Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, bitterly disappointed all around. Seattle didn't quite "win" the game, so much as we lost. They're the Floyd Mayweather of MLS.

Gonna take a break from TFC/this board until after Jan 1. Gonna stay in a positive mindset and enjoy this time of year, friends/family/christmas/new years eve. Do some reflecting on this over the next few weeks, and comeback with a fresh mindset for 2017.

Thank you to everyone on this board, even those I've disagreed with, and the team for an amazing season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Best team lost, that's footy for ya ehh.

I give Montreal credit here for playing a great game of football against us, unlike Settle, yeh and I mean "Settle for a draw FC....Fuck wits"
    I agree, but this is football and sometimes a lesser team win games.

It simply wasn't our night, and sometimes you got be lucky to win games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    What was odd: I was closer to the south end than normal, but I could barely hear anything from there. The Montreal game, we could hear you, and join in your chants very easily. That was rarely the case last night. Even when we did join in, it would fall apart quickly because we couldn't hear you, so some locals would go off on the wrong tempo and pull things apart. The west side was more animated than I've seen it, lots of chants were started locally, but it all seemed pretty disjointed.

I've noticed that throughout the season: how well we hear other sections changes lots from game to game. Is it the wind direction? (Last night was from the west.) I also have the feeling that the roof amplifies everything. If people are in sync, it really helps. If there's a general chitter-chatter in the West, or out-of-sync local chanting, then that gets amplified & kills any connection to the South.

Anyway, just a guess.
    I sit in 110 and managed to get my same seats for the final. However, very few of the people around me were regular SSHs. Even had a bunch of regulars show up and try to trade for their seats.

Me and a few others tried to get people going into chants.... but other than This Is Our House, "TFC clap clap clap" or the Slow Clap ... nothing was really working. My section is usually pretty good for songs like "When the Reds go marching in", Bounce, Massive and Just Can't Get Enough, esepically during this season and playoff run, but not last night. Pretty disappointed about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended up in 107 and can confirm that everyone was standing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I didn't read through all 21 pages. Perhaps somebody already mentioned this: was almost the whole stadium standing for the whole game? Certainly the upper west side was, and it also seemed to be the case for the east side. It was nice for me, better to get into the game & to stay warm. It sucked for my daughter, because she couldn't see half the field even when she was standing. I couldn't convince her to stand on the seat.

What was odd: I was closer to the south end than normal, but I could barely hear anything from there. The Montreal game, we could hear you, and join in your chants very easily. That was rarely the case last night. Even when we did join in, it would fall apart quickly because we couldn't hear you, so some locals would go off on the wrong tempo and pull things apart. The west side was more animated than I've seen it, lots of chants were started locally, but it all seemed pretty disjointed.

I've noticed that throughout the season: how well we hear other sections changes lots from game to game. Is it the wind direction? (Last night was from the west.) I also have the feeling that the roof amplifies everything. If people are in sync, it really helps. If there's a general chitter-chatter in the West, or out-of-sync local chanting, then that gets amplified & kills any connection to the South.

Anyway, just a guess.
    I think a lot of south end regulars were just priced out for this one.

I was a bit higher in 114 than usual and some of the people around me were a joke. One guy shows up with his GF 5 mins before the start and tells me bro to get off his seat. He was standing behind him and wasn't bothering anyone. This season ticket holder was more interested in his $10 pizza than anything else. Contributing nothing to the atmosphere and pissing off everyone around him, asking people to show him their tickets. I thought our motto was All for One.

Lots of idiots throwing beer at the guys with banners as well. I feel bad for the capos that sacrifice watching the game for "supporters" that refuse to participate.

Hopefully the supporters group numbers continue to grow and we don't have these issues 10 years from now. If you're not contributing to the atmosphere you're hurting it. Go stuff your face with pretzels somewhere else.

/
    Last edited by Lennon; 12-11-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    I sit in 110 and managed to get my same seats for the final. However, very few of the people around me were regular SSHs. Even had a bunch of regulars show up and try to trade for their seats.

