Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Marvell Wynne is not the mysterious right back we've been hearing about. Re-signed with San Jose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Well, Marvell Wynne is not the mysterious right back we've been hearing about. Re-signed with San Jose.
    Thank God.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Marvell blinded the shortcomings of his game to people with his blazing speed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Marvell blinded the shortcomings of his game to people with his blazing speed.
    whatever works

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    whatever works
    But blazing speed doesn't last forever and then look what you're left with. MLS 1.5 era level defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But blazing speed doesn't last forever and then look what you're left with. MLS 1.5 era level defender.
    he was fast enough that it should last until 32. but i agree sucks more MLS. just saying it worked enough to get him a job and get paid

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    he was fast enough that it should last until 32. but i agree sucks more MLS. just saying it worked enough to get him a job and get paid
    I went to San Jose's last home game of the season and they were playing Wynne at CB!
    Don't need speed to be a CB - but you do need skill...Not saying Wynne has skill, but they seem to be grooming him for a future with no speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I went to San Jose's last home game of the season and they were playing Wynne at CB!
    Don't need speed to be a CB - but you do need skill...Not saying Wynne has skill, but they seem to be grooming him for a future with no speed.
    He's played as a cb since at least 2010, when he was one half of a cb partnership that pushed Colorado to a championship. The other cb was drew moor.I haven't watched San Jose enough over the last couple of years to know how he's held up in that position, but it is what he's been playing for 6-7 years. he has a pedigree there.

Semantics now though. He's not coming.

I'm wondering if the Jonathan Spencer rumors that are heating up have anything to do with us. Good ball playing CB who can also play RB. If we're using some of our TAM on a cb i think he'd be a good pick.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 01-18-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somoene from The Howler is tweeting that Norwegian international and former MUFC academy player Magnus Eikrem's contract is winding down and multiple MLS teams are after him. If true, I guarantee you we're elbowing our way to the top of the of the pile to get his signature. He'd be ideal for what the club says they want at AM. He's very, very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Somoene from The Howler is tweeting that Norwegian international and former MUFC academy player Magnus Eikrem's contract is winding down and multiple MLS teams are after him. If true, I guarantee you we're elbowing our way to the top of the of the pile to get his signature. He'd be ideal for what the club says they want at AM. He's very, very good.
    Isn't he more box-to-box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in the traditional sense. I think He's a true 10 who can play a little deeper and do some necessary running every now and again. Probably not the best use of him though. He's probably the best pure attacking player working in Scandinavia right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Not in the traditional sense. I think He's a true 10 who can play a little deeper and do some necessary running every now and again. Probably not the best use of him though. He's probably the best pure attacking player working in Scandinavia right now.
    catch some fish and fire up the smoker. sign him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be the perfect signing but it won't be us. Transfer fee would have to be below a million and the salary would have to be 500,000-750,000 according to Kurt Larson. I think Magnus Eikrem would make more then our range and his transfer value is above 1 million.

Totera said he has some TFC player news 2 days ago but never released it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Toronto FC is going to sign Yordy Reyna from Red Bull Salzbur.

http://larepublica.pe/deportes/84113...r-alianza-lima

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I was just about to say, they should go get the Peruvian guy on loan from Salzburg.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a baffling signing. He's not the creative player we need in midfield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice player but I remain unconvinced about any report where they say somebody is going to partner with Seba. Altidore was the MVP the last 2 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like he can play winger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why are we looking for a number 10 when it's Seba's natural position or Cooper can play there? You can always start Ricketts instead of Osorio. Or just let Osorio continue to develop there (my preferred scenario).. Osorio showed a lot there down the stretch. Chapman should get minutes at AM too.

We are probably thinner at striker than at AM.
    I am bumping this from a few days ago because, to me, a signing like this makes sense. Forward/winger is a higher need than an AM.

We have Seba, 3 strikers (Altidore, Ricketts, Hamilton), 3 AMs (Osorio, Cooper, Chapman). 1 winger (Endoh - we need more - we will not play 3-5-2 all year).

We play two strikers, and only one AM. Striker/winger is the need up front.

Manning and Bez have been running a misdirection play, while they negotiate. Fergie was the all time master at this trick.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-19-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that would be a surprising move. Seba has always said he prefers forward. Seems like this guy is more of what we are already pretty good at...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=JdKj0YMZOpw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how we're going to play Seba, Altidore and Reyna on the same pitch. I don't expect Seba to suddenly become a defensively responsible no. 10/system player and Reyna looks like very direct second forward.

This has to be a depth signing with a reasonable cap hit or something is up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admit a striker is unexpected. But after last year, I fully trust Vanney to figure out a system that gets the best out of our players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching some of his clips it seems he does play a little deep sometimes,he is young,maybe they see him has a #10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-3-3? That seemed to be Vanney's #1 choice last preseason before shelving it for the 4-1-3-2. We saw a three-man attacking line at times when Vanney really wanted to press the issue. Seems Reyna can play anywhere along the front line. A third go-to system would make it that much more difficult for teams to prepare. I think TFC is in a position where it can afford to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem like a bit of an odd move. Wild speculation on my part would be he plays wing regularly but can drop inside to partner with Seba (on in place of Seba) in the event of injuries.

I'll reserve judgement until they release his salary and he plays.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    watching some of his clips it seems he does play a little deep sometimes,he is young,maybe they see him has a #10
    Couple people In the know and one of my dudes that speaks Spanish said he's known as an attacking mid, his stats sorta suggest it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless I trust Bez and Vanney to do their jobs well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reyna can play the 10. He's on an expiring contract with Salzburg. Could be a shrewd bit of business to pick him up regardless of fit.

I'm skeptical but the news about Cooper came from Panama...lets see how this goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i fear Hamilton needs the cpl to start as soon as possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Reyna can play the 10. He's on an expiring contract with Salzburg. Could be a shrewd bit of business to pick him up regardless of fit.

I'm skeptical but the news about Cooper came from Panama...lets see how this goes.
    Do you know that? Or are you just saying that because his nickname is "Magic"?