Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel really good about the next round, home field, in front of 37000+ fans, all cheering on our boys. Instead of 61000+, (at least half of which I'm sure were bandwaggoners or just straight up Toronto haters) we'll have 37000 hardcore fans, most of which will know the songs. It's going to be epic.

I don't want to jinx it but I don't see us making the flagrant individual errors we made on Tuesday. Gio is going to have that extra pep and it's impossible to have worse accuracy than he did last game.

Bernier, Bernardello... we wear them out going full tilt from the get go and those geriatrics won't be able to keep up. Their defense truly is garbage, Ciman included.

We get one back at any point, early or late, they'll be the ones making mental errors. I honestly don't think I'll be worried even if we concede early. These boys want it and we're already in Montreal's heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any footage/ photos of the game/ crowd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Any footage/ photos of the game/ crowd?
    Some of these are impressive particularly the shot of the TFC/Impact crowd

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/photo...mpact-playoff/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone lost a red under armour hoodie at the game, msg me and I'll bring it to BMO on the 30th.
    If anyone FOUND a season 10 scarf, please let me know because I lost mine at the end of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Cro View Post
    I feel really good about the next round, home field, in front of 37000+ fans, all cheering on our boys. Instead of 61000+, (at least half of which I'm sure were bandwaggoners or just straight up Toronto haters) we'll have 37000 hardcore fans, most of which will know the songs. It's going to be epic.

I don't want to jinx it but I don't see us making the flagrant individual errors we made on Tuesday. Gio is going to have that extra pep and it's impossible to have worse accuracy than he did last game.

Bernier, Bernardello... we wear them out going full tilt from the get go and those geriatrics won't be able to keep up. Their defense truly is garbage, Ciman included.

We get one back at any point, early or late, they'll be the ones making mental errors. I honestly don't think I'll be worried even if we concede early. These boys want it and we're already in Montreal's heads.
    Cmon man, we have just as many bandwagoners here as well. We've a larger number of dedicated fans but to suggest the 37,000+ fans that will be in BMO on Wednesday are all 'hardcore' fans is crazy. And anyway, what's wrong with people jumping on the bandwagon? We need bums on seats and if people are coming to be part of history, they may very well enjoy themselves and come back again. If they bring kids/friends and they all come back, thats 3 or 4 more people who will frequently come back to watch live football and times that again. Absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as they decide to come back. And lets be honest here, that 61,000 in MTL did a hell of a job creating an atmosphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Irishman View Post
    Cmon man, we have just as many bandwagoners here as well. We've a larger number of dedicated fans but to suggest the 37,000+ fans that will be in BMO on Wednesday are all 'hardcore' fans is crazy. And anyway, what's wrong with people jumping on the bandwagon? We need bums on seats and if people are coming to be part of history, they may very well enjoy themselves and come back again. If they bring kids/friends and they all come back, thats 3 or 4 more people who will frequently come back to watch live football and times that again. Absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as they decide to come back. And lets be honest here, that 61,000 in MTL did a hell of a job creating an atmosphere
    Firstly, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with bandwaggoners as we all were at some point. No one starts liking a team when they’re down and out. Unless, of course, you’ve been there from the beginning. Bandwaggoners grow the sport, something we’ve all wanted to happen for TFC and I’m no different, we welcome them with open arms. Soccer is a harder sell in Toronto considering we have more professional teams, less air time from the media, and at the price of tickets for these games, I doubt it will be someone’s first TFC game. More likely to bring out the fans who have been around for longer is all. Whereas in Montreal, with tickets being sold at $30 to the general public, you’re much more likely to bring in the outlying fans. Also much easier to make it loud in an enclosed, cavernous stadium vs our three sided masterpiece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Cro View Post
    Firstly, I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with bandwaggoners as we all were at some point. No one starts liking a team when they’re down and out. Unless, of course, you’ve been there from the beginning. Bandwaggoners grow the sport, something we’ve all wanted to happen for TFC and I’m no different, we welcome them with open arms. Soccer is a harder sell in Toronto considering we have more professional teams, less air time from the media, and at the price of tickets for these games, I doubt it will be someone’s first TFC game. More likely to bring out the fans who have been around for longer is all. Whereas in Montreal, with tickets being sold at $30 to the general public, you’re much more likely to bring in the outlying fans. Also much easier to make it loud in an enclosed, cavernous stadium vs our three sided masterpiece.
    I get what you're saying but its a shame that it takes a game like this to bring out those who been around linger as you say. Wouldn't be incredible to have 37,000 at every home game? Make BMO a place where teams hate coming to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Irishman View Post
    I get what you're saying but its a shame that it takes a game like this to bring out those who been around linger as you say. Wouldn't be incredible to have 37,000 at every home game? Make BMO a place where teams hate coming to
    Oh for sure, we already have pretty darn good attendance even without the extra 5000-6000 extra Grey Cup/Outdoor game seating. Attendance has never really been a problem, it’s the active fan base and media attention that’s lacking. However, my heart still aches at the lack of a respectable North stand since we took in the Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    3-5-2 doesn't work against good 4-3-3 side and Limpact are really good with that formation and counters as we saw in first 60 minutes of the game one.
    With Johnson and Ricketts TFC switched from a 3-5-2 to a 4-3-3 formation,and that was main reason why we scored 2 goals,do we really want 3-5-2 at BMO and get exposed from the beginning to Limpact counter attack?

