Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

Calling TFC supporters "smug" or "arrogant" in 2016 is just laughable. Ten years in the wilderness doesn't leave much room for arrogance.
    This. The fact is in 2007 we were smug and arrogant. Even some supporters here would go on other teams supporter's boards (especially on Big Soccer) and tell them how we were so much better than theirs. We were arrogant jerks and deserved a time in the wilderness (as you said). We got what we deserved, and then some.

Over the years we lost that arrogance, and frankly some other teams built better support than we had as we struggled. So many supporters and fans cracked up, gave up, and said "I can't take it any more!" (I came close just before Mariner was fired myself). Those of us who stubbornly hung on said "it will be so much sweeter that we stuck it out when we finally have a winning team" but by the time Mariner was exiting that felt like bravado more than reality.

Then we started using the chant the "Reds go marching in" with the line "we'll never give up till we won the cup." "Yeah, right I thought." Yet here we are, and the unbelievable has come so close, and not only has TFC come to the cup final but it's at home! This is a dream that goes beyond my faint hopes of some day making the playoffs. This is the dream scenario where it could actually all come true and our club wins the cup in front of all of us.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-02-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    For me I was most impressed by Portland's fans. Their supporters section was full 45minutes before kick-off and loud as hell. They are the benchmark for everyone. Seattle is excellent as well and they get the biggest numbers. Toronto - this year we have recovered the damage done by many years in the wilderness - but we have to get over the problem of trickling in after kick-off in the regular season. This play-off run goes a long way to re-establishing TFC support back to the top of the league & next season will be the test. Saturday the 10th and BMO will be a cauldron - we will carry these lads to victory no doubt.
    In all fairness, there are two legitimate reasons why fans are trickling in after kick off.

1. There is no 509 or 511 streetcars running to the Exhibition Loop all year (minus the 401 Derhy game during CNE)

2. Some people are going to be late during weekdays because of commute+rush hour.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This is a dream that goes beyond my faint hopes of some day making the playoffs. This is the dream scenario where it could actually all come true and our club wins the cup in front of all of us.
    And we got through Montreal to get there! Imagine if we knocked out Columbus in the first round...
    Last edited by grizzle; 12-02-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    was that Larry Tannenbaum on the podium beside Bradley jumping up and down with the team? Nice if it was him. Looked very happy.
    MLSE hasn't had a team win a conference since 67. It's pretty massive for them for this to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    A lot of residual bitterness at the fawning press TFC's support got in the first couple of years when a minority of people, to be fair, WERE a little smug. I also know supporters of Columbus are still bitter about that infamous "kerfuffle" that happened at their stadium several years ago.

And it isn't everyone. I did a tour around BigSoccer, and the majority of comments I saw were actually pulling for us, and/or stating that we deserved it after so many years of futility.

Calling TFC supporters "smug" or "arrogant" in 2016 is just laughable. Ten years in the wilderness doesn't leave much room for arrogance.
    If anything, our fan base is the most humbled and pessimistic group of supporters in the league based on our history, LOL.

Although the pessimism is beginning to wane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    MLSE hasn't had a team win a conference since 67. It's pretty massive for them for this to happen.
    That was way before MLSE, they've never had a finalist team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Every team seems to have one of those guys. Funny though, you wouldn't think it would be him at first appearance.
    is that really something to pick out?

Its as much cultural as it is his belief system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    btw props to Tosaint Ricketts for going and getting the Brazil flag from one of the supporters (props to him too!) right after the final whistle
    what a class act

he has the potential to be the next Joe Carter or Pinball Clemons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    That was way before MLSE, they've never had a finalist team
    they still inherit the history of what they have. lets not play semantics here, Larry precedes the MLSE organization name.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Haven't the Marlies won something, though does that even count?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Haven't the Marlies won something, though does that even count?
    Yeah actually I guess the Marlies won the Western Conference a couple years ago, but still that's just not quite the same achievement

