Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    why? it's a 6 year old ticket
    Haha my bad. I thought it was this year's...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to fire up the old DeLorean and use that ticket, maybe even put down a few bucks on the rapids to win...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Look what I found today, looking forward to a much better MLS Cup experience this time around. My first was rather forgettable. Next Saturday can't come soon enough.

I guess we won't be getting glossy souvenirs this year..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I'm going to fire up the old DeLorean and use that ticket, maybe even put down a few bucks on the rapids to win...
    Ha beat me to it, that's what I was thinking!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Or worse??

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    so somebody with a early appointment can grab my season seats,before i have a chance?

Actually worse Reggie...just saw my seasons seats up on Stubhub ...I ended up in section 209 and my season seats are being sold back to me for 420USD a piece. Thanks MLS!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we win the cup (and we will),
    MLSE should refrain from playing music on the speakers.
    That way we can keep singing, instead of being drowned out by tunes.
    Someone send them a message!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Brooklin View Post
    Actually worse Reggie...just saw my seasons seats up on Stubhub ...I ended up in section 209 and my season seats are being sold back to me for 420USD a piece. Thanks MLS!
    This is absolutely brutal.
    I would definitely complain loudly to your MLSE Rep and anyone you can get ahold of at MLS.

Unlikely it will actually do anything, but MLS/MLSE should cancel those tickets.

Or does stubhub have any feature where you can flag tickets/users for removal?
    Just keep spamming/flagging them.

That's such a dick scalper move... fuck them.
    Last edited by gdg_9; 12-02-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, to discuss the actual game, in my opinion, Vanney has a huge task of refocusing the team. Luckily there is time. Beating Montreal was everything. Your biggest rival, who embarrassed you previously, that was it. No matter what happens now, the season is remember as a success by most (including myself). How do you overcome that? The team has been thinking about Montreal for 3 weeks. They were hungry. So hungry. Redemption was all they wanted. How do you get that hunger against Seattle? Too many times, teams going to a final for the first time as a group are too happy to be there, and the moment passes them by.

They can't handle a slow start.

There is no second leg.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I guess we won't be getting glossy souvenirs this year..
    I at least during the playoffs have been getting the box office to reprint my tickets on game days, so at least I get real stubs on TFC stock.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a joke, logged in a 10:01 am in fact, and my season seats which I have had for 10 years were not available....I have sat with the same people for 10 years and now I am in a completely different section, should I have not be given the opportunity to buy my seats at least for the day...texted our little group and only one grabbed their sears, scattered throughout...this is terrible
    Last edited by parma; 12-02-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet Stefan Frei never expected to play an MLS cup Final at BMO Field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I bet Stefan Frei never expected to play an MLS cup Final at BMO Field.
    Super Stefan Frei. Was actually looking at my Frei RPB Player of the Year Scarf the other day, no way I will be wearing that one next Saturday ( :, still one of favourite all time Reds though.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Stefan Frei. Was actually looking at my Frei RPB Player of the Year Scarf the other day, no way I will be wearing that one next Saturday ( :, still one of favourite all time Reds though.
    Same here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we stack up well against them. Their biggest weapon is Morris who usually is on the right (he has no left foot). Might keep Morrow back a bit but if Johnson is on that side, I suspect they will have a time of it getting him the ball. Bradley and Cooper can keep Loderio busy in the middle. Their CB's are big but not the fastest or most technical.

(Og waves to Sounder fans looking in)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think we stack up well against them. Their biggest weapon is Morris who usually is on the right (he has no left foot). Might keep Morrow back a bit but if Johnson is on that side, I suspect they will have a time of it getting him the ball. Bradley and Cooper can keep Loderio busy in the middle. Their CB's are big but not the fastest or most technical.

(Og waves to Sounder fans looking in)
    Tell those snotbag supporters to go suck rocks! (in the most polite, Canadian way possible, of course )
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    When we win the cup (and we will),
    MLSE should refrain from playing music on the speakers.
    That way we can keep singing, instead of being drowned out by tunes.
    Someone send them a message!
    Fuck man
    ..spot on....i was losing my shit when the music on the speakers were drowning out the noise.....

Seriouly anyone in the know...has to bring this up to the FO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How will Cooper handle the cold. Looks like -5 or so for that night

The guy had gloves on where i was sweating just being in the stands

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to say, Cooper has really grown on me. He let himself get riled up some of the first games here, but he's really settled down. He receives & dishes out plenty during the game, but stays cool, keeps going and shows lots of skill. Including not going down when Evan Bush tackled him in the box, which the Canadian hockey guys should love I guess.