Me and a few others tried to get people going into chants.... but other than This Is Our House, "TFC clap clap clap" or the Slow Clap ... nothing was really working. My section is usually pretty good for songs like "When the Reds go marching in", Bounce, Massive and Just Can't Get Enough, esepically during this season and playoff run, but not last night. Pretty disappointed about that.
    We certainly didn't find that in upper 110 -- the place was rocking all night. I understand that if you had seasons tickets in a supporters section, you kept your seats. I was a little concerned with the total lack of security. A lot of people were standing in the aisle between 109-110 and blocking the upper exit, same in the Montreal game. One guy got on the staircase got pushed and fell on my seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roca View Post
    We certainly didn't find that in upper 110 -- the place was rocking all night. I understand that if you had seasons tickets in a supporters section, you kept your seats. I was a little concerned with the total lack of security. A lot of people were standing in the aisle between 109-110 and blocking the upper exit, same in the Montreal game. One guy got on the staircase got pushed and fell on my seat.
    110 isn't a supporters section and SSHs did not get their seats guaranteed. I'm in Row 18, on the aisle with 111 and it felt noticeably different. I'm not trying to say it wasn't rocking or was terrible, but it was a bit disappointing.

Not blaming the newer people either, as many were from the Upper deck and may never have been exposed to those chants before.

The 110-111 upper exit had the same problem.

EDIT

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm dragging down supporters. The newcomers in the section were into the game and loud. Great to see. I guess that I'm just gutted after a great and exciting season. Can't wait for next year.
    Last edited by wopchop; 12-11-2016 at 12:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although some regulars behaviour as you mentioned is simply wrong I think being priced out of your seats when their cost were at the beginning $45 , then $55 for a final , is a bit much . I sit beside the supporters ( in supporters) and my cost is double that . The south end ticket prices compared to many others are a steal and should be regarded as a privilege . How did the non regulars get those seats ? Because many people got greedy and sold 'their' gauranteed seats for profit . Those people should be out of supporters sections , period .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Although some regulars behaviour as you mentioned is simply wrong I think being priced out of your seats when their cost were at the beginning $45 , then $55 for a final , is a bit much . I sit beside the supporters ( in supporters) and my cost is double that . The south end ticket prices compared to many others are a steal and should be regarded as a privilege . How did the non regulars get those seats ? Because many people got greedy and sold 'their' gauranteed seats for profit . Those people should be out of supporters sections , period .
    Oh I didn't mean that $55 for a final was a bad price. At $55 those tickets are a steal, and credit to MLSE for not jacking up the prices. I go to every game, but not being a SSH and not having any luck with ticketmaster I was forced to shell out the big bucks on ticketsnow. Prices on there never got lower than $200 after you include all the fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Hard to believe that a person who could afford to be there for an entire season and playoff run would then cry poor for a $55.00 championship match.

I thought the upper east side did a great job. There did seem to be some issues early on getting everyone on the same chant, but overall I think the Supporters did themselves proud (yet again).

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of tourists last night thats for sure. Huge difference from Montreal. Nothing we can do it's a Cup and people who never go suddenly want to go and people who go but can make a profit want to sell. The allocation and seating fiasco it was just what it was. We'll bring it hard next season boys don't worry. The Montreal game was a night to be proud of for all of our history.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Lots of tourists last night thats for sure. Huge difference from Montreal. Nothing we can do it's a Cup and people who never go suddenly want to go and people who go but can make a profit want to sell. The allocation and seating fiasco it was just what it was. We'll bring it hard next season boys don't worry. The Montreal game was a night to be proud of for all of our history.
    Section 207. Everybody standing the entire game, sth and newcomwrs blended in well. In the upper sections, the noise level is deafening, there were many times when I couldnt hear the chants clearly. Even that Icelandic drum thing got drowned out by fans screaming.