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Yeah actually I guess the Marlies won the Western Conference a couple years ago, but still that's just not quite the same achievement
    Agreed. 1st division vs 2nd division team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My voice is still shot today - sounds like I've been smoking all my life. I'm pushing it at work a bit "oh I've got a cold". Those who know me know why I've lost my voice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

Well fair, but I find those guys tend to be a bit older and less "trendy". Just an observation no science behind it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well fair, but I find those guys tend to be a bit older and less "trendy". Just an observation no science behind it.
    Have you not seen the MLS Draft live-stream before? Almost every young player drafted to a team "thanks god/Jesus/whoever spiritual they follow" - and they always look like little hoodies with tats and weird hair cuts. "Look" has nothing to do with belief in somebody-or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot express how amazing Wednesday night was for me as a season seat holder since 2007. No matter what happens in the MLS Cup final, this was the best and likely the most incredible night we will ever have.

I am so proud to see such a great soccer team in this city, filled with players who love to play here and filled with Canadians that play for our team. Listening to the applause when Ricketts came on, watching him in tears as he scored the goal of his life. Us cheering on Giovinco battling through an injury and essentially lifting him onto his feet. It was a beautiful moment. So many times I stood in the south end and looked up at the east and west ends and could not believe every single person was standing and jumping making noise. To have all 36,000 fans stay to the very end and cheer on the club, beat our rival and make an MLS Cup final is just amazing. Re-watching the game again on youtube last night I could not believe how loud we were and how incredible the fans looked all packed into our seats standing the entire match. This was unforgettable and truly the best night ever

Toronto til I die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    My voice is still shot today - sounds like I've been smoking all my life. I'm pushing it at work a bit "oh I've got a cold". Those who know me know why I've lost my voice
    Mine too. But I'm blaming it on a bad cough and cold so people have sympathy for me and give me less work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    I cannot express how amazing Wednesday night was for me as a season seat holder since 2007. No matter what happens in the MLS Cup final, this was the best and likely the most incredible night we will ever have.

I am so proud to see such a great soccer team in this city, filled with players who love to play here and filled with Canadians that play for our team. Listening to the applause when Ricketts came on, watching him in tears as he scored the goal of his life. Us cheering on Giovinco battling through an injury and essentially lifting him onto his feet. It was a beautiful moment. So many times I stood in the south end and looked up at the east and west ends and could not believe every single person was standing and jumping making noise. To have all 36,000 fans stay to the very end and cheer on the club, beat our rival and make an MLS Cup final is just amazing. Re-watching the game again on youtube last night I could not believe how loud we were and how incredible the fans looked all packed into our seats standing the entire match. This was unforgettable and truly the best night ever

Toronto til I die
    re watching it still gave me anxiety, as if its not real

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This. The fact is in 2007 we were smug and arrogant. Even some supporters here would go on other teams supporter's boards (especially on Big Soccer) and tell them how we were so much better than theirs. We were arrogant jerks and deserved a time in the wilderness (as you said). We got what we deserved, and then some.

Over the years we lost that arrogance, and frankly some other teams built better support than we had as we struggled. So many supporters and fans cracked up, gave up, and said "I can't take it any more!" (I came close just before Mariner was fired myself). Those of us who stubbornly hung on said "it will be so much sweeter that we stuck it out when we finally have a winning team" but by the time Mariner was exiting that felt like bravado more than reality.

Then we started using the chant the "Reds go marching in" with the line "we'll never give up till we won the cup." "Yeah, right I thought." Yet here we are, and the unbelievable has come so close, and not only has TFC come to the cup final but it's at home! This is a dream that goes beyond my faint hopes of some day making the playoffs. This is the dream scenario where it could actually all come true and our club wins the cup in front of all of us.