We need to start with 4-3-3,since we need to score at least 1 goal and keep clean sheet.
    Johnson brings stability in the middle and with his grit he brings other guys around him to fight for every ball instead of watching it,nothing against Osorio,but these are playoffs and dancing with the ball want get us into the MLS final.
    Ricketts up front is giving us that extra threat from get go,Giovinco can play behind big and speedy froward,Limpact defense will get stretched out as they were last 30 minutes in game one.

Once we are up by 2 or 3 goals,you don't need 3 forwards and you can always go more defensive ,brings subs to help control midfield,like Copper who can draw fouls after fouls and kill some time.
    It wasn't a 4-3-3 we switched too. We still had three CB's and two fullbacks on the field after the subs. It was a 3-4-1-2. We're still vulnerable on the flanks with that. It's not a smart way to start the game. If we're chasing a goal after 60 minutes, go for it. We can't risk going down a goal early though. Play our game, see how the first half goes. We can switch it up if it's still not working. Having Johnson on for Osorio with the everything else remaining the same solves a lot of the problems we had to start the game.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 11-24-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about that laser pointing at TFC players the entire time? Fucking BS that they didn't do anything about it for 90 mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    How about that laser pointing at TFC players the entire time? Fucking BS that they didn't do anything about it for 90 mins.
    That was my biggest pet peeve of the game. Pure amateur hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saw a pic of Spanish great Raul on twitter, he was in the Montreal section watching the game. Now there was a player....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    If it's not illegal then why wouldn't we do that in the return leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    If it's not illegal then why wouldn't we do that in the return leg
    Because Toronto media would be all over it and his face would be plastered on the front page the next day. Probably have a SG banned too for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That wasn't the first time that the Montreal Impact have gotten 61000 or close to that number, they have gotten that number or close to it a few times before for an Impact game at Olympic Stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You stick to the formation that got you there, you just adjust accordingly. You still play 3 at the back, you just ask the wing backs to sit back and the three mids to space out properly and keep proper shape. It should look like a 5-3-2 when defending, transitioning to a 3-5-2 in attack. We just need to play the disciplined counter attacking football we did against NYFC and we will win and go through.

we were caught flat footed, we have to come out concentrated and ready from second one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got back from Montreal last night, only had a chance to read the last 3-4 pages of posts.

Obviously Beitashour, Hagglund & others on defense had problems; also Irwin on the 3rd goal. But if you let Montreal run straight at your 3-man defense with little protection, it will go wrong more often than not.

Just one example: check the highlights, and watch Bradley as each Impact goal starts to develop. In each case, he's close to the developing play at first, and in each case he reacts late, and then jogs. Like Oldtimer said, sometimes we get Good Bradley and sometimes Bad Bradley. Tuesday night was mostly bad Bradley. He looked much better in the other playoff games so far, shutting down so many plays in the middle. Where does that come from? Since two of the Impact goals were early in the game, I can't believe it was a stamina/fatigue issue. He just seemed (like on other Bad days) to be out of it, not intense, not looking around or aware in advance of the developing danger, and then jogging rather than sprinting. Post Klinsmann hangover?

Even on the 3rd goal by Oyongo: maybe Bradley is in the wrong position to really tackle, or doesn't want to go in hard & earn his 2nd yellow. However he didn't need to. If he had just run full speed with Oyongo instead of jogging behind him, he could have rushed Oyongo, perhaps pressured him to one side, and reduced the available time & options for passing, dribbling, or shooting. That would also have made it much easier for Moore, instead of Moore having to face Oyongo running at him full speed in a totally open field, with every option available.

In the previous playoff games, when a player was coming up the middle, there were usually two TFC players to confront him. Often a midfielder plus a defender. One challenges; the other ready to mop it up if the attacker gets past.

Not trying to assign all the blame to Bradley; the defenders & Irwin all had their own problems. But I expect the most from Bradley, he's the captain & the midfield engine, he as among the most big-game experience. It makes all the difference if he rises to the occasion & leads by example, or not.

