Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Nothing would make me more happy than Jozy scoring the game winning goal off a MB assist and both of them saying "fuck you Klinsmann."
    Nothing like that has happened the previous international breaks, so I'm worried.

Gotta love Klinsmann. I have no idea why the US soccer establishment likes him. First he brings TFC the Winter regime, where TFC became literally the worst team in the (top flight professional) world. Now he's doing his best to wreck the USMNT chances for the next WC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba was at Raps game, sitting court side next to Tanenbaum and George Cope.

Man is he tiny!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cope is a giant of a man though, yea? Isn't he well over 6ft - like 6'5, 6'7 range?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seba was at Raps game, sitting court side next to Tanenbaum and George Cope.

Man is he tiny!
    Weird, saw him next to Larry T and Brendan Shanahan... poor guy had no one to talk to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Cope is a giant of a man though, yea? Isn't he well over 6ft - like 6'5, 6'7 range?
    Probably 6'5". Big for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has a full week to forget about the USMNT. Fatigue won't be a factor by Tuesday, and there is a week of training with guys not named Jermaine Jones and refocusing. I'm not worried in the least. Especially with the away leg up first. He will focus on shutting down. If the long passes and free kicks look rusty, we'll live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN did a promo for the match during the Leafs game. Interviewed Drew Moor and they put up shots of a bunch of other players in attendance. Saw Seba, Bradley, Johnson, Chapman and Bono at least. They may have put something up on the jumbotron as well as everyone was clapping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    TSN did a promo for the match during the Leafs game. Interviewed Drew Moor and they put up shots of a bunch of other players in attendance. Saw Seba, Bradley, Johnson, Chapman and Bono at least. They may have put something up on the jumbotron as well as everyone was clapping.
    They scored while he was being interviewed. Great reaction here

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffVeill...30921686548481
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 13m13 minutes ago Juan Guzman will referee the first leg of the Eastern Conference final at Olympic Stadium. #TFCLive #MLSPlayoffs

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo2015 View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 13m13 minutes ago Juan Guzman will referee the first leg of the Eastern Conference final at Olympic Stadium. #TFCLive #MLSPlayoffs
    One of my favourite Blue Jays.
    Hopefully he will bring us luck.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not one to want the weekend to fly by but Tuesday can't come soon enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    One of my favourite Blue Jays.
    Hopefully he will bring us luck.
    The jheri curl ALWAYS brings luck.

Disappointed I'm not making the trip. The ticket fiasco certainly didn't help matters.

I'm wondering if Vanney might consider swapping Cooper for Johnson in either of the two games, as the added defensive discipline might be useful to prevent Piatti from seeing too much space down the left. Then again, if it ain't broke...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    The jheri curl ALWAYS brings luck.

Disappointed I'm not making the trip. The ticket fiasco certainly didn't help matters.

I'm wondering if Vanney might consider swapping Cooper for Johnson in either of the two games, as the added defensive discipline might be useful to prevent Piatti from seeing too much space down the left. Then again, if it ain't broke...
    It may come into play more so in the second leg (or if MTL goes absolutely insane in the first 15 minutes and Vanney needs to stop the bleeding).

Agreed that it would help slowdown Piatti but, if it ain't broke ...
    Leave the formation the way it is for the first half, then if it is still 0-0 or we have the away goal already in out back pocket then I would consider the switch around 60-65 minutes
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked in another thread, but it died:

Does anyone know what the bag policy at Stade Olympique? If possible, I'll be bringing some work to do on the way to and from Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need an away goal. A 2-2 draw would be good. I'd take a 2-1 loss if need be. But, can't be shut out.

Last season, the team was not able to react to a change from a sitting back 4-1-4-1 to a pressing 4-2-3-1. Vanney didn't adjust tactics and we got killed in those 2 games.

I'm confident this team will be ready for whatever Biello throws at them, and I fully expect him to switch it up somehow. They've been doing good with the sitting back and press. But, with so much time to think about things, I think he's going to try to spring something.

