Thread: Montreal away

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    So I paid my RPB membership fee months ago, got my card and everything but I never got added to the forum as a member. Who do I message about it?
    fixed!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    fixed!
    Cheers Phil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Cheers Phil
    welcome to the dark side
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent 15 min on hold. A guy answered and told me he was forwarding me to the away rep, Jeremy, and to leave Jeremy a message and he would call back within 48 hours. The initial guy said don't panic as they have lots of tickets for TFC Away Supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    Spent 15 min on hold. A guy answered and told me he was forwarding me to the away rep, Jeremy, and to leave Jeremy a message and he would call back within 48 hours. The initial guy said don't panic as they have lots of tickets for TFC Away Supporters.
    thanks for the update. I just emailed the only Jeremie i could find on their website, as i tend to leave very mumbly messages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    Same here... hopefully I hear back soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Same here... hopefully I hear back soon!

I emailed him at 5 PM yesterday and still haven't heard back. Doubt we'll hear very much until the allocation and section issues are sorted with the SG's.

I wouldn't worry though. All my previous interactions with Jeremie have been great. He'll take care of you once everything is figured out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I emailed him at 5 PM yesterday and still haven't heard back. Doubt we'll hear very much until the allocation and section issues are sorted with the SG's.

I wouldn't worry though. All my previous interactions with Jeremie have been great. He'll take care of you once everything is figured out.
    Good to know...

Jeremie Lavoie i hope!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for update!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just booked my accommodation. Downtown airbnb's are getting snapped up quickly so if you're planning on booking one, do it soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried going on the ticketpro website and seems as if they are sold out or close to it as I can't get 2 tickets together....I left a message for Jeremie to call me back so fingers crossed on that one....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really starting to get worried that my bus and train tickets along with my hotel is going to waste here with nothing on hope of tickets for non members! Please please help. I had no idea about the paid membership until I seen posts about not being able to get tickets unless you're an official member

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit puzzled if the Impact have a "play book" on away supporters why not have sections set aside for visiting support to buy in? Its one thing to allocate tickets to supporter groups to control, but what sense does it make if you then have people who aren't members in a specific group sitting throughout the stadium?

I can tell you right now based on just talking with some friends who are making the trip up you will have a large number of people at this game that aren't "members", whether this group or another. People will just buy tickets where they can, I don't know it just seems like this is asking for trouble. They should have already known this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone please give me a contact to join RPB asap!! Been going to a lot of away games with you guys. Spoke to one of the founders at Legends on Sunday. But forgot to get his number. Really want to shout and support with you guys. Sent email already but haven't got a reply yet.

Thanks guys

TFC TFC TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled if the Impact have a "play book" on away supporters why not have sections set aside for visiting support to buy in? Its one thing to allocate tickets to supporter groups to control, but what sense does it make if you then have people who aren't members in a specific group sitting throughout the stadium?

I can tell you right now based on just talking with some friends who are making the trip up you will have a large number of people at this game that aren't "members", whether this group or another. People will just buy tickets where they can, I don't know it just seems like this is asking for trouble. They should have already known this.
    Tickets for TFC away supporters & TFC supporter groups will be right beside each other...They have that under control.

As long as you contact the impact directly you will be in the same "area" as the supporters groups.
    Last edited by Bluenose13; 11-08-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK... Sarnia TFC.....I panicked.

With flights and hotel booking already in place ....I booked 3 tickets in closest section I could find to 149, 151.......section 143. Anyone else in similar situation feel free to join me....
    Would actually be cool if we could overtake that whole side of the stadium.

If there is chance to trade for tix in TFC section I will do later and sell these ones.

3 TFC tix in hand is worth 6 in la bouche!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets are available in the same sections as the supporters group. I think we need to clear the air. You don't need to be a member of a group to attend the game and be in the designated away stands. Obviously I'm not trying to discourage people from joining the group but just did not someone not to attend the game because they don't think they can get tickets. If you contact the Impact directly they will get you situated in the away stand with tickets. The other thing people need to know, for those that haven't travelled to see TFC, is that when you buy a ticket in the away stand it's essentially a ticket on the terrace. Everyone stands and merely fills in space so essentially, don't count on sitting in your actual seat.

*UPDATE* - It appears Bluenose13 beat me to the punch! Thanks for clearing it up fella!
    Last edited by UpTheReds; 11-08-2016 at 03:52 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Really starting to get worried that my bus and train tickets along with my hotel is going to waste here with nothing on hope of tickets for non members! Please please help. I had no idea about the paid membership until I seen posts about not being able to get tickets unless you're an official member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanscape View Post
    Can anyone please give me a contact to join RPB asap!! Been going to a lot of away games with you guys. Spoke to one of the founders at Legends on Sunday. But forgot to get his number. Really want to shout and support with you guys. Sent email already but haven't got a reply yet.