Seattle played the perfect road game, as everyone concentrated in defence. People complain about Seba, but at least he tried to score, playing in bitterly cold conditions, facing a defense bent on chopping him down, and a ref who gave them way too much freedom to do so. At least Seba outperformed Lodeiro, who did nothing for 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Section 115

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post

I was a bit higher in 114 than usual and some of the people around me were a joke. One guy shows up with his GF 5 mins before the start and tells me bro to get off his seat. He was standing behind him and wasn't bothering anyone. This season ticket holder was more interested in his $10 pizza than anything else. Contributing nothing to the atmosphere and pissing off everyone around him, asking people to show him their tickets. I thought our motto was All for One.

Lots of idiots throwing beer at the guys with banners as well. I feel bad for the capos that sacrifice watching the game for "supporters" that refuse to participate.

Hopefully the supporters group numbers continue to grow and we don't have these issues 10 years from now. If you're not contributing to the atmosphere you're hurting it. Go stuff your face with pretzels somewhere else.

/
    I agree with this, and I think it's something rpb may want to help with. I moved to 115 before last season after my seats were expropriated for the construction of an entrance on the aisle of 110 towards 109.

Section 115 has a decent core group of fans, but far too many tourists, especially last night sadly. Just as an example row 12 seats 30 and 29, on the aisle with 114 has different people there every single game. The hard work of singing and chanting from 114 and east to 116 is lost over 115 because of no real organization.

I would like to ask if anyone in rpb brass or people who sit in 115 would like to join me in trying to help organize 115. I think it's a 30 plus crowd for the most part that would be mote inclined to identify as rpb rather than some other groups.

If anyone wants to help with this please contact me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Section 207. Everybody standing the entire game, sth and newcomwrs blended in well. In the upper sections, the noise level is deafening, there were many times when I couldnt hear the chants clearly. Even that Icelandic drum thing got drowned out by fans screaming.

Seattle played the perfect road game, as everyone concentrated in defence. People complain about Seba, but at least he tried to score, playing in bitterly cold conditions, facing a defense bent on chopping him down, and a ref who gave them way too much freedom to do so. At least Seba outperformed Lodeiro, who did nothing for 90 minutes.
    Yea that's true. I just wish we had got a single goal to get the stadium rocking like it was last week. No-one sat down the entire match throughout the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I thought they dominated us, to be honest," said Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan, who absentmindedly wrung out a champagne-soaked Sounders scarf as he spoke to reporters, smiling faces all around him.

My first feeling when reading this is sadness that we lost.. but then happy that it wasn't just in my head that we dominated most of the play, to the point that Seattle's own player says it!

I'll be going back and forth between those two emotions for a couple of days, but eventually I'll only feel proud..proud of the season, proud of the players giving their all on that freezing cold night, proud of the way we play the game, proud of the fans who stood and chanted and sang all night, proud. TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the closest thing to a win that a loss has ever felt like.

They played anti-football and got bossed around for 120 minutes, which is a completely valid strategy, but they still had to be bailed out by some 11th hour heroics from Frei. We can take some comfort from that, once the hollow feeling has subsided.

We were millimetres away, more than once, from the storyline for the game being very different. They came to not-play, and it almost backfired on them horribly more than once. Then they won what was essentially a coin-flip.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post

/

THIS! Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the reality of football. The team that scores goals win. Although we didn't see any this game, we witnessed the boys giving it their all. I still think that the boys left everything on the field during the MTL series and were simply exhausted. Im happy with the performance, but this one is going to sting a little. Great season overall.

We wanted to win in our 11th season anyway...right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched on SkySports and the commentators were flabergasted at Alan Kelly's referee performance. This is MLS referee of the year? Hopefully it wakes Garber up to the awful state of PRO. The SkySports guys aren't exactly snobs either they're usually quite complimentary of MLS, but they thought the game was awful, in part to Kelly setting a precedent. Marshall's caution was harsh but I couldn't believe Alonso didn't get a yellow, or some of the tackles not even whistled for both teams.

