Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Supporters tribute/moment of silence to honour chapecoense before tomorrow's match?

We're all waking up to some terrible news in our extended soccer/football family this morning, as word is out that the Brazilian club Chapeoense were on the chartereted plane that crashed in Colombia.

Despite short notice, I believe it would be fitting to honour/recognize the team with a banner and/or moment of silence before the match tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    We're all waking up to some terrible news in our extended soccer/football family this morning, as word is out that the Brazilian club Chapeoense were on the chartereted plane that crashed in Colombia.

Despite short notice, I believe it would be fitting to honour/recognize the team with a banner and/or moment of silence before the match tomorrow.

This is a must

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    This is a must
    Please do this. All of the SGs should do this tomorrow. Prayers go out to Chapecoense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the club will do something at mid field before kick off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An absolute must.
    An impeccable minute of silence, at minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impeccably observed moment of silence is appropriate. Tribute banner from the supporters could come off as attention-whoring, no matter how well-meaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I think the club will do something at mid field before kick off.
    they tweeted about it this morning so i would imagine a moment of silence will be held before the game for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#Fuerzachape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be tough depending on how the game is going but maybe even a minute of silence at the 75th minute for the 75 people killed?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Might be tough depending on how the game is going but maybe even a minute of silence at the 75th minute for the 75 people killed?
    sorry, no chance at that. This big of a game with the implications as they are falling silent during play won't happen. If anything it will be a moment of silence pre match.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree we should do it,however moment of silence should come from the club officials and MLS,we can be silent ,and I bet you no one will notice,actually people might think we are protesting again.

75th minute is just to much to expect in game like this,it wont happen no matter how hard we try or advertise.

SGs should ask TFC FO to do this,but then again it comes down to MLS if they are going to approve it or not.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think MLS can really interfere much with pre-game ceremony. I have requested info and suggested the moment of silence, I will update in here.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a lovely idea, and I don't mind doing this, but you guys realize that the 50,000 residents of that town will never know that we had a moment of silence. They live in rural Brazil, the chance that a TFC match will be broadcast there is nil. The chance that their media will report on it is nil. Maybe they will hear if a EPL club does it. Maybe. So we're doing it more for us and our feelings than for them. That's reality. So go ahead and do it, but unfortunately it's not going to comfort that town.

Maybe TFC can send their club a condolence card. That would be more meaningful. Or maybe a video of the moment of silence. That would make it actually helpful to the survivors.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-29-2016 at 11:49 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I agree we should do it,however moment of silence should come from the club officials and MLS,we can be silent ,and I bet you no one will notice,actually people might think we are protesting again.

75th minute is just to much to expect in game like this,it wont happen no matter how hard we try or advertise.

SGs should ask TFC FO to do this,but then again it comes down to MLS if they are going to approve it or not.

Yeah, exactly.

The best practice is for the stadium announcer to say why there should be a minute of silence and then proceed with it, where everyone will stay quiet for about a minute. After that, it's on to supporting the team.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's a lovely idea, and I don't mind doing this, but you guys realize that the 50,000 residents of that town will never know that we had a moment of silence. They live in rural Brazil, the chance that a TFC match will be broadcast there is nil. The chance that their media will report on it is nil. Maybe they will hear if a EPL club does it. Maybe. So we're doing it more for us and our feelings than for them. That's reality. So go ahead and do it, but unfortunately it's not going to comfort that town.

Maybe TFC can send their club a condolence card. That would be more meaningful.
    The point isn’t to be seen on TV by the locals, the point is to come together with the football community and show respect for a very tragic incident that has affected the community.

Toronto has a large Brazilian community. So I’m sure they would appreciate the gesture. Showing respect for their fellow countrymen.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be a moment of silence observed by the team pre anthem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very appropriate and welcomed. I imagine that will be done throughout most if not all the matches in world football this weekend too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe wearing a bit of green, the club colour, wouldn't hurt either. Or hang a big green 'C' at one end. Simple, articulate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a major catastrophe in the soccer world, and it would be nice if the clubs/league did more than just a moment of silence (maybe a black ribbon, or a Chape patch on jerseys, or something similar).

EDIT: just saw post above with same point

Have a look at Marca.

http://www.marca.com/en/

Even with a clasico in 4 days, the tragedy is totally dominating their coverage
    Last edited by ensco; 11-29-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately i cant make out what they are chanting, but it would be good to chant this after the moment of silence.

@ChrisFizik make this a thing with the capos if its a good idea.
    Last edited by German21; 11-29-2016 at 06:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by German21 View Post

unfortunately i cant make out what they are chanting, but it would be good to chant this after the moment of silence.

@ChrisFizik make this a thing with the capos if its a good idea.
    Sounds like the anthems will follow right after the expected applause. In any case, I don't think anybody would get what this is.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 11-30-2016 at 08:53 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's
    Ehhhh vamos vamos chape
    Oh oh chape
    Vamos vamos chape
    Ehhhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Sounds like the anthems will follow right after the expected applause. In any case, I don't think anybody would get what this is.
    thats what im hearing, so any suggestions then for when? i've sent out some messages to the other groups to get their ideas on it as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    It's
    Ehhhh vamos vamos chape
    Oh oh chape
    Vamos vamos chape
    Ehhhhh
    So I reheard it over speakers,