Been awhile since I posted much, but I too have been with the team from Day 1. Highs and lows with way more lows it seemed sometimes. Oldtimer, could not have said it better myself. The day we have so longed for is upon us.
    Wednesday night was the kind of moment you are a football supporter for. The crowd, the team, the drama. That game had it all and is a night I won't ever forget.
    Finally, have to give props to Montreal. Football, and nights like Wednesday are far less significant without a solid rivalry and it is a great thing to have. Both teams came out swinging and put on a show for both sets of fans as well as the neutrals. Well done to Montreal and can't wait to sink them again next year!

Not sure how I can wait until the 10th, see you all there, loud and proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

It is. He obviously believes that god exists, fine, not my thing, but his, he's welcome to that. But then to suggest god helped them because he likes TFC players and fans more than Montreal players and fans? Cringe. Save that stuff for home, not TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been to many soccer games over the years, both in England and here and I can safely say the game on Wednesday is the best I have ever seen. Both my girlfriend and I felt totally emotionally drained at the end of the game. And I think I have finally converted her to being a true TFC fan after attending many games just to keep me company. Every game we attended this year we watched in the south end directly behind the goal. I love it there but she is not a big fan due to a few idiots around us who irritate her. This game we could not get in the south end because of the ticket checks so we had to go to our seats way at the top of 209.
    I was not at all pleased to have to do that but to my surprise I had an absolute blast up there. I was delighted to see every single person standing and singing the entire game, it was awesome. And my girlfriend loved it which totally made my day.
    I keep watching the game highlights over and over on MLS.com and every single time I choke up and fight back the tears.
    Cannot wait until Dec 10th to do it all over again. This time in section 109 row 11 so she will be happy again :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really disdain that post by Oldtimer, and no disrespect here but this is why........

-----Drunk post warning. I never post in here, sober-----

Look, We were arrogant because we had to be. Many of us had been to hundreds of actual football games in Europe supporting our home teams and saw this as an opportunity to build something close to what we'd left behind. The immigrant community in Ontario and I'll include myself in that demographic had long been overlooked by the media. Soccer was ignored despite the fact that there was indeed a massive market. We were supposed to cast aside our game and go watch hockey, be canadian and all that, which is a bit much if you ask me. We had footy/soccer/futbol in our blood and we craved a real team. It was incredible to meet them all, Canadian fans with lineage in far off lands, fellow brits of every club, Italians, Portuguese, Croatians, Turks, Dutch, people from fucking everywhere and not just 'people' but hard ass supporters who'd been to hard ass games and knew exactly how to support a team. It was amazing, Some of us had even been to the same games for opposing teams in the eighties and nineties and we were coming together to combine everything we knew and make something special . Yes we were arrogant. We were not the USL supporting, acne faced fanboys that people thought we were and we had to let them know that. We needed to be respected. It really wasn't a time to be humble. We knew that we had to be the loudmouthed, cocksure jerk at the party because the alternative was standing against the wall watching some other loudmouth, cocksure jerk get the girl.

The MLS was shit. It wasn't the league we wanted our new club to play in. There were games being played on gridiron in empty stadiums. The skill level was appalling, games were dire to watch and the atmosphere was non existent. We already knew we were going to be the best fans in the MLS because we only had to do what we'd been doing already, back home, and it would be ten times more interesting than whatever was going on on the strangely marked plastic carpets beneath us. Christ, we only had to clap our hands every time a player did something good and we'd have been the best fans in the league. We didnt need to wait until opening day to know this, so sure, we were arrogant.

Which brings me onto the next thing. The startling lack of ambition seen from a sizeable group of home-grown supporters (not the majority by any means) and also from FO. They got the city to build a Soccer Specific Stadium with the caveat that it would be rented it out in advance of the season, for everything but soccer. Our soccer specific stadium hosted dog shows, frisbee league, rock concerts, axe throwing, fucking robot wars..I dont know, but the point is they weren't taking it seriously. The excessive use meant that we had ridiculously bad fieldturf shoved on us and while a bunch of people with no ambition thought that was going to be just fine. They called us arrogant because we expected a professional surface and we believed our team was going to be huge, and in order to be huge it had to attract huge players, and huge players don't play on fucking field-turf if they have a choice (and usually they do). So yes, we were arrogant then too.

