View Poll Results: Where would you choose?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMO Field: Home is where the heart is

149 91.41%
  • Skydome: Warmth in numbers, expose the culture

14 8.59%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Toronto with the best chances of winning. That means at home at BMO not Skydome.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wonder though, what will they do about potential winter CCL games if Skydome is no longer available, due to the completed infield changes, or in the future, if the Blue Jays switch to real grass & immovable stands? Despite all the BMO renos, nothing was fixed or improved in the older washrooms & other problem spots, in the west stands & elsewhere. I just checked this year's CCL schedule. DCU, RSL, LAG & Seattle where involved. There were games on Feb 23/24, and March 1/2. I don't even know if they can get the BMO pitch ready for that, despite undersoil heat & winter tarp. But I really doubt we can play at those times in an average cold winter, with all those things not winterized.

Maybe we play our home games at the Big Owe, and then there's a snowstorm & the game is cancelled. JOKE!!!!!

Or switch it to a futsal game at the ACC

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I really wonder though, what will they do about potential winter CCL games if Skydome is no longer available, due to the completed infield changes, or in the future, if the Blue Jays switch to real grass & immovable stands? Despite all the BMO renos, nothing was fixed or improved in the older washrooms & other problem spots, in the west stands & elsewhere. I just checked this year's CCL schedule. DCU, RSL, LAG & Seattle where involved. There were games on Feb 23/24, and March 1/2. I don't even know if they can get the BMO pitch ready for that, despite undersoil heat & winter tarp. But I really doubt we can play at those times in an average cold winter, with all those things not winterized.

Maybe we play our home games at the Big Owe, and then there's a snowstorm & the game is cancelled. JOKE!!!!!

Or switch it to a futsal game at the ACC
    Looking at the CCL sched we don't start the first round till summer though, no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Looking at the CCL sched we don't start the first round till summer though, no?
    I really don't know the overall scheduling, as things have changed recently. Those dates I mentioned were from this year, Feb/March 2016. Might it become a problem next winter (2017/2018), if TFC does well in the CCL next summer & qualifies for the next rounds? Or are those winter games all gone?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I really don't know the overall scheduling, as things have changed recently. Those dates I mentioned were from this year, Feb/March 2016. Might it become a problem next winter (2017/2018), if TFC does well in the CCL next summer & qualifies for the next rounds? Or are those winter games all gone?
    Ok I just looked recently and the group stage will start Aug to Oct next year.

Then WHEN we make the knockout stage we gotta think about the next Feb to Apr.

So it's still an issue but not one we worry about this off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    ...They put in a grass pitch for other soccer games at the Skydome in the past...
    It seemed to work relatively well during summer, when "Rogers Centre's retractable roof was manipulated sufficiently to ensure the newly-laid sod could benefit as much as possible from natural sunlight and air". But as I mentioned in an earlier post, it didn't work very well in November 2013, and I don't think there's been another soccer match there on any type of surface since then.
    Last edited by Heepster; 12-05-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, looking around on the internet a bit, this game will be the coldest MLS match ever, and among the coldest soccer games ever played.

Ever.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2013/1...mls-match-ever

https://www.theguardian.com/football...otball-matches

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...gue_game_ever/
    Last edited by ensco; 12-05-2016 at 08:12 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    Wow - if I did not know better, I might accuse SHWAY as being an MLSE marketing mole or MLSE accounting shill, but of of course I know better - they are all DEAD. What kind of question is this? "Curious to know if you want to play at home at BMO field, on real grass, where MLSE can have a packed stadium but only sell 37K worth of tickets, or shall we play on the road, on fucking astroturf, with a deadened atmosphere, that would give a big advantage to the opposition, but would put WAY MORE BUCKS in the pocket of MLSE....?" Hmmmm.... let me think about that for like one tenth of one nano-second... WTF??? From someone on the boards since 2008? To answer the question... uh no - BMO is the only field ever - put a foot of snow on the ground - it is still home. Let Seattle suck up the snow and the cold just like we had to put up with circa 1980 astroturf in Montreal... I probably have not logged on in a year, but this post gets up my nose - really from someone from 2008?? Interesting...
    and at the end of the day, it was just a question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    and at the end of the day, it was just a question.
    And answered! lol
    Last edited by tiberius; 12-20-2016 at 10:06 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    And answered! lol
    And yet there are people that've been around since 2007 who felt Skydome was their preference. Opinions can be held THAT long. Meh. It's clear not many held that opinion. Fine by me. I agree that there's only one home of Toronto FC.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 12-24-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just have to think what if... In a warmer climate/temperature we may have seen us win way before extra time.

Dec 10 was a moment for the fans and city, and not for the display of the beautiful game that tfc can play.