Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Montreal away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I'm watching the US v Mexico game at the moment and it's a bit of a physical affair. It is making me wonder if we should rest either, or both, Bradley and Altidore in the first leg against Montreal and play for a draw. If we can emerge from the big O on level terms it would give us a great chance at home of getting the result which would carry us into the final.

I would acknowledge that it's as a very risky decision. However Montreal have played a counter attacking game throughout the playoffs and they might find it difficult having to take the game to the opposition who have essentially parked the bus. In doing this they might well leave gaps for a fast attacker like Tostain Ricketts to exploit. I think sitting Bradley would be the greater loss of the two, but in Benoit Cheyrou we have a very experienced player who might well prove to be an adequate replacement in a one-off game.

The main reason for this suggestion is the fact both Bradley and Altidore have played 4 games in 17 days (or 5 in 20) and could well be in need of a rest to be at their best. Another consideration is that both are a caution away from missing the home leg, something which could prove disastrous.

Is this a realistic consideration, or do we go all out in the manner that's served us so well this far?
    Couldnt disagree more, the club has come this far and experienced and key players like Bradley and Altidore know what games like this mean. Get in there and play for the 3 points to shut up Montreal infront of their home crowd and give us away fans something to party about!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Couldnt disagree more, the club has come this far and experienced and key players like Bradley and Altidore know what games like this mean. Get in there and play for the 3 points to shut up Montreal infront of their home crowd and give us away fans something to party about!
    Absolutely the Reds have to go at the game in Montreal like they did vs. NYCFC. The US plays at Costa Rica on Tuesday. Jozy and Michael will travel back to Toronto on Wednesday, having a few days of training. So unless a knock is picked up, they will be fine.
    Also Armando Cooper is also playing on Tuesday for Panama.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just heads up, availability of tickets is on its last legs, I would say by the end of the weekend it may see the Sold Out shingle hanging. Act now or forever hold your piece.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeremie emailed me friday night saying that he would handle the payment on monday for our tickets so the away end ticket process isn't completely finished yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jeremie needs an MVP award by the time this is all over. I guess the Impact FO could have been better prepared for this eventuality, but Jeremie seems to be doing what he can.

Let's hope all TFC fans act appropriately, and that Montreal organizes things well on site, so that this becomes an amazing footy festival, and not some garbage BS! (Also because I'll be there in the supporter's section with my daughter...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think Jeremie needs an MVP award by the time this is all over. I guess the Impact FO could have been better prepared for this eventuality, but Jeremie seems to be doing what he can.

Let's hope all TFC fans act appropriately, and that Montreal organizes things well on site, so that this becomes an amazing footy festival, and not some garbage BS! (Also because I'll be there in the supporter's section with my daughter...)
    Agreed on the Jeremie front! Heck we should have a two-stick made for him lol

In regards MTL, take all precautions. Their supporters have no code or honour, I truly mean that. Let us hope all goes well, but I would be alert at all times in particular after the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just booked 2 spots on the rally bus, ticket and transportation ended up being only $105 for the trip! Get in!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    Just booked 2 spots on the rally bus, ticket and transportation ended up being only $105 for the trip! Get in!!!!
    It's $75 USD for the Rally Bus, isn't it?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 44 tickets left on ticket pro for the game. They have been selling like hot cakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I'm watching the US v Mexico game at the moment and it's a bit of a physical affair. It is making me wonder if we should rest either, or both, Bradley and Altidore in the first leg against Montreal and play for a draw. If we can emerge from the big O on level terms it would give us a great chance at home of getting the result which would carry us into the final.

I would acknowledge that it's as a very risky decision. However Montreal have played a counter attacking game throughout the playoffs and they might find it difficult having to take the game to the opposition who have essentially parked the bus. In doing this they might well leave gaps for a fast attacker like Tostain Ricketts to exploit. I think sitting Bradley would be the greater loss of the two, but in Benoit Cheyrou we have a very experienced player who might well prove to be an adequate replacement in a one-off game.

The main reason for this suggestion is the fact both Bradley and Altidore have played 4 games in 17 days (or 5 in 20) and could well be in need of a rest to be at their best. Another consideration is that both are a caution away from missing the home leg, something which could prove disastrous.

Is this a realistic consideration, or do we go all out in the manner that's served us so well this far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    It's $75 USD for the Rally Bus, isn't it?
    Thanks for raining on my parade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rally Bus and Tix booked now ready to go!!!!Let's do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who is on the TFC Rally Bus????

All info here:

http://rallybus.net/mls-conference-finals-game-1

My Group has 6 Spots.

$75 can't beat it Both ways

Guys get on!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to be 'that guy.' I have three in 151 for the game. Does anyone have an extra? Friend wants to come. I'll call Jeremie on Monday but I feel like I may be SOL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of now the Big O is sold out, not a single ticket available online. Would not be surprised if they added more seats as they did with the champions league final. It's going to be an epic night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eleven. If you see this. Your PM box is full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Eleven. If you see this. Your PM box is full.
    Yikes! Fixed! 😬

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked the status of the trip today and 25 have booked on the Rally bus. Seems we were able to fill the bus folks. Way to go. See you all on there.

Any idea about parking? Where is everyone parking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One week from today my ass will be in a seat on the Megabus from Toronto to Montreal!! Can't wait!!

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One week from today my ass will be in a seat on the Megabus from Toronto to Montreal!! Can't wait!!
    One week from today my ass will be on a Via train to Montreal. Same effect. I am literally having trouble sleeping lately...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    One week from today my ass will be on a Via train to Montreal. Same effect. I am literally having trouble sleeping lately...
    It's going to be epic as ever, from a packed McLeans in a sea of Red pregame, rocking the Montreal subway on the way over to the match and then the curtain will rise on this epic match with over 60k in the house. It can't come soon enough !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait - did anyone tell McLean's yet? There's usually about 2 people working on a Tuesday afternoon..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longtime lurker, first post. Just thought I'd let you guys know that I just got a call from Jeremie (1145 AM) and he hooked me up with some tickets in 151. He did mention he only has a few left, but apparently there are still some available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matterlee View Post
    Longtime lurker, first post. Just thought I'd let you guys know that I just got a call from Jeremie (1145 AM) and he hooked me up with some tickets in 151. He did mention he only has a few left, but apparently there are still some available.
    Wow you're lucky. I never would have guessed they still had 100's level tickets at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Oh ever since I booked the tickets for it all I've been like a kid on Christmas Eve, every day is a day closer!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know when the march to stadium is leaving? I'm assuming that we are marching from Mclean's?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio;[URL="tel:1820031"
    1820031[/URL]]Wait - did anyone tell McLean's yet? There's usually about 2 people working on a Tuesday afternoon..
    No need to worry ( : all has been set. McLeans GM Stu Ashton is bring in extra staff, a dedicated bar upbstairs for us which is being open early that day at 2 pm. It's going to be a great one, a sea of Red !!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am sure a good number will be marching from McLeans up to Peel Subway. It would be quite the hike to march out to the Big O to say the least. ( :

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400 level right above our away supporter section is available now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoke with Jeremie earlier. Got my tickets finally. So hyped for the game now.