Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    They have good visuals, but a lot of that is paid for by their FO. They also sound good, but typically because their scoreboard tells them when to cheer and thy hire musicians.

So while it looks and sounds good, it's not authentic. Can't give them any credit as a result.
    Not true at all.

Scoreboard has never told us to cheer. We were cheering from the first minute we were in MLS.

ECS itself is full of a lot of professional people who make plenty of money so they have no problems with the tifo fund.

I can't think of any tifo the front office paid for other than a couple card displays the front office did on their own (with ECS consultation through the Alliance Council of course) But then again Barcelona and Real Madrid often do the same. I don't count fulll stadium card displays like this as supporters tifo but they do enhance it.

In any event keep with your plastic narrative, the fact is our front office has said they learned from you guys before we entered MLS to let the supporters take the lead on chants and displays and we always have since DAY 1.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

The plastic narrative is old, like when people said back in 2009 we were all Microsoft employees who were given free tickets. Conspiracy theory nonsense started by ACES (remember them)?

Last edited by RaveGreen; 12-11-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that smack was for pregame.

In terms of being able to bring it in numbers, it's only you, us, Portland and maybe Montreal. KC and Vancouver at the margin. It's not a big list.

No real reason for us to get in each others grills. The "Fun and Win" guy, well, we have a few guys like that too. It all goes with the territory.

Cheers and thanks for coming.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-11-2016 at 02:45 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Don't worry child, it will all be over very soon.

+100
    For the irony...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    All that smack was for pregame.
    Oh, when everyone was telling you all would win. Ok, I get that. But you did ask for it.

We never opened a thread for you lot to come here and gloat before or after the game. Clearly you were kinda obsessed with some friendly banter before the match. Its ok, we were too busy trying to organize flights to T-dot or viewing parties.

In terms of being able to bring it in numbers, it's only you, us, Portland and maybe Montreal. KC and Vancouver at the margin. It's not a big list.

No real reason for us to get in each others grills. The "Fun and Win" guy, well, we have a few guys like that too. It all goes with the territory.

Cheers and thanks for coming.
    I agree.

For the record I used to visit my relatives back east in the summer as a kid and they used to take me to Toronto often (upstate NY). We'd go up and stay at the Royal York and sight see and stuff so your city has a special place in my heart. I would have been upset had we not won but I'd feel a lot better if we had lost to you guys knowing how much you've had to endure while we made the playoffs every year than had we lost to some team like Columbus with their disdain for capos and proper football culture.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaveGreen View Post
    There are only three chants/songs we do at the same time every match.

I sat during a game and charted it once.

Same stuff.

At the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I bet it really confuses sounders fans as to how they're so vehemently despised by the rest of the league while they're Cascadian brothers to the north and south are held in high regard.
    Not confusing at all.

Seattle is the cultural center of Cascadia (if we ever gained autonomy/independence) and capitals are always hated because they are the center of culture, diversity and fresh ideas. People who live in capitals tend to be proud of that fact. Same reason Toronto is hated by most of Canada and say you're arrogant.

You're close to Ottawa and are the financial and cultural capital of Canada.

We're close to Olympia and are the financial and cultural capital of Cascadia.

We're both hated by our nations so in that we have something in common.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record I used to visit my relatives back east in the summer as a kid and they used to take me to Toronto often (upstate NY). We'd go up and stay at the Royal York and sight see and stuff so your city has a special place in my heart. I would have been upset had we not won but I'd feel a lot better if we had lost to you guys knowing how much you've had to endure while we made the playoffs every year than had we lost to some team like Columbus with their disdain for capos and proper football culture.
    Nothing brings MLS supporters together like a mutual disdain for Columbus. FYI - this thread never existed for "gloating". It existed to confine all pre-match tweaking (in either direction) to one thread.

Anyway - I imagine this doesn't even need to be said, but now that the game is over, from a moderation perspective this thread is going to exist on a bit of a knife's edge. If it devolves into post-victory flamebait from Sounders supporters, and TFC supporters angrily responding, it will be closed. I'd imagine some nerves are still raw after HOW we lost, so I'm just putting all of this out there for everyone.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BolickyBill View Post
    You're right we should have gone with the Liverpool Kit! And called ourselves FC. Hmm...opportunity lost
    Considering..

We were almost Seattle FC (and the reason we got FC was cause Sounders and FC were both tied in the name vote so the front office gave us both) we should be careful here throwing that stone...

We'd never wear liverpool kits. Wolfsburg yes. Liverpool, never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1994, Seattle Sounders were initially founded in 1994.... Even he couldn't stand the team
    Nickleback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I always find it interesting when other teams supporters troll people's boards and get upset when they get the gears taken to them.....lighten up dude.
    The only troll that matters now is the one which lifted the cup.

Stefan Frei....

....as Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Funny, the dragon in that scene was red too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stefan Frei....

Ok, it's over now, go play with your friends and have a good time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stefan Frei....

*Pushes up glasses* Actually sir, it wasn't a dragon - it was an ancient Balrog of Morgoth. Sauron was one of Morgoth's former lieutenants.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Cro View Post
    He sounds either drunk or slightly British to me in this clip

That's Robbie. He's a bit of both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Seattle. Fuck Seattle Always and Forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've won MLS cup and yet you're on here instead of enjoying the afternoon with your brethren. Well, maybe you are doing that too, I don't know.

Americans are weird.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 12-11-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Good Game Boys!

Congrats and safe Travels!

Thanks

I hope you guys make it back to the final next year along with us. Next time at our place though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^We will make it back. You will not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am actually kind of interested in this, but just can't get engaged today.

"Broadcasting" on FB, twitter, snapchat and IG is not Web 3.0. It's not discussion either. You have a unique/bizarre supporters culture if it's only happening on those platforms.

btw re Seattle, there are a couple of hundred people on Seahawks.net as I post this. Who are you kidding?
    http://www.seahawks.net/viewforum.php?f=2

Anyways, enjoy your victory.
    Thanks.

Baseball and Throwball fans (NFL) tend to be older and less into current social media technologies.

As for the victory, I'm getting ready to go to the airport to be with a bunch of people welcoming home the boys.

Massive parade on Tuesday downtown as well so thanks for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Nothing brings MLS supporters together like a mutual disdain for Columbus. FYI - this thread never existed for "gloating". It existed to confine all pre-match tweaking (in either direction) to one thread.
    Agreed about Columbus.

Anyway - I imagine this doesn't even need to be said, but now that the game is over, from a moderation perspective this thread is going to exist on a bit of a knife's edge. If it devolves into post-victory flamebait from Sounders supporters, and TFC supporters angrily responding, it will be closed. I'd imagine some nerves are still raw after HOW we lost, so I'm just putting all of this out there for everyone.
    Alright then, fair enough. I'm out. Good luck to you guys next year for the rematch (hopefully) in MLS Cup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, shutting this thread down. Enough fun all around from both sides.