Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nice picture there 680news...Darel Russel?

Anyways, the Ossington bus will be on diversion for the pregame and likely crawling through Liberty Village all day long due to the traffic.

Best to either walk into Liberty Village from Dufferin or from Strachan.
    Yeah, seriously WTF is this pic?? lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, seriously WTF is this pic?? lol
    Can't wait for my first game and seeing him play!

Bizarre. I'm sure the Canadian Press has plenty of files from this year to use.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I say start Johnson. We have enough talent in our starting 11 to create chances without Osorio on the pitch. It's far more important that we stifle Lodeiro, Friberg, Ivanschitz and Roldan in the middle of the park. We absolutely cannot give them time on the ball to spray passes into the channels for Morris and Valdez. That's what the game is going to come down to. If we can stop them from getting into a rhythm in midfield we win, if we fail to do so we lose.
    Its a really interesting tactically this time. Not about Oso's skill per se, but do you want to attack Seattle's potential weakness or defend against their strength. I think Vanney will want to do the former, which was strategy against NYC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Twellman is just about to go live on ESPN here at Football Factory.

Reeeeally tempted to give him a piece of my mind about his anti TFC bias over the years...but I won't :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Re the cold: the reason why I believe it's meaningful is not a question of soccer per se.

I think it makes a difference whether you grew up in a cold winter climate or not. It's a mental thing just as much as a physical thing.

Sports is about having and exploiting tiny edges.
    I think Cooper was really put off his game by the turf in Montreal. Might be true of the weather issue too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if we try to smother them early like NYC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know when the box office is open at the field?? I need to pick up a couple tickets from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if empty water bottles are allowed in? Plastic one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Taylor Twellman is just about to go live on ESPN here at Football Factory.

Reeeeally tempted to give him a piece of my mind about his anti TFC bias over the years...but I won't :P

He's a good guy I've talked to him before. I don't think he's anti-TFC he was anti incompetent management. He made it pretty clear he's happy TFC writes big cheques to their players ..... remember he's a guy from MLS 1.0 who got nickel and dimed pretty hard and had a transfer to Europe rejected by the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it in folks. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for the next opportunity. Nervous as heck, but pumped and ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managed to get a ticket 5th row of 115!!!! I shouldn't have drank coffee this morning, I'm so jittery and vibrating right now. Heading out soon. Who predomonently sits in 115?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://https://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU...
    If you're a parent, you've seen this a million times...now throw the TFC curve in there...you'll get the symbolism... Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Managed to get a ticket 5th row of 115!!!! I shouldn't have drank coffee this morning, I'm so jittery and vibrating right now. Heading out soon. Who predomonently sits in 115?
    No one's sitting in 115 tonight! We're independents no SG affiliations as such

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happens....very proud of this team and how far they have come. Its been one hell of a ride. Just going to enjoy these next 8 hours, soak it in and surf the vibes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly believe in this team.

Never before have I been able to say that about TFC but it's the absolute truth.

This team has heart, they want to win, they want to play for us, they love the club, the city and they have fully bought into the epic story that is Toronto FC. They are going to be legends for years to come, etched into the very identity of this team for all who follow.

I'm glad that its taken this long. The league wasnt ready for us anyway. Now it is, and now we are going to prove that we own it. We ARE the best team, we ARE the best fans in North America and we ARE going to prove it before this night is through.

Cmon you REDS. See you all at BMO Field. GIVE IT.
    Last edited by ExiledRed; 12-10-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said ExiledRed.

I'm so damn nervous ... no idea how I'll get through the next few hours.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I truly believe in this team.

Never before have I been able to say that about TFC but it's the absolute truth.

This team has heart, they want to win, they want to play for us, they love the club, the city and they have fully bought into the epic story that is Toronto FC. They are going to be legends for years to come, etched into the very identity of this team for all who follow.

I'm glad that its taken this long. The league wasnt ready for us anyway. Now it is, and now we are going to prove that we own it. We ARE the best team, we ARE the best fans in North America and we are going to prove it before this night is through.

Cmon you REDS. See you all at BMO Field. GIVE IT.
    I was just thinking the exact thing.

I'm happy they have this opportunity now, in a time when the league is at a much higher level than it was 10 years ago.

Plus, the belief I have in this team is a brand new fan experience.
    We've been so accustomed to getting any hopes dashed by some dramatic collapse.
    Never before have I had 100% confidence in the ability of this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under six hours.. I am so jacked up right now I think I am going to puke. I will start the trek down to BMO shortly. Now if I can just remember to breathe I will be ok. Win or Lose I am proud of what this team has accomplished this year. With the being said.... Lets fucking do this!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twellman live from the Football Factory. He calls it for TFC.

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-so...nt-for-seattle
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm now growing quite concerned about the weather forecast. Now expected to feel like -13. Maybe starting with Johnson and Oso instead of Cooper makes more sense. So that we look more like a 3-4-1-2
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I'm now growing quite concerned about the weather forecast. Now expected to feel like -13. Maybe starting with Johnson and Oso instead of Cooper makes more sense. So that we look more like a 3-4-1-2
    Hoo boy. (Remind me why was I so stridently against Skydome again?)

I think maybe you can start Cooper so long as you are prepared to sub him out after 25 minutes if he can't handle it.

I think all the technical guys (including Gio and Lodeiro) could have problems. The stops and starts are a bit off in the deep cold.

Bradley and Altidore are hard men made for this type of game.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heading on down now.

10 years of ups and downs. Enjoy it boys. You've all earned!

Stay warm and stay loud.

COYR!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parking Tip, if you park by the Raptors training centre and tell them you're going to Medieval Times parking is $11, if you say TFC game it's $30.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Cooper played for two years in Galați, in the Romanian Liga 1. Their regular season runs until a few days before Christmas, takes a break, and then restarts the first week of February. Average December lows in Galați exactly match Toronto (-3), and their average highs are only about 2 degrees higher than here. Galați is fairly close to the Black Sea, but I believe other Romanian cities where he would have regularly played Dec. & Feb. games are even colder than Toronto. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that he'll be fine for this one-off cup final.

I still wonder how the weather will affect Gio. His best work relies on sublime touch & control. The temperature, the field, the ball, and his body will all be quite unusual today. Fingers crossed he can put in a performance like vs. NYC in NY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish I could be there with you all tonight! Seems like we've been waiting for this forever! I'll be watching from the west coast with my family and my brand new baby girl, her first ever TFC game is MLS cup, she'll never know the years of suffering we've been through! Do us proud in the stands boys and girls, we know you will!

Come me on you reds! Bring us the cup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not long now to the "outdoor MLS Winter Classic" Cmon u reds

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....did the usual game day get myself ready routine and apparently I do indeed bleed red.

Enjoy the spectacle where ever you are lads and lasses.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Wish I could be there with you all tonight! Seems like we've been waiting for this forever! I'll be watching from the west coast with my family and my brand new baby girl, her first ever TFC game is MLS cup, she'll never know the years of suffering we've been through! Do us proud in the stands boys and girls, we know you will!

Come me on you reds! Bring us the cup!
    Grats Jeffro! Enjoy the game. You were always the most recognizable of us RPB! Cheers!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dumb question, I know. I have a bunch of tfc scarves. My favorite has red on one side, white on the other with an Ontario hydro label, along with the official TFC emblem. Was this a promo in year one? I seem to remember getting it then. Any ideas? I would like to bring it tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets Go TFC its our time!!