Everyone thought we were arrogant about how successful we were going to be and we didn't care, because we knew that come opening day we would show them what it's all about. And on opening day, 2007 we did exactly that. We lost 1-0 in what might have been one of the dullest games yet while at the same time completely raised the bar in North American soccer supportership. We put an MLS game on TV that sounded like an actual European football game. We were the spectacle. We were validating soccer in Toronto, in Canada, in MLS. We opened a lot of sleepy eyes and turned a lot of fucking heads that day and it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for one thing. Arrogance. You see, Despite the fact that our team was falling all over the pitch and hadnt scored a goal in four games, we were waving our scarves and singing out loud and stomping on that tin bucket that BMO was. We were arrogant, loud, boisterous and we were the best fans in the league and no team in MLS could match us.

At this point I want to shout out to the road warriors,who were laying the foundation even prior to opening day. No fans travelled the great distances in MLS, but Toronto fans would arrogantly come all the way from fucking Canada in to your American stadium and arrogantly out shout your popcorn munching fans and get all the camera attention despite the fact that yes, our team was stinking up the gridiron, plastic pitch. Well done you guys, you were and are an example to the league and I am a lesser fan for never having travelled to the states with you.

Game after game we sucked. but it didnt matter. Our arrogance got us through and slowly but surely our arrogance pulled MLS out of the mediocre mentality it was cursed with. If in the last ten years another team has come along and done what we did but better, that is because back in 2007 we were showing them all that it could be done.

If we had been an american team, we would have immediately been the money team. We would have had a grass field, an exclusive stadium and two designated players in 2008. Instead we had Tom Anselmi explaining to us on tv that we didnt need a designated player because wed already sold all the tickets.

We did not deserve the mediocrity that followed. That wasnt karma. That was just mismanagement and shit and I wont have the blame for those bleak years blamed on the arrogance of supporters who would not accept that mediocrity. Those supporters froze the prices of the tickets. those supporters got us a grass surface, and eventually decent designated players. At each time they were chastised for their arrogance and if that arrogance waned, it might be because of age and exhaustion or it might be that we raised the league to our level and our arrogance doesn't seem so prominent any more.

Oh yeah, the Argos fans called us arrogant too, but they couldn't fill a cinema.

Our growth was slow and incremental, but we would have folded in year five and the Argos would be the main tenant at BMO were it not for our arrogance. so yeah, you're welcome.

Real arrogance in my mind would be telling experienced supporters that they know nothing about football because they couldn't buy into Aaron Winter's genius master plan.

Arrogance was naming my son Tor, after Toronto, and telling him its because he's going to be a winner. Hahahaha.

See you on the tenth boys and girls. I'm proud of you all. Bring your arrogance and let's do this thing!
    Last edited by ExiledRed; 12-02-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I really disdain that post by Oldtimer, and no disrespect here but this is why........

-----Drunk post warning. I never post in here, sober-----

Look, We were arrogant because we had to be. Many of us had been to hundreds of actual football games in Europe supporting our home teams and saw this as an opportunity to build something close to what we'd left behind. The immigrant community in Ontario and I'll include myself in that demographic had long been overlooked by the media. Soccer was ignored despite the fact that there was indeed a massive market. We were supposed to cast aside our game and go watch hockey, be canadian and all that, which is a bit much if you ask me. We had footy/soccer/futbol in our blood and we craved a real team. It was incredible to meet them all, Canadian fans with lineage in far off lands, fellow brits of every club, Italians, Portuguese, Croatians, Turks, Dutch, people from fucking everywhere and not just 'people' but hard ass supporters who'd been to hard ass games and knew exactly how to support a team. It was amazing, Some of us had even been to the same games for opposing teams in the eighties and nineties and we were coming together to combine everything we knew and make something special . Yes we were arrogant. We were not the USL supporting, acne faced fanboys that people thought we were and we had to let them know that. We needed to be respected. It really wasn't a time to be humble. We knew that we had to be the loudmouthed, cocksure jerk at the party because the alternative was standing against the wall watching some other loudmouth, cocksure jerk get the girl.