Giovinvco must have an injury? He was pretty terrible all night, every touch of his seemed to bounce on to a Sounders foot or he ran into turnover. I hope he didn't ask for the sub because of cramp/embarrassment. Bradley was good until PK. Altidore was OK, but created some key goal attempts and buried his PK. Supporting cast was fine but Sounders did not allow TFC to create their usual rhythm. I hope they're all back, Cooper too. Johnson (where the attack goes to die) is overrated but his CC winning goal will always be special. Lack of attacking midfield is still concerning. Credit Seattle for grinding this one out. Credit TFC for the great season and unforgettable conference championship.

Personally I love CCL and look forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anyone else less than impressed by Lodiero? I remember him from his time at Ajax, and he was a nice player back then, but the way people were talking about him being a threat for MVP with a full season, I was expecting a player who would cause our defense serious problems like Piatti. Still a nice player to have though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still in disbelief at how this all played out last night, and that we missed the ultimate achievement after coming so goddamn close. This hurts like hell and will take a while to reconcile. in the meantime, I am pretty damn proud of our whole squad and hope that they get some much-needed rest and come back even stronger.

Personally, the home leg of the Montreal series was about as entertaining as anything our boys could provide, and that's a very strong consolation prize in my book. That was truly a night that I will never, ever forget.

ALL FOR ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Was anyone else less than impressed by Lodiero? I remember him from his time at Ajax, and he was a nice player back then, but the way people were talking about him being a threat for MVP with a full season, I was expecting a player who would cause our defense serious problems like Piatti. Still a nice player to have though
    Trust me, that guy is almost the only reason they made it to the final in the first place ! Guy has been terrific, last night was not his best truth be told, PK was awesome though, but i have watched the sounders in the playoffs and especially leading up to them and the guy has been awesome, pure magic. Great pickup by them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot....how does one post a photo here?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, it was either Lodeiro or Giovinco for us a couple of years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just back from a 7,000km round trip to see the game...here are my thoughts after rewatching the game on PVR.

Seattle's defensive performance was over rated - that game could have as easily ended 3-0 as it did 0-0.

Osorio shot in the first three minutes.
    Giovinco missing a sitter off the side netting.
    Cheroux x2
    Rickets past the post.
    Altidore header for spectacular save.

Play that game ten times over and 2-3 of those go in the net 9/10 times. I might have made a couple of changes on the starting line-up but the main one was to get Rickets on around 70 minutes - his pace and energy was great and he is unplayable against tired legs.

Bradley - hat's off incredible performance.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Yep, bitterly disappointed all around. Seattle didn't quite "win" the game, so much as we lost. They're the Floyd Mayweather of MLS.

Gonna take a break from TFC/this board until after Jan 1. Gonna stay in a positive mindset and enjoy this time of year, friends/family/christmas/new years eve. Do some reflecting on this over the next few weeks, and comeback with a fresh mindset for 2017.

Thank you to everyone on this board, even those I've disagreed with, and the team for an amazing season

I can barely wait to get back to the only season that matters, footy! A heavy CCL injection and we are soaring.

Avoiding these boards and everything TFC for the last 1.5 days (major withdrawal) only made the unpleasant memory dominant. Reading the posts today, all I want to do is sing and drum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in Havana but managed to catch the game at a hotel bar. Thought it was a scrappy battle.

We offered the game more but didn't have our finishing boots on for the day. Think the ref was a bit of coward the way he called it but I don't think that impacted the result.

Nonetheless I think the team should be congratulated on a great season. I never thought we'd make it this far, this soon. The future should be great provided we can keep the core together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game reminded me of Northern Ireland vs Poland in the Euro Cup. With the green team just parking the bus and the red team had everything going forward. Except Poland won that game 1-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally sucked to lose on penalties, as someone said previously, on another night we could of won that game by a couple of goals.

I'm trying to be positive but we won the Eastern Conference beating our rivals in a game that will live long in the memory. Most of the core of the side will be back next year for another go, we're in a good place right now.
    This team's time will come.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post

Seattle fans could apply that some logic to Giovinco.