Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now can we get that bloody BMO off our shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we didn't choke. We didn't play great either, but if you were to replay those 120 minutes 10 times we probably win 8 of the 10.

It was just a shitty night, couldn't make them pay for sitting deep all game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Greg Vanney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks but it was two teams of equal qualities and in the end one team had to win. They have a great defence and they have us nothing, they shut down are two best scorers, yes it sucks that we lost on penalties yes it's not the best way to determine a game , but for now that's how it's done who knows maybe in the future you go to a system where you maybe take players off until your down to say 6 v 6, play like day two 30 minute halves of extra time and then if you are still tied then go for penalties, but until it's changed that's soccer if you don't like it then don't follow it, I'm getting tired of this penalty shootout hate , yes we know it's not the best way to decide a game but it is what it is for now , ya I know hockey goes until someone scores but hockey is not soccer in soccer there is not unlimited on the fly substitution. We lost at home it really sucks but man that was still fun TFC just about brought this city to a standstill it made people in the city notice there was a buzz , we lost it sucked but it was fun , we need to get up and look forward to next season when we will make another run!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i check mls scoreline stats after every game and i have never seen anything that looks like this:

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...nders-fc/stats

and to top it off the team that dominated lost!! this is truly incredible, look at this graph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we always have this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got home. Random thoughts:

Lost a lot of respect that I had for Alan Kelly tonight. For a while there he was calling every single 50-50 challenge as a foul by the TFC player. Or maybe my bias is worse than I thought in the heat of the moment. Either way, I don't plan to rewatch that to find out.

How the fuck do you not score a penalty against Frei?

Chad Marshall and Ozzy Alonso completely bossed Altidore and Giovinco. You have to give them credit for executing their game plan. Really need good wide players to create chances, and we don't have the players to do that.

Bradley had another monster game. Too bad it'll be that penalty that will define his game in people's memories. If we had scored one of those chances to avoid ET or the shootout, I would have picked him as MOTM.

Can't complain about the shootout. It's the way knockout games are decided in professional soccer. It's not like Hockey where shootouts were implemented by the league.

Fucking beer cans. Had a feeling that would happen when I saw they were serving cans. My first TFC game at BMO this year, but When did they start serving cans? I distinctly remember drinking beer from a sippy cup in previous years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel emotionally awful after that. I don't know what to think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate penalties, they should let them play until someone scores. Have a 20 minute break or extra subs if that's what it takes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got home. My voice is gone. Sang till the last penalty. Sucks to lose at home but it was a year to remember for many years. But what kind of penalty was that from bradley? Especially after such a strong game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penalties are a coin flip. Hard way to lose. I don't understand the Giovinco sub. He wasn't hurting us. We needed him for penalties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great season. I will always remember this amazing TFC team. It's everything I wanted since the beginning. The game didn't go how any of us wanted but I have the best thoughts about this year. I hope we keep the core

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    choke is kinda harsh i think.
    I know, but unfortunately its the most appropriate term. Tonight was the Jay's bats going silent all over again.

Seba didnt bother turning up at all tonight. Just like against Montreal. Jozy huffed and puffed but was largely ineffective. Bradley had his freeze moment at the PK. And talking of PK's did you see how hesitant Drew Moor's was?? He completely miss hit it and was fortunate to see it trundle inside Frei's right hand post.
    The night was summed up by Morrow's face when his shot thundered back of the bar. That wasn't supposed to happen. It wasn't supposed to end like this. Unfortunately it did, because just like mr Morrow his team mates couldnt do what they'd done all through the playoffs. Put the ball in the net. Unfortunately the occasion was just too big for them...
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 12-11-2016 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney took a chance playing both Cooper and Osorio with Bradley. When both Johnson and Cheyrou were subbed on, the gap between Jozy/Giovinco and the mid was obvious. Maybe in hindsight, starting Johnson instead of Cooper or Osorio would have been better that way there would be one offensively minded inside mid (cooper/Osorio) and one defensive midfielder (Cheyrou) on the bench ready to go. Ideally, TFC would have gotten a goal in the first 70 minutes, making the two Cheyrou and Johnson subs help protect the lead and close out the game. Can't blame Vanney for this, TFC got their chances and dominated but tonight just was not the night.

