Thread: Montreal away

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents:

We all support TFC.

Would that all in the past would have supported without being idiotic fools.

Given the great publicity going on for TFC right now, the LAST thing this team needs is another Bozo eruption. After FHRITP and that stupid mysoginistic two stick, the LAST thing any of us want is a 3rd strike due to some person unvouched for being in the middle of the TFC supporter section doing something stupid. That could kill support right when we are building something.

So, unfortunately, if the expectation is police your own, then that is what it has to be and ultimately that is for the good of ALL supporters and for the good of the team we all support. Work within it and we all get a better time. I wish it was otherwise but behaviour of the few (and certainly this approach is equally because of some really stupid stuff by some IMFC types) sometimes has consequences on the innocent many.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-09-2016 at 08:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Honestly, it ain't even about benefits... I personally don't want any new members joining just because of this. FCK that I don't like being used... Members have paid their dues in one way or another or can be vouched for if shit goes south down in MTL. We Police our own if shit happens. MTL is very particular about that and will hold us accountable.
    When it comes to TFC tickets I will never forget that night at the Mansion sitting around before the second season when we divided up those RPB group tickets over beers just to get more fellow supporters into the stadium. I actually found some of those stubs recently. Cheers to this, 10 years in the making.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    When it comes to TFC tickets I will never forget that night at the Mansion sitting around before the second season when we divided up those RPB group tickets over beers just to get more fellow supporters into the stadium. I actually found some of those stubs recently. Cheers to this, 10 years in the making.
    10yrs in the making!! Great recollection - Amen to that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone taking porter for billy bishop? planning to take the 2pm flight and get into MTL for just after 3

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone else needs help and Bluenose, myself, or another RPB member can vouche for you... reach out. We want to help people if we can... especially if you have been here since day 1 and are good peoples.

Edit: I also want to say that German21 is a good man... Has done a shitload for this group in the past years!! However he may not know a lot of you old school guys that are posting back. Again if we can help - we would like to help.
    Awesome attitude Flush. Need more of this when our club is playing in a match we only dreamed about. Great to see, Cheers!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got tickets in 261. My brother and I are going. So my guilt feeling of jumping the gun will compel me to put down the membership dues on Tuesday. (Always wanted to join anyways - just never had the appropriate opportunity) I've been going to games since 2009 SSH since 2012. Away trips - Montreal 3 x LA 1 x So its time I join.

So stoked for this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Hey bud, I am looking for tickets and have already booked a room. I need 6-8. Can you help me out?
    All I can suggest is to get a hold of the impact ticketing office directly.

Jeremie Lavoie is the rep you want to talk to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freddyfvckface View Post
    weak. we're all looking to hit the road to support, and this guy here with the "membership has its privileges" crap. way to show solidarity to your SG over the actual club.
    it's a long complicated answer .... i LOVE the team and supporting at matches, but a lot of the other shit is just annoying ... example, guys saying "uhhhh code is MEMBERS ONLY" and clown shit like that
    What's weak is the entitlement and annoying shit like using "the club" as a reason to get something for you. Solidarity for the group is rewarding contribution. This kind of contribution above seems out of place on a groups forum.

Don't worry we're still looking for as many people to be a part of this epic part of the clubs history but there are people working hard to make sure everyone is taken care of.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 11-10-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it an SG pre-sale? I don't understand that confusion and outrage.

Either way, I think whoever wants tickets will be able to get them and it'll be an epic road trip to cheer on our boys.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    Isn't it an SG pre-sale? I don't understand that confusion and outrage.

Either way, I think whoever wants tickets will be able to get them and it'll be an epic road trip to cheer on our boys.
    Yes. People are just excited and asking for info. Everyone keeping eyes open here will get there.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I expected a little more decorum from a random stranger named freddyf*ckface.

Have no fear, gents. You'll get tickets. Patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone else needs help and Bluenose, myself, or another RPB member can vouche for you... reach out. We want to help people if we can... especially if you have been here since day 1 and are good peoples.