Thanks guys

TFC TFC TFC

Listen guys, getting a membership does not mean you will have access to these tickets.
    That there is no guarantee, we know very little in terms of allocation.TFC away supporters & TFC supporter groups will be right beside each other or above each other(upper deck)

We don't wont people to apply for membership just to obtain a ticket,we are more then that,our members are volunteers,there is a lots of work to organize trips,tickets,make banners,fundraisers,we would like you guys to join and be a part of this group for more then just a ticket for game here and there.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know everyone is excited and wants to be there. For those that do not have memberships and don't want to wait to see how this shakes out they have started to open up the upper deck today at Olympic Stadium for public sales. Its $29. Even some first row seats are still available. Also it appears they are making you buy in pairs.

https://impactmontreal.ticketpro.ca/...0-c64154424b57

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Listen guys, getting a membership does not mean you will have access to these tickets.
    That there is no guarantee, we know very little in terms of allocation.TFC away supporters & TFC supporter groups will be right beside each other or above each other(upper deck)

We don't wont people to apply for membership just to obtain a ticket,we are more then that,our members are volunteers,there is a lots of work to organize trips,tickets,make banners,fundraisers,we would like you guys to join and be a part of this group for more then just a ticket for game here and there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about just the tickets for me and my friends.we've been travelling a lot with you guys to away games and want to join . or else we can join other group with no membership fees. We just met a lot of RPBs at these games and made friends.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the timeline to have this whole thing sorted still tonight or sometime tomorrow? I've been tasked with getting tickets for about 10 people so I'm weary about hedging my bets if it's highly unlikely I'll be able to purchase tickets in our designated section.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanscape View Post
    It's not about just the tickets for me and my friends.we've been travelling a lot with you guys to away games and want to join . or else we can join other group with no membership fees. We just met a lot of RPBs at these games and made friends.

Cheers
    We'll be having a new membership drive in the spring. Stay tuned. We'll be happy to have new applications!!! Membership involves being actively involved in support in some capacity and a membership fee of $25** (not much more than a BMO beer or two).

** 2016 rate, subject to change.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess my earlier point was more that it would be fantastic if the Impact clearly stated on their ticket site something along the lines of... The following sections are for Toronto support.

Simple. NYCFC did this, worked well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    I guess my earlier point was more that it would be fantastic if the Impact clearly stated on their ticket site something along the lines of... The following sections are for Toronto support.

Simple. NYCFC did this, worked well.

There is a section labeled as being reserved for away supporters. 200 level in the corner. They're just blocked off right now. That's why you can't buy tickets there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like road closures are being put into place around for the stadium for anyone driving.

The club advises supporters to get to the Olympic Stadium early to avoid traffic around Olympic Park and overcrowding at the stadium’s entrance, and to use public transit. Pie-IX Blvd. will be partially closed in the northbound direction, from Pierre-de-Coubertin Ave. to Mont-Royal Ave., preventing vehicles from turning right on Sherbrooke East St. Traffic disruptions are also scheduled on Pierre-de-Coubertin Ave., between Viau St. and Pie-IX Blvd., until the end of the season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure TFC fans have bought tickets in section 149 and 151 already. If you are not affiliated with group, call ticketpro.ca and see if you can get tickets close to or in these sections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    There is a section labeled as being reserved for away supporters. 200 level in the corner. They're just blocked off right now. That's why you can't buy tickets there.
    When are those tickets that are blocked off scheduled to come on sale. Also will they only be for SG's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMFC is running away section ticket sales through the SGs on purpose due to previous crowd troubles. Several other teams do the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    When are those tickets that are blocked off scheduled to come on sale. Also will they only be for SG's?
    W

We don't know. That's the central tension of this thread. Up thread someone said - possibly Phil - that they were likely to become available tonight or tomorrow. But I've also read conflicting comments on whether or not they will be open to non SG members.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Tickets are available in the same sections as the supporters group. I think we need to clear the air. You don't need to be a member of a group to attend the game and be in the designated away stands. Obviously I'm not trying to discourage people from joining the group but just did not someone not to attend the game because they don't think they can get tickets. If you contact the Impact directly they will get you situated in the away stand with tickets. The other thing people need to know, for those that haven't travelled to see TFC, is that when you buy a ticket in the away stand it's essentially a ticket on the terrace. Everyone stands and merely fills in space so essentially, don't count on sitting in your actual seat.

*UPDATE* - It appears Bluenose13 beat me to the punch! Thanks for clearing it up fella!

thanks for this, was annoyed that only SG got tickets, thankfully that's not the situation.