Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

manly tears were shed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Hope Shoppers Drug Mart is ready for the infusion of 25,000 people who are going to need cold medication tomorrow.
    It was truly pleasant under the roof. We were warm and dry.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't know how many noticed it but Vanney changed formation after Giovinco went out, and that changed formation enabled the game-winning goal by unbalancing Montreal's defense.
    Hate to lose him, but hes a future usmnt coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julz10 View Post
    HOLY WHAT A GAME!!!!
    It had it all, not gonna lie I was a bit afraid when Giovinco went off. This game had so many emotions, even the fireworks guy got trigger happy and let one off randomly!!
    I thought it was on purpose, it was at the same time as the impact player took the shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone slap this grin off my face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can imagine Cheyrou retiring after this season on the biggest high of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere was un-fucking-believable. The whole stadium was standing the entire game it seemed like, I think I sat down for maybe 10 minutes total... the whole stadium chanting in unison... absolutely incredible.

I thought our back line really settled after Montreal got their 2nd. Bad on our part and a fluky goal overall, but we were pretty damn good after that. I saw a lot of important tackles, clearances, interceptions from everyone on the back line after that point, especially Hagglund, he was lights out in the 2nd half. Completely neutralized Drogba with his aerial presence for the rest of the game, I don't know if there's another defender in the league who can do that. The boy can jump. He flew for his goal.

Altidore, I don't even know where to start. The guy has fucking ascended. "Wanting it more" is one of the most tired sports cliches I can think of, but fuck me if Altidore didn't want it more tonight. Never seen a player hustle like that for 120 minutes and be so effective. He's our playoff MVP by a god damn mile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never want to be put to the test of emotions like this again. My heart couldn't take it any more . See u all Dec 10 ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, what a night! Couldn't ask for a better game with record breaking television numbers across the nation.

Amazing to see the whole stadium standing for the majority of the game. East stand got into "When the Reds go marching in" as well.

It was about 3 person per seat in 114. Everybody was standing on their chairs. Never seen it so packed before.

What a night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speechless....literally...lost my voice. It was awesome to be a part of TFC history tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a pretty good soccer match

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From three down minutes into last weeks first leg to tonight's extra time. It really is unbelievable. Pinch me now. 10 years in the making.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I almost threw up tonight. What an insane semi final. One for the history books and we are on the right side of it
    I had to sit down for a second...when montreal tied the game at 2...I thought i was going to throw up...and then i heard a voice yell out over 112.....come boys!!!! Our team need us NOW!!!!!! I got right back at it!!

What incredable night....Im accualy speechless....and cant say what i want....Proud of the Team...and So Proud of all my RPB bros!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight felt like the end of Fever Pitch. it was that effervescent, that perfect, that freeing. I'm still struggling with it all.

I'm going to rewatch that movie right now, in fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the fact that it was the little guys who did the job tonight. Haglund's header on the first goal saved an rebounded to Cooper...Altidore...(Ok no little) has bloomed as player at TFC, Haglund scoring the equalizer, Beiteshour's cross to Cheroux and scoring the winner, Rickets scoring the clincher from Altidore. What a total pleasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we gotta find a place to watch it in Vic, Hamilton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Better than that wet night in Montreal seven years ago? I think so.

I'd love to get my hands on photos of Oduro and Patti telling fans to be quiet after their goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Wow. Better than that wet night in Montreal seven years ago? I think so.

I'd love to get my hands on photos of Oduro and Patti telling fans to be quiet after their goals.
    I'd love to get my hands on a video of Olympic Stadium singing nananana nananana hey hey hey goodbye.

I'll add it to my collection (Vancouver in Voyageurs cup a few years back)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    manly tears were shed.
    RCR reference?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oduro was really offside on Montreal's 2nd goal BTW. I saw a few Montreal fans bitching about other calls, so I just wanted to mention that. Although Piatti scored the goal, Oduro physically prevented Beitashour from stopping the shot. So Oduro was involved in the play & should have been whistled offside.

I plan to rewatch the whole game on the weekend, on MLS Live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant sleep.lets pull a all nighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even believe that happened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fucking amazing night. BMO was rocking tonight. I had to sit down a few time because my heart rate was sky high. Cooper played an amazing shutdown game tonight. Bradley, though he made a few rough passes was a true General in our third of the pitch. Altidore, shit, I don't know what to say other than I would like to publicly apologize for every harsh critical word I said about him after the Whitecaps home loss. He has taken this team on his back and ran with it.

I have never heard BMO so loud as it was tonight. Right after their 2nd goal when the TFC chant started around the pitch I had shivers up my spine. I was late getting into work tonight after the game and I haven't spoken a word yet. Not by choice but I physically cannot speak without it hurting like hell and coming out as a groan. I cannot wait until the 10th. Lets show them how loud we really are!! Until then, someone please pass the Halls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So happy for Cherry-you. Barely played all season but he's been immense whenever he's been on the field. Was a huge part of those B-teams that sent us to the CCL and tonight he sends us to MLS Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an amazing night for Toronto, MLS, and Canadian soccer in general. Huge props to Montreal too; they had some great atmosphere in their barn as well and came to play the entire series. Hopefully, the ten days rest gives Seba enough time to heal substantially and make an impact on the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I literally didn't get off the floor for a solid 20 to 30 min after the game ended. I have no idea how the players held up but that damn near killed me. Absolutely completely spent. I'm so so so so so tempted to fly back home for the cup... first time since moving here I've really regretted being so far away. what a day.

also offtopicish- hats off to the grounds crew. Grey cup just days ago, in the pouring rain, 120 minutes. That pitch was fantastic. If that's the worst case scenario for the grass, I'm very very very happy. I think the BMO crew may have to go to Wembley and teach them how to do it (and whatever new soldier field's called, and new three rivers. god. it's been hours and my brain still is fried from this game)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just woke up hung over. AND I'M STILL LOVIN' THIS!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something that really has me shaking my head is that we played them 5 times, and even though we got those two late goals in Montreal, we never really broke them down in any game until the first goal last night, which opened the floodgates.

We exploded their back four, 5 goals on crosses in 65 minutes.

That August game where Montreal beat us when we were up a man, we all ripped Vanney for sticking with crosses that weren't working. He knew something we didn't, I tip my hat to him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, last night we watched Jozy turn into a comic book hero. I felt like I was watching this for 120 min.

https://youtu.be/o5g3K7_rS7Q
    Last edited by Initial B; 12-01-2016 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)