Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all the West Coast TFC fans who have come 3,500 km to see this game...enjoy your day. Hope to bump into some of you in Liberty Village pre-game. I'll be the one in red!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is it a tradition that we will play Seattle away to start the league next season? That seemed to be the way it worked the last few years Columbus vs Portland etc.. ? I hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two West Coast games early in the season! 18th March in Vancouver and 6th May in Seattle..I'm going to hit both!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most likely in for both as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In for both as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am also in for both, swore I was done with Seattle after going to Portland last year, but things obviously changed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody know when tickets go on sale for the Vancouver game?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not worry. I will make sure to organize both for everyone here. Once I have more details from both FO's then I will post it here. I'm hoping to get some banners sorted as well for these two games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    Do not worry. I will make sure to organize both for everyone here. Once I have more details from both FO's then I will post it here. I'm hoping to get some banners sorted as well for these two games.
    Knew you'd be on it, thanks! My family is stoked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think we have to come up with some anti Trump themed Tifo....American Carnage..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about "TRUMP IS A COMBED OVER C**T " . a sign on a Scottish hillside overlooking his failed golf course. or

"THE MLS CUP FINAL WAS RIGGED !!"

" MAKE SEATTLE HUMBLE AGAIN"

" BUILD A TEAM AND MAKE SEATTLE PAY FOR IT "

" SEATTLE - LEAST DESERVING CUP WINNERS IN MLS HISTORY "

" SEATTLE -GROUND ZERO FOR SHOTS ON GOAL "

ETC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, let's show some class and not mix politics with the beautiful game, especially with some of our key players being Americans.

A better idea would be to show up with Sony PlayStation banners to the XBOX-sponsored Seattle game.
    Last edited by izzyzz; 01-22-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by izzyzz View Post
    Guys, let's show some class and not mix politics with the beautiful game, especially with some of our key players being Americans.

A better idea would be to show up with Sony PlayStation banners to the XBOX-sponsored Seattle game.
    I agree completely. I think showing up with Playstation banners customized for TFC would be a great way to do it. We have time before that game to plan something.

In other news, I have already been in contact with Whitecaps FO. Tickets should be on sale near the beginning of February. Let as many people know as you can that we will have a designated section for us. Now to think of banner ideas. Maybe something in line with the missing BC salt found in their supporter section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree completely. I think showing up with Playstation banners customized for TFC would be a great way to do it. We have time before that game to plan something.

In other news, I have already been in contact with Whitecaps FO. Tickets should be on sale near the beginning of February. Let as many people know as you can that we will have a designated section for us. Now to think of banner ideas. Maybe something in line with the missing BC salt found in their supporter section.
    I agree with leaving politics out of this. I find it humorous to refer to the Sounders as the Portland Timbers Beta Version, as they are always claiming to be better than Portland and it goes along with the whole xbox/Microsoft theme. TFC 2.0 vs Portland Timbers Beta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shot in the dark here but any of you westsiders plan on trekking out to Utah for the season opener? I'm not able to go to philly the week after so I think I'm gonna head out to salt lake instead. It'd be cool if we could get a group together for that one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Vancouver, something along the lines of a pic of Johnson scoring that goal with

Scoring at 90' + 5 - Priceless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For Vancouver, something along the lines of a pic of Johnson scoring that goal with

Scoring at 90' + 5 - Priceless
    Yes, the Southsiders claim this was the reason that they supported Seattle in MLS Final ... This along with the rain out in Toronto that cost them another CCL spot as well as the miracle in Montreal that was "rigged" really pisses them off. It looks like TFC are their Bogeyman and secretly they hate losing to us more than Cascadia rivals . So a "break a leg" and "break YVR hearts" type of tifo may be appropriate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by izzyzz View Post

I'd bet that we'd get a cheer from the Seattle fans with an anti-Trump Tifo...it could be done very classily. Heck they sing.."You've got Healthcare we've got tanks....dooda doooda" to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy to the Whitecaps fans. Soccer fans in both Seattle and Portland are plenty progressive. Love the Whitecaps banner idea..."1 Broken Leg....20,000 broken hearts"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New email received. Tickets will be $40 for seating in sections 219-221. At the beginning of February I will receive a link for us to make our purchases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New email received. Tickets will be $40 for seating in sections 219-221. At the beginning of February I will receive a link for us to make our purchases.
    Cheers, thanks for doing this !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Southsiders have elected not to attend US games in Portland and Seattle in protest over Trumpism . If they are still in this situation come May when TFC 2 Seattle. I will not attend then in recognition of their efforts. Too bad , I know not to combine sports and politics but this is not political statement; this recognizes that we have a very dangerous administration in place and travel must be cautious, particularly if you are not WASP.
    ????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no issues combining politics and soccer, ever since I saw 100,000 Scots booing Margaret Thatcher at Hampden...I've been good with it. I'll likely still go to Seattle because I know that the Seattle fans are about as politically progressive as any group. I'll be there to encourage them in their resistance to this scumbag of a President they have been saddled with. A "Resitance" TIFO is definitely on - let's go there to make friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to make my first US road trip this year to NY or Columbus but given the current climate in the US, I'm not sure if I will do so. I have a trip to the states in a few weeks, depending on how that goes might influence my decision to possibly head to the US for TFC. I already know I can't do MTL away in August so I may not do any away trips at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I have no issues combining politics and soccer, ever since I saw 100,000 Scots booing Margaret Thatcher at Hampden...I've been good with it. I'll likely still go to Seattle because I know that the Seattle fans are about as politically progressive as any group. I'll be there to encourage them in their resistance to this scumbag of a President they have been saddled with. A "Resitance" TIFO is definitely on - let's go there to make friends.
    Well said... I now agree with a resistance/solidarity TIFO as Washington and Oregon appear to be challenging Drumpf. Southsiders are staying home as an SG for the duration of the muslim ban as some of them may be denied entry to USA. Lets see what happens- may be an impeachment before MAY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver start time now announced. 1 local, 4 Toronto. Makes for a challenging pre-drink and also an early ferry or night before journey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on tickets yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkInVictoria View Post
    Vancouver start time now announced. 1 local, 4 Toronto. Makes for a challenging pre-drink and also an early ferry or night before journey.
    Yup, my group is going to have to catch a 7am ferry to Swartz to catch a throughfare, the direct ferry won't get us there in time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time is now!!!

Please feel free to purchase Visiting Supporters Tickets here through this link https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/whi...136a9283ec5128 with the promo code TFCAWAY.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time is now!!!

Please feel free to purchase Visiting Supporters Tickets here through this link https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/whi...136a9283ec5128 with the promo code TFCAWAY.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
    Thats amazing!! Just booked my flight! Thanks for setting this up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In for three - Vancouver Island TFC Supporters Club! On the road again!