Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Did you see Diskerud last season? He was crap when he played - bad touch, didn't track back, not disciplined enough. No thanks.
    I did. You're right, he was not particularly good. But bad environments and lack of motivation can make good players look absolutely terrible. Lack at the difference Chelsea has had between last season and this with basically the same squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I did. You're right, he was not particularly good. But bad environments and lack of motivation can make good players look absolutely terrible. Lack at the difference Chelsea has had between last season and this with basically the same squad.
    Good point. I just don't see him really working hard to get better or overcome his obstacles. He's a project, and we don't need projects. I'm wondering if NYCFC might use their buy out on him. I could see him going to Minnesota, just for the Norwegian culture - that and Heath can't judge talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like WJ..but not at 400 k.should be able to get a nice #10 or winger with that and some tam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Good point. I just don't see him really working hard to get better or overcome his obstacles. He's a project, and we don't need projects. I'm wondering if NYCFC might use their buy out on him. I could see him going to Minnesota, just for the Norwegian culture - that and Heath can't judge talent.

And that's totally fair. An obviously talented midfielder who doesn't specialize in anything is the least of our needs.

If we're going to use TAM, I'd say put it on an athletic ball-playing defender to take Hagglund's spot. As great as he was in spurts over the playoffs, I could easily see teams targeting him next season. When Morrow gets high, Hagglund suddenly has to cover a ton of space by himself, something which he's not very adept at. Cult hero and a great 4th CB to have on the squad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Crazy idea but what about Marvell Wynne? Fills 2 positions, has all of Hagglund's athleticism plus the pace to cover for lack of pace of other defenders.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also might be worst player with the ball at his feet in the league. I loved Marvell when he was here, but I don't think he should be an option now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like a said in a earlier post we need that AM just to ease the pressure off Giovinco As far as Johnson goes I think Delgado can fill that role . Nothinh against Johnson bit at 400k and he is injury prone . Also We need depth at Right back to and Centre back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For people who keep clamouring for an AM - It's going to be Chapman. The kid has massive potential, and our best run of the season (middle of the summer) came when he played almost every game. Get him his minutes and within a couple years he'll be a DP caliber player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For people who keep clamouring for an AM - It's going to be Chapman. The kid has massive potential, and our best run of the season (middle of the summer) came when he played almost every game. Get him his minutes and within a couple years he'll be a DP caliber player.
    I am high on Chapman but let's slow down a bit here. He can pick a pass but has yet to show an eye for goal, and he needs to be a scoring threat if we're talking about a DP level impact player. That's often difficult to develop if you don't already "have it".

However I am totally fine with starting the season with our current roster plus a backup RB and a couple backup CBs. I think we should take a step back and see how the season goes then add in the summer window where we need to. If the cost of waiting until the summer is we drop a few points here and there, I can't say I mind. Every season is just more evidence that it's how you finish, not how you start, and the value of finishing with a top 2 spot in your conference with this playoff format is massively overstated.

If Giovinco and Altidore are carrying too much weight in the goal scoring department, we can add an attacking mid in the summer. Or sign a defender if need be. I think we're in a good place as it is and I'd like to see what our young players can do before we start looking for upgrades, but if we find that we do need upgrades, we have to go for it. Realistically we probably have the next 2 years to win the Cup before Giovinco leaves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    ^Crazy idea but what about Marvell Wynne? Fills 2 positions, has all of Hagglund's athleticism plus the pace to cover for lack of pace of other defenders.
    I am totally down with this idea. I posted it somewhere here the second the Bloom deal went down.

We have to do this!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to concur with the other guy who said he has cinder block feet. I don't think he is postionally that great either. Better than he was when he left but in no way ideal. Let's leave that one in the past.

I would look to find better attacking options out wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I am high on Chapman but let's slow down a bit here. He can pick a pass but has yet to show an eye for goal, and he needs to be a scoring threat if we're talking about a DP level impact player. That's often difficult to develop if you don't already "have it".

However I am totally fine with starting the season with our current roster plus a backup RB and a couple backup CBs. I think we should take a step back and see how the season goes then add in the summer window where we need to. If the cost of waiting until the summer is we drop a few points here and there, I can't say I mind. Every season is just more evidence that it's how you finish, not how you start, and the value of finishing with a top 2 spot in your conference with this playoff format is massively overstated.

