Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish the announcers would stop talking about Seattle's great game plan. Tied after 90 then won the coin toss we call penalty shots. Great plan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, I'd almost prefer a clear-cut loss, over a loss in the crappiest of crap-shoots - soccer penalties.

We can take pride in the fact that we basically outplayed them for 120 minutes, I guess. Carry this kind of effort over to next season, and we will be back in the final again.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

proud of this team...i dont know if i can handle this 9 mth marathon every year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We dominated but couldn't score. Still proud of this group. That was a season to be proud of. We weren't lucky in the end but we were there. Here's hoping we can libe through another run like this. I'll never forget it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacked energy and didn't play with our usual tempo. Were the better team but couldn't score. One massive save by Frei on that Jozy header.

And let's be honest - Seba hasn't been good for 3 games.

If we had scored, the floodgates would have opened.

I didn't enjoy the penalties at all. Having lived through that live now, not sure I'll want to sit through another live one again.

Proud of the season. Need to sleep and think about this one in a few days.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-10-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle with 0 shots on goal through 120 mins ... MLS Cup Champs 🙄

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only sport in the world you can win a championship doing nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mean. on the one hand after 20 min i was able to uncurl from a ball on the floor. another 20 min and I was able to stop replaying Hurt. granted I've only switched to hallelujah, but still. i have absolutely no comment on the game. but the 2nd half of this season, and this playoff run, have been what I dreamed of for 9 years (year 1 was really just happy to have a team). even in this loss, tfc completely dominated the best mls competition. this teams ambition and talent and workrate are just overwhelming the best teams mls can throw. and now they have some belief. and now they have a fucking bone to pick. i wish next season started on saturday. i can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the penalty fate. Always have. My heart aches and I'm sure will even more so tomorrow when reality hits. Can't wait for 2017.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a single shot on net by Seattle and they win the Cup; get rid of the Penalties and put in Golden Goal that way we can make sure the proper team wins and this travesty doesnt ever happen again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mw83krk View Post
    Seattle with 0 shots on goal through 120 mins ... MLS Cup Champs 
    exactly,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Great run. Hate penalties to decide even if we would have won.
    my thoughts exactly, even if we won it would not have been great
    although if we did win on penalties you could say we deserved to win anyways in regular time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Not a single shot on net by Seattle and they win the Cup; get rid of the Penalties and put in Golden Goal that way we can make sure the proper team wins and this travesty doesnt ever happen again
    Too dangerous for the players. With so many players dying on the field in recent years youre asking for trouble asking players to run endlessly.

Unfortunately we just witnessed another Toronto sports team choke. Tough to accept but that's the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Too dangerous for the players. With so many players dying on the field in recent years youre asking for trouble asking players to run endlessly.

Unfortunately we just witnessed another Toronto sports team choke. Tough to accept but that's the truth.
    No we should expect them do this because to be Champion should not be determined by luck of a coin flip our players should be able to play golden goal for MLS Cup final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Lacked energy and didn't play with our usual tempo. Were the better team but couldn't score. One massive save by Frei on that Jozy header.

And let's be honest - Seba hasn't been good for 3 games.

If we had scored, the floodgates would have opened.

I didn't enjoy the penalties at all. Having lived through that live now, not sure I'll want to sit through another live one again.

Proud of the season. Need to sleep and think about this one in a few days.
    Your right, Giovinco went missing again tonight. For all his talent he wasnt there when we needed him most... And he still had the cheek to throw a tantrum when he was subbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No we should expect them do this because to be Champion should not be determined by luck of a coin flip our players should be able to play golden goal for MLS Cup final
    It's not decided by a coin flip, it's decided by penalties which is very much a skill involved with the game. Personally i'd rather go to a replay. I dont know why this isnt considered in MLS. It's not like it would be hard to schedule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not decided by a coin flip, it's decided by penalties which is very much a skill involved with the game. Personally i'd rather go to a replay. I dont know why this isnt considered in MLS. It's not like it would be hard to schedule
    Will never ever happen.