Edit: I also want to say that German21 is a good man... Has done a shitload for this group in the past years!! However he may not know a lot of you old school guys that are posting back. Again if we can help - we would like to help.

I have been at BMO since 2007 and just went to NYC. I am trying my ass off to get 6-8 tickets. Any help would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even as a non-RPB I have to shake my head at randoms getting upset with the you over this, having said that if anyone could give me Jeremie's phone# it would be greatly appreciated, I emailed but he didn't respond yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left my name & number with Jeremie 2 days ago. Every time I call the number they just transfer me to his answering machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. I have also sent him 2 emails. I am going to the match by myself so I want to make sure I can get into a TFC section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received a message from my ticket rep with the link for Supporter tickets. Check your Inbox.

Any news on a same day bus (accessible by non-members)? I'd love to make the trip but can't afford two days off work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to make a chant for Jeremie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfanboy420 View Post
    I think we need to make a chant for Jeremie!

indeed!

also. my tickets don't have row letters or seat numbers on them.... the email does, but not the tickets. going to be a proper orgy on the 22nd haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Care to share that link? I've been trying to reach out forever it seems and nothing in return

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    indeed!

also. my tickets don't have row letters or seat numbers on them.... the email does, but not the tickets. going to be a proper orgy on the 22nd haha
    Good so it's not just me. I guess officially it is being treated as GA. Which really doesn't matter as that's how we do it anyways. Just the lack of row and seat # on the ticket confused me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    that made me laugh for way longer than it should have bahahahaha.

good luck to you all heading to MTL. Went to NYC and it was great fun! Just be safe!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weak. we're all looking to hit the road to support, and this guy here with the "membership has its privileges" crap. way to show solidarity to your SG over the actual club.
    Yes but this was a SG presale and from what i can see all groups have asked not to share the code. There is a public sale coming, the SGs just get first dibs. And that seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    my biggest issue with joining an SG is that i havent got the time to help out and to be frank, outside of standing and singing i have no interest.
    Shame cuz ive bought plenty of away game tickets through this forum in previous years and have been around since before the start when it was that janky forum that some dude overseas owned and there was no name for this group.
    There are plenty that only take part in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    That's fine. Wait a day like everyone else. SG get first-pick because they go out of their way and organize it. Can you really expect them not to want their paying members to benefit first? They organize these sections so they can be with the people they stand with day-in and day-out.

Furthermore, you could call Impact FO like many others have and get seats.
    This is bang on in my opinion. Between Phil, JC, Fizik and heads of other groups, there has been alot of work to get in contact with Impact FO to organize these tickets. Not to mention the work they put in for other away trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    biggest concern is that there are no tickets left. Have called impact and am waiting, called yesterday morning at 904am. Want seats with TFC support cuz i know how nasty it can be to be away support amongst home support, especially in a rivalry match. Funny that some people who call for GA so strongly arent willing to actually make it GA now. I get that this is the way it is and its not changing, dont blame anyone for it but felt i should voice my displeasure as i have been part of this forum for a long time.
    Its already been stated that as sections fill more will become available.

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I don't mean this to sound inflammatory, but it's this kind of attitude that I think puts a lot of people off joining a supporters groups. We're all tfc supporters, hardcore enough to take days off work and give up dozens of hours of our lives to travel to Montreal and new York just to support this team. Is that not what matters more than which group you affiliate with?
    Thanks for coming to the away games, and the support for the team is wanted for sure. But is it too much to ask to wait until the public sale of tickets goes up so that the SGs that are there day in day out, rain or snow, create banners, sing until their voices are gone, stand all game, have first crack? They are the ones that organize the tickets so that we can all get together in the stands for away support.

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    Yeah vs some ponce who's been on the forum since 2014 running their mouth about what we should and shouldn't expect as tfc supporters
    don't know who you are and sorry if you've been involved in the past. but a day to wait for public sale isn't the end of the world. and as flush mentioned there are people he can help out as he recognizes them.