The MLS was shit. It wasn't the league we wanted our new club to play in. There were games being played on gridiron in empty stadiums. The skill level was appalling, games were dire to watch and the atmosphere was non existent. We already knew we were going to be the best fans in the MLS because we only had to do what we'd been doing already, back home, and it would be ten times more interesting than whatever was going on on the strangely marked plastic carpets beneath us. Christ, we only had to clap our hands every time a player did something good and we'd have been the best fans in the league. We didnt need to wait until opening day to know this, so sure, we were arrogant.

Which brings me onto the next thing. The startling lack of ambition seen from a sizeable group of home-grown supporters (not the majority by any means) and also from FO. They got the city to build a Soccer Specific Stadium with the caveat that it would be rented it out in advance of the season, for everything but soccer. Our soccer specific stadium hosted dog shows, frisbee league, rock concerts, axe throwing, fucking robot wars..I dont know, but the point is they weren't taking it seriously. The excessive use meant that we had ridiculously bad fieldturf shoved on us and while a bunch of people with no ambition thought that was going to be just fine. They called us arrogant because we expected a professional surface and we believed our team was going to be huge, and in order to be huge it had to attract huge players, and huge players don't play on fucking field-turf if they have a choice (and usually they do). So yes, we were arrogant then too.

Everyone thought we were arrogant about how successful we were going to be and we didn't care, because we knew that come opening day we would show them what it's all about. And on opening day, 2007 we did exactly that. We lost 1-0 in what might have been one of the dullest games yet while at the same time completely raised the bar in North American soccer supportership. We put an MLS game on TV that sounded like an actual European football game. We were the spectacle. We were validating soccer in Toronto, in Canada, in MLS. We opened a lot of sleepy eyes and turned a lot of fucking heads that day and it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for one thing. Arrogance. You see, Despite the fact that our team was falling all over the pitch and hadnt scored a goal in four games, we were waving our scarves and singing out loud and stomping on that tin bucket that BMO was. We were arrogant, loud, boisterous and we were the best fans in the league and no team in MLS could match us.

At this point I want to shout out to the road warriors,who were laying the foundation even prior to opening day. No fans travelled the great distances in MLS, but Toronto fans would arrogantly come all the way from fucking Canada in to your American stadium and arrogantly out shout your popcorn munching fans and get all the camera attention despite the fact that yes, our team was stinking up the gridiron, plastic pitch. Well done you guys, you were and are an example to the league and I am a lesser fan for never having travelled to the states with you.

Game after game we sucked. but it didnt matter. Our arrogance got us through and slowly but surely our arrogance pulled MLS out of the mediocre mentality it was cursed with. If in the last ten years another team has come along and done what we did but better, that is because back in 2007 we were showing them all that it could be done.

If we had been an american team, we would have immediately been the money team. We would have had a grass field, an exclusive stadium and two designated players in 2008. Instead we had Tom Anselmi explaining to us on tv that we didnt need a designated player because wed already sold all the tickets.

We did not deserve the mediocrity that followed. That wasnt karma. That was just mismanagement and shit and I wont have the blame for those bleak years blamed on the arrogance of supporters who would not accept that mediocrity. Those supporters froze the prices of the tickets. those supporters got us a grass surface, and eventually decent designated players. At each time they were chastised for their arrogance and if that arrogance waned, it might be because of age and exhaustion or it might be that we raised the league to our level and our arrogance doesn't seem so prominent any more.

Oh yeah, the Argos fans called us arrogant too, but they couldn't fill a cinema.

Our growth was slow and incremental, but we would have folded in year five and the Argos would be the main tenant at BMO were it not for our arrogance. so yeah, you're welcome.

Real arrogance in my mind would be telling experienced supporters that they know nothing about football because they couldn't buy into Aaron Winter's genius master plan.