Look at World Cup Final, Champions League Final, UEFA Cup final, etc.
    Everything is decided by penalties if after 120 minutes is no winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

choke is kinda harsh i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad thing is that 10 years from now nobody in the world will remember, except us, TFC fans, that Seattle won without a shot on goal after 120 minutes.
    Heck, nobody will even remember that TFC was in the final in 2016, but just us, TFC fans.

It's the cruel reality of "the Winner takes all".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is absolutely pathetic that penalties are the solution to a game; so a team can bunker and decide not to shoot all game and become Champions; shows lack of class on the teams part; has to be something that can be done so both teams play and we are rewarded with an important game that can entice fans to come and watch when bunkering this just shows they dont care about proper sportsmanship and will cheat to get ahead

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reject the idea that team choked. The defence and the midfield held. The intensity wasn't there and I suspect they will learn from that. But my definition of choking is a team that gets beat by itself. We did not do that tonight.

There are lessons to be learned from the last 3 games. Too tired and sad to discuss it all now. But choking? No way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is absolutely pathetic that penalties are the solution to a game; so a team can bunker and decide not to shoot all game and become Champions; shows lack of class on the teams part; has to be something that can be done so both teams play and we are rewarded with an important game that can entice fans to come and watch when bunkering this just shows they dont care about proper sportsmanship and will cheat to get ahead
    In the end we were not sharp enough to score...it just ironic the other team was even more toothless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That game hurt. TFC didn't play well at all, and Seba had his worst game in a red jersey. But Seattle were solid - Marshall and Alonso are always good at keeping the game tight in the middle, I'm always impressed with Alonso. And Frei had an outstanding game. It hurts more when a former play comes and does a job on you.

But we will always have the memory of the Eastern Final - this can't take away that memory and it will last with me forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has a team ever won a title without a shot before now. I'd rather TFC have choked than to lose like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    Has a team ever won a title without a shot before now. I'd rather TFC have choked than to lose like that.
    Kurt Larson just tweeted that it's first time in MLS Cup history that a team didn't register a shot on goal. And in this one, they win it.

I'd rather lose like that than by us choking. A Toronto team choking is typical. We didn't choke tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 mins no shots ..we are better..they played for pks..and won

Goodnight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to post comments that i would say myself

"Only sport in the world you can win a championship doing nothing"
    "Seattle with 0 shots on goal through 120 mins ... MLS Cup Champs"
    "Ugh, I'd almost prefer a clear-cut loss, over a loss in the crappiest of crap-shoots - soccer penalties"
    "Hell of a ride, well done to all! Nothing to be ashamed about"
    "This ref has something wrong with him"
    We can take pride in the fact that we basically outplayed them for 120 minutes, I guess. Carry this kind of effort over to next season, and we will be back in the final again."
    "That is absolutely pathetic that penalties are the solution to a game; so a team can bunker and decide not to shoot all game and become Champions; shows lack of class on the teams part; has to be something that can be done so both teams play and we are rewarded with an important game that can entice fans to come and watch when bunkering this just shows they dont care about proper sportsmanship and will cheat to get ahead"
    The better team lost. That simple"
    "
    TFC outplayed Seattle all game. TFC tried to play for the win, Seattle tried to play to penalties. Cynical football. This is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth for a long time"

i will add this: result proved nothing, classic listening to their press conference, how in the world can you be proud of this win if you are seattle
    Last edited by stevep; 12-11-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC were the better team, it was an entertaining season and an excellent foundation for next year. This is sports, sometimes your shots won't go in regardless of how much better you are than the other team, there is always an element of luck, it just so happens this was one of those occasional games when we didn't close the deal. This was far from a choke, it was a dominant performance that was just unlucky. If we play like this again next year, expect another deep playoff run. We got the cities attention and the country's respect, MLSE made a tidy profit from us despite our large budget (due to all those packed home playoff games), I'm looking forward to seeing more fans and season seat holders next year! Onwards and upwards you fighting Reds!