Yes the more the better, but i see no issue with letting the SGs have first dibs, and holding off on public sale for a day. I also have no issue if you make the effort yourself to get in contact with impact FO and get your ticket that way, but understand that man is busy as shit because everyone is trying to do the same. Be patient but like i said before we have been asked not to share the code with the public.
    Last edited by German21; 11-10-2016 at 10:49 AM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah vs some ponce who's been on the forum since 2014 running their mouth about what we should and shouldn't expect as tfc supporters
    Just to be clear on something here - that guy you are putting down does more in the past two years than most. He attends games both home and away, helps with banner prodection and deployment, waves flags all game, does the build up and tear down and sometimes spots in on drumming. Have some respect before running someone down because of their join date.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Personally, I expected a little more decorum from a random stranger named freddyf*ckface.
    That was funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Away Supporters info has now been released to Non-SG public.

Here's all the info from Impact Ticketing... Let's paint Montreal RED!!!!

Below are a few important notes on how to proceed with the purchase of your tickets in the visiting supporter section:
    1. Limit of 10 tickets per transaction
    2. Groups greater than 10, please contact me by email to purchase your tickets
    3. Your designated gate is Gate 13A. Reach the access by the pedestrian Plaza outside the stadium
    4. All tickets purchased in the visiting supporter section are General Admission tickets and will work on a first come first serve basis
    5. If you purchase a ticket, you will receive a copy of the visiting supporters guide by e-mail a few days prior to the match. Please read it over before arriving at the stadium on match day as it contains important information.

Here is how to purchase a ticket in the visiting supporter section:

1) Follow the link : https://secure.ticketpro.ca/?lang=en&server=ww1&promo=TFC1122#achat_RIO22KS16
    2) Select the “Automatic Selection” option at the bottom right of the screen.
    3) Enter the quantity of tickets that you wish to purchase
    4) Click “Add to cart” then “Checkout”
    5) Select “e-Ticket” or “Smartphone ticket” as your shipping method.

Any ticket related questions please direct to:
    Jérémie Lavoie - 514-328-5173 - jeremie.lavoie@impactmontreal.com

As a side note, both teams' front offices have done a terrible job in handling this situation, which has led to a lot of the frustration seen on this board.

Tickets went on sale to the public without any mention of the process for away supporters.
    The sections were identified on the map, but when you logged on to the site, it just appeared as tho they were already sold out - no mention that they would be released at a later date.

It didn't help matters that several RPB members posts on here were quite dismissive of non-members, and made it seem as tho Supporters Section tickets would only be released to SG members. (Although some other members did clarify this later to try and ease people's concerns - thank you to those of you who did!)

If the process had been explained properly from the beginning it would have saved everyone a ton of stress and anxiety.

Why not just make this information readily available from the start?

- Supporters Section would be opened later on (after regular tickets had already been on sale to general public for several days)
    - SG's would get "Pre-Sale" rights first, and then they would be open to non-affiliated Supporters after that.
    - Contact the Impact Ticketing agent (Jeremie Lavoie) directly for Supporters Section tickets.
    - They would open a few Supporters Sections at a time, and would open more once those filled up.

It's not that difficult, and I think everyone would have been fine with that if they had just been made aware.
    Just my two cents /end of rant/
    Last edited by gdg_9; 11-10-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Away Supporters info has now been released to Non-SG public.

Here's all the info from Impact Ticketing... Let's paint Montreal RED!!!!
    Awesome - thanks, gdg_9!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cousin and I are going together and we both were working on getting tickets since last night. I asked around from some old friends on this group, and he was asking his old friends in another We both actually were successful, (which is very strange I know).

Anyhow we now have 2 pairs both in 259 away supporters section and now need to sell one pair. It came out to exactly $60 per pair with service charge, and that's exactly what I will ask for them, not a penny more. Please PM if interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like its sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like its sold out.
    I would keep checking back... Jeremie mentioned to me that they would be opening up more sections as they sold.

I don't think the 500's directly above the Supporters Areas went on sale yet when the rest of the 500's did (although I could be wrong on that)

Or try calling Jeremie directly.
    Last edited by gdg_9; 11-10-2016 at 11:38 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better sell the 500's right above to TFC...otherwise ya'll going to be wearing ponchos.