RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex-boss Leiweke cheering from afar

“I’m watching the fans. I’ve never seen a group suffer more or pay a higher price or hang in there when they shouldn’t have. They’ve earned it. That makes me the happiest.”
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be very happy to see a Toronto/Seattle final at BMO field.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    We need to put that on the back of the 'Started at the bottom' shirt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I would be very happy to see a Toronto/Seattle final at BMO field.
    Yup...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominic Oduro quote "I’m not trying to put words out there, but I think we have a very good team and our chances of beating Toronto are very high.”

Haha....that is pretty overconfident words. I know he has to talk with confidence when talking it up to the media but really....chances of beating Toronto are VERY high? C'mon let's be realistic a bit.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Dominic Oduro quote "I’m not trying to put words out there, but I think we have a very good team and our chances of beating Toronto are very high.”

Haha....that is pretty overconfident words. I know he has to talk with confidence when talking it up to the media but really....chances of beating Toronto are VERY high? C'mon let's be realistic a bit.
    I cannot hate that guy. Even when he's trying to be overconfident he sounds nice. So many ex players would have a go.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I cannot hate that guy. Even when he's trying to be overconfident he sounds nice. So many ex players would have a go.
    Yeah I don't have any issue with him. Plays with passion for whatever team he is on. Definitely can't fault him for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the cup final being played this year?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hessanfefer View Post
    Where is the cup final being played this year?
    Highest seeded team in the final.

If its against Colorado, then its there for all teams.

The only one that cant host it is Montreal, as they are the lowest seeded team.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado vs Toronto or Montreal - in Colorado
    Seattle vs Montreal - in Seattle
    Seattle vs Toronto - in Toronto
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction...Toronto is in MLS Cup final but plays it in Colorado. I don't know how Colorado made it so far but I think they find a way to sneak by Seattle. The games I have watched Colorado play were not that great and the defense looks alright but the final third attacking seems pretty weak. They had 23 of their regular season games end with 0-0 tie, 1-1 tie, 1-0 win and 1-0 loss. Not exactly an offensive powerhouse but are good at holding games to a 1 goal difference or a deadlock.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction...Toronto is in MLS Cup final but plays it in Colorado. I don't know how Colorado made it so far but I think they find a way to sneak by Seattle. The games I have watched Colorado play were not that great and the defense looks alright but the final third attacking seems pretty weak. They had 23 of their regular season games end with 0-0 tie, 1-1 tie, 1-0 win and 1-0 loss. Not exactly an offensive powerhouse but are good at holding games to a 1 goal difference or a deadlock.
    And Tim Howard may win for them again in the PKs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they do have a very good and realistic chance of winning. They always play well in Toronto, and can beat us here. They're not scared because they know this. They absolutely can win in Toronto. In reverse, we can do the same in Montreal. As stupid as the away goal rule is, it really could come down to that. Both teams could say and feel that their chances of moving on are very high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I think they do have a very good and realistic chance of winning. They always play well in Toronto, and can beat us here. They're not scared because they know this. They absolutely can win in Toronto. In reverse, we can do the same in Montreal. As stupid as the away goal rule is, it really could come down to that. Both teams could say and feel that their chances of moving on are very high.
    The problem is Montreal are made to play against our style.
    Having said that i think the best chance we have to win the tie is to go there and score away goals. Get a 2-2 or lose 2-1 by dominating the game and occasionally getting suckered on the break. If they catch us on the break first we can hope for a score loss or a score draw. If we should score first than i think we could win the first leg.

Piatti-Mancuso-Oduro with a Drogba "joker" is a really efficient front group for them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)