View Poll Results: Where would you choose?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMO Field: Home is where the heart is

149 91.41%
  • Skydome: Warmth in numbers, expose the culture

14 8.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    You guys are really very confident that Montreal is in the bag...
    Yes,and that Seattle will beat Colorado too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are really very confident that Montreal is in the bag...
    well...why not another poll...if by some act of God Montreal kicks us to the curb and goes through...will you or will you not wear the bleu for the Cup Final?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not wearing Montreal blue ever. Was so happy when Club America beat them in the champions league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    well...why not another poll...if by some act of God Montreal kicks us to the curb and goes through...will you or will you not wear the bleu for the Cup Final?

This is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather drink my own piss than support them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot me now, that will never happen for the life of me. Funny thing is I was going through my closest and found a KIA L'impact toque I guess I ended up with from the regular season finale last year LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEVER

1. TFC is the first Canadian team to win the MLS cup

2. TFC is the first MLS team to win CONCACAF Champions League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That kind of talk might get you a timeout from the board! That's the worst kind of trolling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill try later to find a source but the changes to the Skydome infield also put the seats into baseball mode permanently. So soccer or cfl for that matter can not be played in Skydome anymore. Not an option.

That said, There were no changes on BMO field west side bathrooms and water systems, BMO is NOT winterized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Shoot me now, that will never happen for the life of me. Funny thing is I was going through my closest and found a KIA L'impact toque I guess I ended up with from the regular season finale last year LOL
    Got a few of these too. Is burning them considered good or bad juju?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    Ill try later to find a source but the changes to the Skydome infield also put the seats into baseball mode permanently. So soccer or cfl for that matter can not be played in Skydome anymore. Not an option.

That said, There were no changes on BMO field west side bathrooms and water systems, BMO is NOT winterized.
    What are they planning to do for the Heritage Classic? Port-potties?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill try later to find a source but the changes to the Skydome infield also put the seats into baseball mode permanently. So soccer or cfl for that matter can not be played in Skydome anymore...
    This article
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle28699919/
    from earlier in the year when some of the concrete floor was broken up for the new dirt infield claimed that:
    Rogers Centre will now permanently be in “baseball mode.”
    But if you look at Ticketmaster for the list of upcoming events, there are Supercross and Monster Truck shows with seats apparently in the former football/soccer configuration, so maybe the seats can still be moved after all?
    Regardless of whether or not the seats can still be moved, I don't think anyone has any intention of using Rogers Centre for soccer or (gridiron) football again since the Argos left and BMO was expanded. I think a Brazil/Chile game three years ago (Nov. 19, 2013, when the temporary grass tore up in "pizza box" sized pieces) was the last soccer match there.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/braz...ndly-1.2432953

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Yes. Opening the food building and the Rexall Centre can only do so much, err, overflow, from the crowd size.

there has to be contingencies in place to allow for use of BMO Field. Dont what they are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Suppppper curious to know if TFC wins the rights to host the final, considering the date/weather (or maybe it doesn't matter to you) would you want the final at BMO 35K+ or at Skydome 50K+?
    Wow - if I did not know better, I might accuse SHWAY as being an MLSE marketing mole or MLSE accounting shill, but of of course I know better - they are all DEAD. What kind of question is this? "Curious to know if you want to play at home at BMO field, on real grass, where MLSE can have a packed stadium but only sell 37K worth of tickets, or shall we play on the road, on fucking astroturf, with a deadened atmosphere, that would give a big advantage to the opposition, but would put WAY MORE BUCKS in the pocket of MLSE....?" Hmmmm.... let me think about that for like one tenth of one nano-second... WTF??? From someone on the boards since 2008? To answer the question... uh no - BMO is the only field ever - put a foot of snow on the ground - it is still home. Let Seattle suck up the snow and the cold just like we had to put up with circa 1980 astroturf in Montreal... I probably have not logged on in a year, but this post gets up my nose - really from someone from 2008?? Interesting...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    No, they recommend you hit the can at Joe's before going to the game...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Not even a conversation..
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without question BMO Field. Anywhere else is a choice made on pure greed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this for real?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

long range Toronto weather forecast for December 10 is sunny with a high of -1 low -4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    long range Toronto weather forecast for December 10 is sunny with a high of -1 low -4
    Don't believe any forecasts you read yet. I say that as someone who has run a few marathons and watched the weather reports leading into them in OCD like fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you certain? That makes no sense. As a decision, not your reporting of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope the Sky dome doesn't even enter the conversation but lets just get past Wednesday first!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happens if we get another mid-winter CCL game? If Skydome is permanently out, I can't see BMO holding up to February weather no matter how advanced the undersoil heating system is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admin needs to card for trolling here...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admin needs to card for trolling here...
    It's a fair question. Not necessarily trolling (the poster's motives are not obvious). Just like in hockey, there are fans who after their own team gets kicked out will support the last Canadian team standing.

Others would rather drink water from Flint than support Montreal. To each his own.

It is off-topic though.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The seats apparently can still be moved into what was the football/soccer mode. But it likely will now only happen once or twice a year during the winter for things like the previously mentioned Supercross and Monster Truck shows, and not at all during baseball season. After they set-up everything for baseball in the spring, it's now too difficult and would take too long to change everything back and forth. There might still be occasional other events like a big concert there in the summer, but with the seats still in the baseball configuration.
    I think it's also possible that Rogers Centre now only has the artificial turf for baseball, meaning someone wanting to use the stadium for another sport during the winter would have to provide their own playing surface to put on top of the concrete and metal plating. I would think that is not very likely to happen as it would be too expensive for a one-off event, or some old worn out stuff would get used, like in Montreal.
    ... Opening the food building and the Rexall Centre can only do so much ...
    Rexall Centre? What's that? Did they rename one of the other nearby buildings?
    Last edited by Heepster; 12-04-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    Rexall Centre? What's that? Did they rename one of the other nearby buildings?
    I thought that was the huge main convention centre building immediately east of the Food Building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I thought that was the huge main convention centre building immediately east of the Food Building.
    Rexall Centre is where the Rogers Cup happens at York U.

I believe the building you're thinking of is called the Enercare Centre... though that name has changed a'plenty over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20,000 more tickets available seems like the better option to me.

They put in a grass pitch for other soccer games at the Skydome in the past, and that CCL game against the Galaxy was pretty fucking awesome.