RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Streamers for MLS Cup Final

Any news?

We did White for Eastern Conference Finals, why not Red for the MLS Cup Final?

Same drill, throw after national anthems.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1, lol streamers, and if we could get smoke too would look cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a bunch at the dollar store yesterday. Do we need to conceal them (put in jacket pockets) or can we just have a plastic brought in through the gates? lolol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stelinelli View Post
    I bought a bunch at the dollar store yesterday. Do we need to conceal them (put in jacket pockets) or can we just have a plastic brought in through the gates? lolol
    Clear plastic bag is good...tall boys fit very nicely inside of streamer rolls. Just stating this interesting fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last game i saw a bunch of guys with bags full at the gate, not sure if they had any problems, but i doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stelinelli View Post
    I've been bringing them in a plastic bag all playoffs and have had no issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do streamers freeze at -8 They might not unravel and we're essentially throwing hard hockey pucks. No one will take a corner for Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Do streamers freeze at -8 They might not unravel and we're essentially throwing hard hockey pucks. No one will take a corner for Seattle.
    that's fine by me.
    the lack of corners, not the throwing of hockey puckesque streamers at players.
    Last edited by flambe; 12-09-2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: to clarify my opposition to throwing shit at players

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no issues bringing in streamers for the Eastern Conference final.

I had them in coat pockets.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had them right in my hand in plain sight. No worries.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I brought a bunch in through the BMO gate. Security moved them around to check the bag and let me in with them. No issues. It was new Security too, well new to our gate.

Tip about streamers. Pull the end off the roll and hold it with your finger and thumb. Then throw, releasing the end only when the streamer unravels. This avoids beaming the guy three rows in front of you in the back of the head - although then he has a streamer to throw for his troubles...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any hints on throwing them? I could just try some at home but seams a waste. Last game mine ripped and just beaned someone in the head 5 rows down

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold onto the end after you throw it...
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red-o View Post
    any hints on throwing them? I could just try some at home but seams a waste. Last game mine ripped and just beaned someone in the head 5 rows down
    throw up and over in an arc, not in a straight downhill line

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    It would be better to turn the pitch sprinkler system on during Seattle's pre game warm up. They are used to rain, so this will make them feel at home, until their balls freeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Makes sense... thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can bring streamers in however you wish, I've never had any issues with security. Keep in mind which gate you're entering, some won't allow bag searches and will redirect to another gate. I think I go through gate 4, it's the gate directly under the temporary stands.

Now for tips, I feel like a veteran in this area. You can hold onto the ends like stated above. For myself I just tear off the end and unravel it a bit, if you've got a good arm and throw it high you'll be fine.

Also pack them flat in a backpack. Get 5-6 double rows and in the 4 row you can store whatever you need to sneak in. They'll only dig about 3 rows down if they even do that and theyll squeeze the bottom of the bag. I've been bringing my dinner and water bottles in for years this way. The rest, if any, put in clear plastic bags. The more you have the less they search you.

Also I usually bring 40-50 to a game, 80 tomorrow. They don't care how many you bring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Rasta View Post
    You can bring streamers in however you wish, I've never had any issues with security. Keep in mind which gate you're entering, some won't allow bag searches and will redirect to another gate. I think I go through gate 4, it's the gate directly under the temporary stands.

Now for tips, I feel like a veteran in this area. You can hold onto the ends like stated above. For myself I just tear off the end and unravel it a bit, if you've got a good arm and throw it high you'll be fine.

Also pack them flat in a backpack. Get 5-6 double rows and in the 4 row you can store whatever you need to sneak in. They'll only dig about 3 rows down if they even do that and theyll squeeze the bottom of the bag. I've been bringing my dinner and water bottles in for years this way. The rest, if any, put in clear plastic bags. The more you have the less they search you.

Also I usually bring 40-50 to a game, 80 tomorrow. They don't care how many you bring.
    A first post, welcome!