This game is going to be won in the midfield. If Montreal gives that up and sits back soaking up, the ball movement we have shown in the last month will get through.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumar View Post

Does anyone know what the bag policy at Stade Olympique? If possible, I'll be bringing some work to do on the way to and from Montreal.
    If they don't allow something they have a place where you can check it in and pick it up later.

http://parcolympique.qc.ca/en/the-pa...ty-guidelines/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came across this interesting clip from the NYC away game. Its hilarious - at 1:34 - the sound of utter, utter frustration and extreme despair. We'll invoke this again on Tuesday !!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfVzkjlCWDU

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Need an away goal. A 2-2 draw would be good. I'd take a 2-1 loss if need be. But, can't be shut out.
    I'd say it's important for TFC to get the first goal. Montréal is too good at bunkering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing that snowfall could possibly postpone the match:

https://twitter.com/24thminute/statu...81360715128832

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know its a complete mess for fans if that happens but that would be sooooo Impact to put the game indoors to grab cash but not be able to play it with that big crowd due to snow on the roof.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I know its a complete mess for fans if that happens but that would be sooooo Impact to put the game indoors to grab cash but not be able to play it with that big crowd due to snow on the roof.
    Holy f that would be deadly if they postpone the game. I'm going Mon. - Wed. with my daughter. Train leaving too early on Wed. to catch a game if it were postponed a day. BTW if they get 15 - 25 cm of snow as some are predicting, I don't think they could play at Saputo either. Just too much snow to clear, and I don't think they even have sub-soil heating or drainage at Saputo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Holy f that would be deadly if they postpone the game. I'm going Mon. - Wed. with my daughter. Train leaving too early on Wed. to catch a game if it were postponed a day. BTW if they get 15 - 25 cm of snow as some are predicting, I don't think they could play at Saputo either. Just too much snow to clear, and I don't think they even have sub-soil heating or drainage at Saputo.

We'll have to insist on having it @ BMO then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Montreal right now. It hasn't started snowing yet nor does it really feel like it's going to start imminently. I think it's highly unlikely we get 15-25 cm before tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im seeing predictions for a cloudy day, no snow on Tuesday. Unless Accuweather, Weather Network and CBC are wrong, there wont be snow.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Im seeing predictions for a cloudy day, no snow on Tuesday. Unless Accuweather, Weather Network and CBC are wrong, there wont be snow.
    5-15 cm on Monday. Can they melt it on time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says 2-4cm on Monday on the weather network

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    5-15 cm on Monday. Can they melt it on time?
    Where are you seeing 5-15 cm predicted? I mean, I'm a world champion worrier, but I don't see it yet. I think partly because it's staying above freezing in Montreal during the day today. They are getting lots of precipitation today, but it will be mostly rain. (Would have been a big problem if a few degrees lower.)

Starting tonight & all of Monday, Weather Network is saying 2-4 cm for Montreal.

Environment Canada prediction is a bit confusing, not sure how they split "tonight" from Monday, but I think they also say 2-4 cm...?

Accuweather is saying 5-10 cm total snow from start to finish.

What's the snow limit for the Big O roof? Wikipedia is confusing, it seems to say 3cm, holy shit now I'm worried again. Other places seem to suggest a higher snow limit. Is the snow melting system for the roof still in place? At least the snow will finish by about 11pm Monday, it will barely be below 0 degrees, and Tuesday will be mostly sunny, giving the snow some time to melt.

When will the decide this? Also, aren't we supposed to receive a bunch of rules via email? My train is booked for Monday morning...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking like closer to 5 cm total now, sunny and plus 2 on Tuesday. With the roof melting system should be nothing to worry about.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumar View Post

Here's the actual policy: http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/pos...en-6pm-tuesday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'm in Montreal right now. It hasn't started snowing yet nor does it really feel like it's going to start imminently. I think it's highly unlikely we get 15-25 cm before tuesday.
    good thing you aren't in Ottawa....