I loved the way he scored his first goal for TFC, but sprinted straight back to the middle, all business, boys let's go & score some more. And the coolness he displayed in front of goal, taking a half second to pick his spot & not rushing things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing about how supporters aren't getting tickets in their sections, I'm worried that the people who get those seats won't have a clue of how to support and won't want to, disrupting the supporters usual intensity. I can see them getting irate that they can't see with all the people standing in front of them and starting a ruckus. I foresee security getting involved. This may turn out badly. What are the contingencies BMO security has in place to prevent this?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Hearing about how supporters aren't getting tickets in their sections, I'm worried that the people who get those seats won't have a clue of how to support and won't want to, disrupting the supporters usual intensity. I can see them getting irate that they can't see with all the people standing in front of them and starting a ruckus. I foresee security getting involved. This may turn out badly. What are the contingencies BMO security has in place to prevent this?
    Well in this point at least I think we're doing OK. The whole south end was able to pick up their own "seats" via Account Manager, so were not displaced. A few seats may be scalped, but that probably happens every game to a lesser extent & is no big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Fuck man
    ..spot on....i was losing my shit when the music on the speakers were drowning out the noise.....

Seriouly anyone in the know...has to bring this up to the FO
    The music coming out of the speakers in the roof above the west stand has been a problem all year. We in the 200 sections have the music blasting at us with such volume that pre-game conversations with friends - greetings and lineup observations and such, have to be conducted through shouting into each other's ears...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question re Ashtone Morgan - I thought his foot was supposed to be healed by now.

Mostly asking because I want him to be in the 18 next Saturday, and in a perfect world a late sub, but also curious as to how he is doing
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney was asked today about the role people are playing who are not in the staring 11 and he pretty much indicated in the playoffs you can't really rotate beyond about 13-14 guys.

That having been said, I'm pretty sure I saw Morgan bouncing up and down with other players Wed night. And there was talk last week of the non starters bringing it hard during practice before Wednesday vis-a-vis playing like the Impact would play. All reports I've heard are the players all want to be there but are doing what they can with the roles they are getting. The example of success through hard work right now has to be Hagglund but Bloom has become the go to right back sub through a lot of hard work too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, I would like to nominate "South Parkdale" as the official Weather Network location for BMO Field weather reports. We usually use Toronto Islands, but South Parkdale should be closer. Yeah I know there's no weather station in South Parkdale, they interpolate from other locations, but anyway.

Also, we're now in the 7-day forecast range, so marginally more accurate than rolling a dice to predict the weather. For Sat. the 10th they are saying high of 0 (feeling like -4), low of -2 the following night, and reduced chance of precipitation, now only 30%. So better chance of no snow for the game, although there might be a couple of cm on Friday. And yes this forecast will likely change 4 more time between now & then.

Link to South Parkdale weather report: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...south-parkdale

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney was asked today about the role people are playing who are not in the staring 11 and he pretty much indicated in the playoffs you can't really rotate beyond about 13-14 guys.

That having been said, I'm pretty sure I saw Morgan bouncing up and down with other players Wed night. And there was talk last week of the non starters bringing it hard during practice before Wednesday vis-a-vis playing like the Impact would play. All reports I've heard are the players all want to be there but are doing what they can with the roles they are getting. The example of success through hard work right now has to be Hagglund but Bloom has become the go to right back sub through a lot of hard work too.
    My reasons for wanting Ashtone in are purely sentimental. But I get that Vanney is unlikely to change anything he doesn't have to change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I am pretty sure I noticed Jordan Hamilton coming off the bench to celebrate goals with the team. It's great that the team has included these guys on the bench even though they aren't in the 18. As a side note, look at our depth! We have guys like Cheyrou, Rickets, and Johnson coming off the bench! Guys like Delgado (injury), Hamilton, Chapman, Endoh and Babouli aren't even in the 18! These were the guys that carried the team during the summer months, so it's good to know the team recognizes their contributions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck the weather, it looks that after a very mild week beginning from Friday there will be a severe down trend of the average temperature.
    Having the final on Wednesday would've been perfect weather-wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    First off, I would like to nominate "South Parkdale" as the official Weather Network location for BMO Field weather reports. We usually use Toronto Islands, but South Parkdale should be closer. Yeah I know there's no weather station in South Parkdale, they interpolate from other locations, but anyway.

Also, we're now in the 7-day forecast range, so marginally more accurate than rolling a dice to predict the weather. For Sat. the 10th they are saying high of 0 (feeling like -4), low of -2 the following night, and reduced chance of precipitation, now only 30%. So better chance of no snow for the game, although there might be a couple of cm on Friday. And yes this forecast will likely change 4 more time between now & then.

Link to South Parkdale weather report: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...south-parkdale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, what the fuck are you guys doing?
    At this point in this thread there should be a minimum of 200 posts!

I really hope you haven't burned out, or feel tired of being happy, and bursting with anticipation!
    Your team is in the MLS final game, and playing at home!

Wake up and flood this thread with your thoughts!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a sentimental gesture for sure to play Ashtone, and in a perfect world he would have a chance to play in the cup. However I would be furious if Vanney played him given that he hasn't played any minutes for a long time. His part at this time is to prepare the ones who should be playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess we will have to edit the chant...

Super Stephan Frei...when hes in the net ...IT ALL GETS BY!!!