Of course, Cooper was also partially to blame, as was Osorio. I didn't feel they pressed or challenged as much as in the past games. And in the 3-5-2, the play & positioning of Beitashour and Morrow have to be balanced by all the midfielders, with the latter ready to cover back when the wingers/wing backs are forward.

I hope this all gets corrected by next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    We got back from Montreal last night, only had a chance to read the last 3-4 pages of posts.

Obviously Beitashour, Hagglund & others on defense had problems; also Irwin on the 3rd goal. But if you let Montreal run straight at your 3-man defense with little protection, it will go wrong more often than not.

Just one example: check the highlights, and watch Bradley as each Impact goal starts to develop. In each case, he's close to the developing play at first, and in each case he reacts late, and then jogs. Like Oldtimer said, sometimes we get Good Bradley and sometimes Bad Bradley. Tuesday night was mostly bad Bradley. He looked much better in the other playoff games so far, shutting down so many plays in the middle. Where does that come from? Since two of the Impact goals were early in the game, I can't believe it was a stamina/fatigue issue. He just seemed (like on other Bad days) to be out of it, not intense, not looking around or aware in advance of the developing danger, and then jogging rather than sprinting. Post Klinsmann hangover?

Even on the 3rd goal by Oyongo: maybe Bradley is in the wrong position to really tackle, or doesn't want to go in hard & earn his 2nd yellow. However he didn't need to. If he had just run full speed with Oyongo instead of jogging behind him, he could have rushed Oyongo, perhaps pressured him to one side, and reduced the available time & options for passing, dribbling, or shooting. That would also have made it much easier for Moore, instead of Moore having to face Oyongo running at him full speed in a totally open field, with every option available.

In the previous playoff games, when a player was coming up the middle, there were usually two TFC players to confront him. Often a midfielder plus a defender. One challenges; the other ready to mop it up if the attacker gets past.

Not trying to assign all the blame to Bradley; the defenders & Irwin all had their own problems. But I expect the most from Bradley, he's the captain & the midfield engine, he as among the most big-game experience. It makes all the difference if he rises to the occasion & leads by example, or not.

Of course, Cooper was also partially to blame, as was Osorio. I didn't feel they pressed or challenged as much as in the past games. And in the 3-5-2, the play & positioning of Beitashour and Morrow have to be balanced by all the midfielders, with the latter ready to cover back when the wingers/wing backs are forward.

I hope this all gets corrected by next week.
    I agree with this totally. Bradley seemed out of character. We need him at his best to win this. I think he's key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, Bradley didn't play his best and he'll need to improve in the next game to get through to the final. That said, the guys in front of him were abject in their pressing. all of those goals are prevented if we had pressed the same way we had in the last series. Don't let Bernier and Donadel turn. That's the lesson we have to learn from this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't heard anyone mention this - is Beitashour okay? Looked to have a bit of a leg cramp or something at the end of the game and went off for Bloom...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone get Hurt via Beer Cans Bottles of Water, My bro Got smoked in the back of the Head full bottle of water. Total Bull shit! Joke for Security.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard something funny in the Montreal-based SportsCentre show, about the game in Montreal. Initially they were planning to pressure-wash the incorrect lines off the pitch. Remember that there is concrete right under that crap plastic turf. The penalty area would have been nicely flooded. Luckily they found 6 cans of green spray paint somewhere in the building, and used that instead. It was actually the type of spray paint you would use on metal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello
    It's taken me a couple of days to get to this because every time I think about what happened, I get into another state of panic. This is regarding us being penned in the tunnel after the game.
    I need your help on 2 counts.
    The first, I need to find a (very kind) woman with curly dark hair, who had a 1-2 year old son that was wearing blue ear protectors and she was also there with her husband. Any leads would be greatly appreciated as I have to thank her profusely for looking after me.
    The second, a guy brought a phone number to the lady that helped me and said he had the whole thing on video if I wanted to press charges. I then misplaced that phone number but would really like to have the videos as I have decided that, whilst I really don't want to relive what happened, something needs to be said and done about it.
    I guess I need one more piece of help, too. What do I do here? How do I make sure that it doesn't happen again? I was absolutely terrified for my own and everyone else's safety and what started as frustration from everyone for not being allowed to go to the toilet, soon turned into panic. I read the rules that said we would be held for 20 min after the game - nowhere did it say held at seats. The away fans section concourse was fenced in, why weren't we allowed there where it was safer to hold that many people? Do I complain to TFC and have them help? Olympic Stadium? The security firm? The Impact FO?
    Thanks so much, in advance
    R
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!