Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC win, and the players use the drums to lead the slow clap, I think it would be better for them to do it from the centre circle and include the whole stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    If TFC win, and the players use the drums to lead the slow clap, I think it would be better for them to do it from the centre circle and include the whole stadium
    We'll all be on the pitch at that point. They can do it from the press box to get a better vantage point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USA MLS Soccer Money Line
    Seattle Sounders at Toronto FC - MLS Cup Final Winner
    extratime and shootouts included
    Sat 12/10 804 Seattle Sounders win MLS Cup +135
    8:00PM 803 Toronto FC wins MLS Cup -175

Odds right now at 5 Dimes.
    TFC is huge favorite!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I don't know where to put this, so I guess I'll put it here.

2) I want to suggest something. In the 1st year, last game, we stormed the pitch at the whistle. Great memories. I know it is common in Europe when u win the league, the supporter storm the pitch. Italy, England Sweden, etc.

Any thoughts?
    Storming the pitch would be beyond stupid. In year 1, then TFC business manager Paul B. (who was on our message board and knew it was possibly coming) told security to look the other way and let it happen. Those were more innocent times. No way they allow it now. You will get arrested, and a ban from TFC matches. If you noticed, after TFC won against Montreal security formed a cordon around the pitch.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-07-2016 at 09:42 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think this game will be as easy as the odds makers think it will be. Nor do I think TFC thinks that it will be easy.

Less malice then vs. Montreal and less history but its a big occasion. But Seattle is very good and was able to beat the Rapids in Colorado. I am assuming nothing but that this team will do what it has all season - fight for each other and the badge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Storming the pitch would be beyond stupid. In year 1, then TFC business manager Paul B. (who was on our message board and knew it was possibly coming) told security to look the other way and let it happen. Those were more innocent times. No way they allow it now. You will get arrested, and a ban from TFC matches. If you noticed, after TFC won against Montreal security formed a cordon around the pitch.

Im actually going to agree with you, and your tone, which must mean hell froze over hahaha.

in season 1 it was a bouncy plastic pitch and we couldnt possibly damage it any more than the Genesis concert. It also wasn't the MLS cup final which meant that at the end of the game, everybody other than the fans and the stadium workers got the fuck out of the stadium. After this game they'll be doing promotional and media stuff for quite some time.

We might not be using the pitch again til next year, but we cant have a thousand fans in random footwear running on it. they did a fine job after the grey cup, but come on!!!

you guys still kill me though. love ya

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I do not think this game will be as easy as the odds makers think it will be. Nor do I think TFC thinks that it will be easy.

Less malice then vs. Montreal and less history but its a big occasion. But Seattle is very good and was able to beat the Rapids in Colorado. I am assuming nothing but that this team will do what it has all season - fight for each other and the badge.
    I agree, it's why I wondered about the strategy re penalties.

This isn't a mediocre team that got lucky. Seattle were 12-3-4 down the stretch, by far the dominant team of the second half. Lodeiro has been every bit the equal of Gio.

The weather is our edge, given the composition of the the two teams. But it's not a big edge.

I expect TFC to win, but I expect a tense game.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-07-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 3-0...Ive never seen a team and supporters so hungry!!

Arguably our best player has been silent so..far!

If he wakes up...this could be over early!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those talking about an invasion and where is the party afterwards and how to do the slow clap....

Can we PLEASE focus on winning the game before we plan the after party?

Geez....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we PLEASE focus on winning the game before we plan the after party?

Ok, you go in goal and I'll handle Lodeiro.

Wtf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My worry is the Jordan Morris vs Stephen Beitashour matchup. I think Morris is likely to destroy him with some huge speed and some guile. I hope Vanney has plan to deal with that.
    Last edited by Hamilton_Red; 12-07-2016 at 10:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The most classic pitch invasion in recent times was when Man City won the league and the crowd took to the field just after the whistle blew. The players got all caught up in it. I remember them trying to fish Joe Hart out of it, clearing a path straight to the tunnel. Having seen a few of them at college football games the initial surge of people doing it has to be big enough that security makes the call to just step out of the way. ( :

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news if were doing Streamers again after the Anthems?

I know they wanted White for the Eastern Final, I think we should the same thing all with Red Streamers.

Any news from others supporter groups?

Please let us know.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Ok, you go in goal and I'll handle Lodeiro.

Wtf?

Allow me to explain.