If Giovinco and Altidore are carrying too much weight in the goal scoring department, we can add an attacking mid in the summer. Or sign a defender if need be. I think we're in a good place as it is and I'd like to see what our young players can do before we start looking for upgrades, but if we find that we do need upgrades, we have to go for it. Realistically we probably have the next 2 years to win the Cup before Giovinco leaves.
    I get the argument that he has drawbacks at the moment, which he and so do pretty much all players at his development stage do. But he shows off the ball smarts and vision that are borderline elite. If we sign somoene else in that position it puts him at 4th or 5th on the depth chart at CM, which is a waste of his talent and abilities. If we want to grow our own players, we have to give them PT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson will always be remembered for this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Like a said in a earlier post we need that AM just to ease the pressure off Giovinco As far as Johnson goes I think Delgado can fill that role . Nothinh against Johnson bit at 400k and he is injury prone . Also We need depth at Right back to and Centre back
    to be fair those injuries are not nagging ones, they are him putting his body on the line for the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont forget, before that warm streak he pulled up on a challenge that cost us a goal. He better be willing to go balls out if he wants to go next level.

I agree is is a good player and can be our AM, but I never wanna see that half assed effort again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd round of the re-entry draft goes today, any potential Bloom replacements in there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need an AM, you don't know how much longer GIO will be here...win while he is here, take advantage of having the best player in MLS. IMO i would not waste this opp. on a player liek Chapman...go out there and sign the best possible player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chapman is not a starter yet...i rank him in the Bekker range at this time with more potential in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i like WJ..but not at 400 k.should be able to get a nice #10 or winger with that and some tam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    chapman is not a starter yet...i rank him in the Bekker range at this time with more potential in the future
    Are you kidding me, Bekker range?? I've seen fans of West Coast teams make Kyle Bekker jokes on MLSsoccer.com, Chapman has way more upside and talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found something interesting in a bit of news on Luis Copete (Colombian, naturalized Nicaraguan). While it appears he is most linked with the Sounders, what struck me was that we were one of six North american clubs that were present in a special scouting showcase in Mexico. It looks like Bez was there.

http://www.laprensa.com.ni/2016/12/1...estados-unidos

https://sixpackmental.com/showcase2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    You need an AM, you don't know how much longer GIO will be here...win while he is here, take advantage of having the best player in MLS. IMO i would not waste this opp. on a player liek Chapman...go out there and sign the best possible player
    Giovinco will likely retire here or leave after 5 years to retire in the Chinese league. He only has a few more golden years left in him before he becomes a Cheyrou or De Rosario (talented but slower and with their best playing years behind them).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Are you kidding me, Bekker range?? I've seen fans of West Coast teams make Kyle Bekker jokes on MLSsoccer.com, Chapman has way more upside and talent.
    we said that about bekker when we drafted him first overall,im jus saying its still early to give him the #10 starting job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Chapman and he will play regularly at some point but they want an impact player and he's not there yet

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Found something interesting in a bit of news on Luis Copete (Colombian, naturalized Nicaraguan). While it appears he is most linked with the Sounders, what struck me was that we were one of six North american clubs that were present in a special scouting showcase in Mexico. It looks like Bez was there.

This is is the sort of signing I expect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post

Nice find

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the list of available players, what about Sanna Nyassi.
    27 years old, and over 150 MLS appearances.

Speed to burn too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Nice find
    Yallop with Arizona ? wow, thats a drop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh Williams is off to Columbus.

TFC passed with their re-entry draft picks.
    Last edited by notthesun; 12-22-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Josh Williams is off to Columbus.

TFC passed with their re-entry draft picks.
    And we now have 0 centerbacks sitting on the bench when we employ 3 at the back. Has Skylar Thomas been good enough at TFCII to warrant a first team contract? From what I've seen of him I don't think so. Hopefully Bez can find 2 centerbacks from within the league or abroad now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    And we now have 0 centerbacks sitting on the bench when we employ 3 at the back. Has Skylar Thomas been good enough at TFCII to warrant a first team contract? From what I've seen of him I don't think so. Hopefully Bez can find 2 centerbacks from within the league or abroad now.
    We have to go abroad.

Skyler Thomas was released and not resigned by TFC2
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018