnson or Clint Irwin are the most likely candidates.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 12-14-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can always trade back for whom ever they take if we deem it necessary, we jus trade back the garber bucks and some unused orange balls