What a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate and love being so emotionally involved in a team,tonight the hate part ,so close a inch here or ther and we are champs and the good kinda crying,lets go for the supporters shield next season,thats the true champonship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Penalties are a coin flip. Hard way to lose. I don't understand the Giovinco sub. He wasn't hurting us. We needed him for penalties.
    I read multiple reports that he asked to be subbed off.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He did not seem injured, but something was definitely off for the last 3 games. Bummed, but still totally proud of this season.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    The toronto curse continues, the ol chip on the shoulder will continue to motivate, heck of a ride
    no way...we are nothing like the TFC of old, neither the team, the FO, or the fans...if we were, we would have choked on Nov 30th...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's like the Oilers' dynasty. You never win the first year at the final.
    Seattle did.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Just got home. Random thoughts:

Lost a lot of respect that I had for Alan Kelly tonight. For a while there he was calling every single 50-50 challenge as a foul by the TFC player. Or maybe my bias is worse than I thought in the heat of the moment. Either way, I don't plan to rewatch that to find out.
    I agree with everything you wrote. RE Alan Kelly, the way he was calling things especially in the middle of the park was bizarre, like the blatant push on Giovinco from behind (not called). On the other hand, I felt he didn't whistle TFC for fouls a couple of times where they looked pretty clear, but it was a smaller number of cases. There was another game he called for us this season where I had a similar feeling. Maybe he's been watching too many other crappy MLS refs.

I think they've been selling cans w/o pouring into a plastic cup for most of the season. Also selling plastic bottles (water etc.) w/o removing the caps. I think it's to save time for the vendors, which is stupid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Yup. I don't know if it was a nagging injury, the cold, or a combination. I don't know if Vanney directly said that Giovinco asked for the sub, but he definitely said that he could barely move anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whole season ends on a tie, oh well, but overall we played great tonight, total domination

pk's don't solve/prove anything
    even if we had won on pk's, still would not have been too happy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is, RE Giovinco:

"It’s not like I take him off because I want to," Vanney said. "I look at him and he gives me the sign he can’t go anymore. When he feels like he can’t go, then he feels like he’s more of a liability to the group than anything."
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2...r-mls-cup.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anger management, for anyone who needs it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw Frei's save on Altidore in extra time..I'm sorry but that was the greatest save I have ever seen..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminded me of Seaman's spectacular save against Sheffield Utd. Ironically from a Canadian...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    Just saw Frei's save on Altidore in extra time..I'm sorry but that was the greatest save I have ever seen..
    And that is the moment we take from the Cup Final. We salute Frei, he was a good TFC keeper and it was salary cap issues that inspired his trade to Seattle. If you love the game, you salute the keeper who saved the night for his team.

But our future is with Altidore. Jozy Altidore who came into the game last night riding a five goals in five games streak. An inch to the right and Frei does not get to that one (and we would have been spared hoping that Justin Morrow had hit a penalty kick just a smidge lower).
    Sometimes a setback helps to inspire the next leap forward. TFC dominated and did everything well except score. They may have the Cup, but TFC 2017 may redeem us all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read through all 21 pages. Perhaps somebody already mentioned this: was almost the whole stadium standing for the whole game? Certainly the upper west side was, and it also seemed to be the case for the east side. It was nice for me, better to get into the game & to stay warm. It sucked for my daughter, because she couldn't see half the field even when she was standing. I couldn't convince her to stand on the seat.

What was odd: I was closer to the south end than normal, but I could barely hear anything from there. The Montreal game, we could hear you, and join in your chants very easily. That was rarely the case last night. Even when we did join in, it would fall apart quickly because we couldn't hear you, so some locals would go off on the wrong tempo and pull things apart. The west side was more animated than I've seen it, lots of chants were started locally, but it all seemed pretty disjointed.

I've noticed that throughout the season: how well we hear other sections changes lots from game to game. Is it the wind direction? (Last night was from the west.) I also have the feeling that the roof amplifies everything. If people are in sync, it really helps. If there's a general chitter-chatter in the West, or out-of-sync local chanting, then that gets amplified & kills any connection to the South.

Anyway, just a guess.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

What was odd: I was closer to the south end than normal, but I could barely hear anything from there. The Montreal game, we could hear you, and join in your chants very easily. That was rarely the case last night. Even when we did join in, it would fall apart quickly because we couldn't hear you, so some locals would go off on the wrong tempo and pull things apart. The west side was more animated than I've seen it, lots of chants were started locally, but it all seemed pretty disjointed.

I've noticed that throughout the season: how well we hear other sections changes lots from game to game. Is it the wind direction? (Last night was from the west.) I also have the feeling that the roof amplifies everything. If people are in sync, it really helps. If there's a general chitter-chatter in the West, or out-of-sync local chanting, then that gets amplified & kills any connection to the South.

Anyway, just a guess.
    Wind could be part of it.

But, to be honest, I think the cold and the nerves affected us fans.
    We weren't our usual selves last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best team lost, that's footy for ya ehh.

I give Montreal credit here for playing a great game of football against us, unlike Settle, yeh and I mean "Settle for a draw FC....Fuck wits"