Arrogance was naming my son Tor, after Toronto, and telling him its because he's going to be a winner. Hahahaha.

See you on the tenth boys and girls. I'm proud of you all. Bring your arrogance and let's do this thing!
    That about sums it up I'd say!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exiled Red...So well written and spot on!

You are missed on this board.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Exiled, your post is inspirational in it's own way. No disrespect taken.

My post wasn't describing hard core football fans in the 80's and 90's. I was one too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ER's post reminds me of the debate we had a lot in the early days - did the TFC "thing" happen because of the authentic supporters culture, or because of the Beckham effect? (for those who weren't around, Beckham signed with LA in early 2007, and TFC SSH sales went from 7K to 14K or something in a week).

I think, with hindsight, it's what ER says - in football, it always was, and always is, and always will be, the support. It was always legit here. Always. (Manning gets this btw, in a way that previous managements never did - it's why he got the league to spare the south end the bomb that was dropped on the rest of the SSHs today)

Peddie et al had no clue as to what had actually happened back in 2007. Which is why it went to hell.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-02-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's most of the match from Eurosport if you want to hear it called by some English announcers...

First Half = http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2...inals-2nd-leg/

Second Half +Extra Time = http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2...als-2nd-leg/2/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Thanks for that Exiled - completely just pumped me up again after it's taken over 48 hours to get my blood pressure back to normal...

2) Kudos/congrats to MTL for an absolutely amazing season and amazing series. Would have been pulling for them if it were them in Seattle

3) Anyone who ever dissed Jozy, well, yeah you've already apologized. So the moral of the story here - stop bashing players like the last game they played is all you can judge them by. Things come in ebbs and flows.

4) 113 was absolutely filled with tourists not chanting or singing, eating poutine with their gf's/bf's, just lapping in the spectacle without adding to it. Thank god the entire stadium decided to show up and create the BEST atmosphere since the seat cushion toss-off. Hoping that the league-enforced ticketing situation for the final will not dampen what has been a spine-tingling, Toronto sports scene revolutionizing moment

5) Thanks to all the RPB brass, members, long-time supporter and BELIEVERS for all the incredible dedication over the years. If ever there was a pay-off I do indeed believe that Wednesday night was it. Not matter what happens on Dec 10th, I'll never forget the incredible occasion that was TFC v IMFC, Leg 2 for the Eastern Conference Championship.

6) I've heard people on the board whine for years about players not putting in an effort worthy of the badge. Well, I have to say after what I saw on Wednesday night, I'd reluctantly have to agree with you. Never have I seen a TFC team put up a battle like that. Not anything close in 10 years...

Ok, obviously everyone is super-pumped and positive right now, but a few pieces of critique that I feel could be ironed out. This is delivered with the upmost respect, just thinking we can do even better come Dec 10th

150% love towards the capo/drumming in 112, but we messed up/were behind on a lot of stuff coming from 113/114/115 on the night. It's actually hard to believe, but we would have been even louder if we could have all gotten on the same page. The fact that the whole stadium was buzzing louder than year 1 decibels certainly made it tough.

Specifically, there were times where the capo's in 113/114/115 were announcing what chant they were about to start, and we mistook it for they'd already started the chant, or a different chant altogether (too many ole/allez/Oh's to keep track of). Obviously the vantage point in the first rows is not quite as good as rows 7 through 10, but there was a lot of off-beat chanting/drumming coming from our section.

Some of our usually loudest chants actually had trouble taking off because of the mish-mash (Bounce, Just Can't Seem to Get Enough...) After our 2nd goal in particular we didn't really seem to get anything coordinated enough to keep it reverberating around the stadium.

Alright - enough of that. It was still the best atmosphere of all time at BMO! Hoping the seating situation on Dec 10th ensures that it is the 2nd best atmosphere of all time at BMO!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this pic of Clint in the smoke.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those looking for a way to re-watch the game,
    Someone posted it here (for now):