Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There's still an open question how much organized crime still runs Montreal construction.

I can hardly wait for this game, sleeping may be harder tonight!
    Considering how active the Italian and Jewish mafias are in Toronto, Hamilton and Woodbridge, one would think the Montreal variants are still sitting pretty...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This turf is really starting to worry me.

Taylor Twellman
    @TaylorTwellman
    3h3 hours ago

Safe to say Giovinco is not pleased with the Olympic Stadium turf & he made sure everyone heard it. "danger for all players' careers" #MLS

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Klinsmann firing: good or bad for Bradley tomorrow?

Good: Klinsmann really messed with Bradley's game/head, he has to be pleased to see him gone

Bad: it's been a massively chaotic week for Bradley, he's probably had to spend a ton of time today texting teammates etc. It's a huge distraction
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Considering how active the Italian and Jewish mafias are in Toronto, Hamilton and Woodbridge, one would think the Montreal variants are still sitting pretty...
    The Calabrians in Toronto are much different than the Scilians of Montreal.

Now let's change the subject.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A big positive today was that the news broke after TFC's media availability saving Michael and Jozy from getting bombarded with questions about thus taking the focus away from the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Klinsmann firing: good or bad for Bradley tomorrow?

Good: Klinsmann really messed with Bradley's game/head, he has to be pleased to see him gone

Bad: it's been a massively chaotic week for Bradley, he's probably had to spend a ton of time today texting teammates etc. It's a huge distraction

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11...act-Toronto-FC

Team News

Montreal Impact

• Andres Romero is an injury concern for the Montreal Impact ahead of the Eastern Conference final first leg against Toronto FC.
    • Didier Drogba could feature once again for the Impact after a training ground injury to Matteo Mancosu during the week, although Mancosu managed to play through injury against the Red Bulls.

Toronto FC

• Steven Beitashour is Toronto FC's only injury concern ahead of the Eastern Conference final against the Montreal Impact.
    • Greg Vanney has an otherwise clean bill of health for the away game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pitch is a complete joke. The league should have more of a say on the matter. I hope the boys make it out in one piece. That being said I'd love a 2-1 win or a tie. An away goal is a must though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's game day baby, can you feel it. Wide awake, no sleep in sight!! Guess I will crash out cold once I get on my 6:30 bus in a few hours. Kickoff can't come soon enough !!! See you all in Montreal !!

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It's game day baby, can you feel it. Wide awake, no sleep in sight!! Guess I will crash out cold once I get on my 6:30 bus in a few hours. Kickoff can't come soon enough !!! See you all in Montreal !!
    cant wait either!!! this wait is killing me, even tho i gotta be out of the house in 3 hrs to take a Go downtown then track my way to the terminal... CANT WAITTTTT

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Yes also confirmed by the Impact: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/mo...604/story.html

Who approves bullshit like that? Impact move the better WWC turf (funded by the CSA) to their training facility, but continue to book games at the Big O. Players, 60k fans, and more viewing the game on TV (and forming an opinion on MLS) get a crap worn out surface from 2013, tossed onto concrete with inadequate padding.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is the day!

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For inspiration, the Miracle in Montreal!

TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The L'impact support will be lacking a bit tonight. Apparently SCUM02 is sanctioned by the club for tonight's match due to pyro use on the game against us at the cheese factory. From what I hear no drums or flags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    The L'impact support will be lacking a bit tonight. Apparently SCUM02 is sanctioned by the club for tonight's match due to pyro use on the game against us at the cheese factory. From what I hear no drums or flags.
    Silenced on a derby playoff match? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAME DAY!!!!

Gosh that took a long time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much talk about Piatti for this game and I have respect for the player and what he can do but I think TFC can neutralize him. David Villa was also a player that hurt TFC over and over again whenever we played NYCFC and where was he in the playoffs?....neutralized by the Reds. Piatti plays a different role to Villa but hopefully TFC will have an effective plan to deal with him as well. I trust that Vanney has come up with something. Can't wait for the game. Going to be hard to concentrate at work today. Go Reds!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Now that is just insane.
    Possibly the biggest game of your franchise's history and you try to handcuff the supporters groups? That's just asking for trouble.
    I bet they sneak in stuff. And smaller stuff like smoke and flares is easier to hide than banners and drums.
    Just. Stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazed that today - of all days - is the day Saputo decides to grow a backbone. Better for us I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear that the 5-0 thrashing of NYCFC weeks ago might have created a monster of expectations tonight in Montreal.

I think that the game should be looked upon as one of those World Cup games where it is the last of the group stage and playing in the next round is already a lock. The TFC next round is the second game in Toronto.
    Victory or a draw would be nice bonuses, but TFC can bounce back from a loss. It might even be a bigger motivation for next week in Toronto if TFC have to come back from a deficit (within reason).
    1. An away goal or two should be top priority.
    2. A game free of yellow cards for those TFC already carrying one.
    3. A game free of significant injury from the playing surface

Full backing to those who are travelling... I do not want to dampen your spirits and I salute your dedication.

But I do look at the second leg as the night where our TFC dreams come true....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight as of now is an outright total sellout, packing the Big O to the rafters!! Going to be epic !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel same way: away goal or two plus no injuries = win regardless of actual scoreline (within reason, of course).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody who thinks this is going to be easy is kidding themselves. Montreal is a VERY good team right now. We stack up well against them, but we also did so on that late August night. BUT, that's playoffs at this stage.

All I really want is to be in with a good shot for the return game. Get us there tonight please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody who thinks this is going to be easy is kidding themselves. Montreal is a VERY good team right now. We stack up well against them, but we also did so on that late August night. BUT, that's playoffs at this stage.

All I really want is to be in with a good shot for the return game. Get us there tonight please.
    I agree and am feeling very nervous about this game. Montreal was kinda underestimated a lot of this year. But they're a solid team, and if I can see any team in MLS tapping into the TFC jinx it's them. I think Bradley will be the key for us. If he plays his solid game, slows things down, disrupts, all the things we know he can do, we will win this. But I'm nervous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did their flight to Montreal leave from Downsview Airport? Does that happen very often?
    http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/11...vember-21-2016 (at about 23 seconds into video)
    Last edited by Heepster; 11-22-2016 at 01:11 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I agree and am feeling very nervous about this game. Montreal was kinda underestimated a lot of this year. But they're a solid team, and if I can see any team in MLS tapping into the TFC jinx it's them. I think Bradley will be the key for us. If he plays his solid game, slows things down, disrupts, all the things we know he can do, we will win this. But I'm nervous.
    As we should be. At this point of the playoffs the odds, favourites and experts' picks mean very little. All four remaining teams are more than capable of taking the Cup.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is everyone going down to Shoeless Joes for this match? And another rookie question because I've never made it out there before, but which location do you regularly go to? Google turned up more than one :/

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

1. Piatti is on a roll. Our D has great difficulty with him.
    2. Drogba has accepted his super-sub role and could cause major problems near the end of the match.
    3. Montreal is very difficult to break down defensively.
    4. Anyone who thinks the one-sided crowd won't benefit Montreal, even if its just to intimidate the ref, is naive.
    5. The crappy turf 100% benefit's Montreal. First they know it much better. Secondly their type of game benefits from the increased speed of play.

So this game is going to be very difficult. of course we have our own secret weapon in Seba.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Is everyone going down to Shoeless Joes for this match? And another rookie question because I've never made it out there before, but which location do you regularly go to? Google turned up more than one :/
    1189 King Street West.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Your answer (and RPB meet at the Showless Joe's listed here): http://redpatchboys.ca/game-day/where-to-watch/
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets get stuck in!