WE were all scared shitless by that first game in Montreal when combined with that game here in August. Everybody knew that not only the team but the fans had to bring their A game a week ago tonight.

Cause, we do make a difference.

And boy did we ever.

But, now, a week later, people are planning a post game kegger and working out where they are going to go with a pitch invasion and I saw spec on how much of a dynasty TFC is.....like, really?

Job ain't done yet, neither by the team nor by the supporters.

Finish the job. Focus on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allow me to explain.

WE were all scared shitless by that first game in Montreal when combined with that game here in August. Everybody knew that not only the team but the fans had to bring their A game a week ago tonight.

Cause, we do make a difference.

And boy did we ever.

But, now, a week later, people are planning a post game kegger and working out where they are going to go with a pitch invasion and I saw spec on how much of a dynasty TFC is.....like, really?

I get what you're saying, dude.

I'm not counting any chickens by the way, this still hurts me.....

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to point out that I was being sarcastic when I suggested bringing kegs onto the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me a sentamentalist or a homer...but I'd start Osorio and Johnson and put Cooper on the bench. I'd like to win this thing with the heart of the team being Canucks. Cooper is going to have a shock at -6C . It's just got to mean more to the hometown boys - this game is going to be about heart It's the biggest soccer game ever played in Canada by a Canadian team. We are going to witness history.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cooper's going to be key in this game. He's got guile to go with his ability.

I'd rather have him on than either Osorio or Johnson.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Call me a sentamentalist or a homer...but I'd start Osorio and Johnson and put Cooper on the bench. I'd like to win this thing with the heart of the team being Canucks. Cooper is going to have a shock at -6C . It's just got to mean more to the hometown boys - this game is going to be about heart It's the biggest soccer game ever played in Canada by a Canadian team. We are going to witness history.
    For me I don't care. Put out the best team for the day out of the players we have no matter where they were born. They are all TFC players. I just want to win. Don't want to lose trying to do something like that. We only get the one chance.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professionals can handle the cold.
    On another note, after sticking it out for 10 SSH years, I for one, am a bit touched by the surge of desperation in the the Ticket thread.
    The single worst TFC game I saw deserves vindication. April, 2009 in the snow, a 0:1 loss and Seattle fans dissed us hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Professionals can handle the cold.
    Not if you never play in the cold and are unaware of how it changes the game. I saw Canada play Mexico at Varsity Stadium way back when. It was late November IIRC. It was freezing cold and it really, really affected Mexico. Their collective first touch went out the window, they were non-committal in their challenges and they consistently lost focus - especially as the game wore on. Now, we don't know how Cooper will react to it - he has been practicing in this weather for the last month or so - but playing in the cold is genuinely difficult if your not used to it.

On that note: Since that game I've never understood why the CSA is so resistant to using our biggest home field advantage. If we have an important game in November, fucking play it in Edmonton, Or halifax, or even Nunavut for all I care. I'd like to see those Central American teams try their shit when it's below 10 below and it hurts to touch the ball.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 12-08-2016 at 09:21 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I'd just like to point out that I was being sarcastic when I suggested bringing kegs onto the pitch.
    Yeah, I know...

Maybe I'm just not used to optimism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 more sleeps..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

East Coast/West Coast - Toronto vs. Seattle

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Im actually going to agree with you, and your tone, which must mean hell froze over hahaha.
    Hell did freeze over, an MLSE team not only made the playoffs but actually won their division.

Seriously, I made such a strong point because I just don't want to see any supporters get banned (I'm not worried about the pitch, it will need to be replaced anyway next spring after the Leafs have played hockey on it). We've got great support and I'd like everyone to be able to come back and support the club next year.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated forecast for 8pm Saturday evening:

-4 feeling like -10, with winds coming out of the west at 19 km/h

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Updated forecast for THE CUP FINAL 8pm Saturday evening:

Fixed, and now sounds perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Cooper should have no problem playing in below freezing temps!
    He played in Romania for example, where the games are stretching well into winter, and there winters are lot more harsh than in Western Europe.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Updated forecast for 8pm Saturday evening:

I'm ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the "Canadians play in winter" thing is hugely overrated. At the youth levels Soccer is a summer sport here and the game moves indoors in the winter.

I know more than a few guys who have moved overseas to train and they needed to adjust to what were on occasion softer and muddier fields than what they saw in Canada.

It's hard to even find cleats here that are made for a soft field.