Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Lazarus FC...

I honestly thought we were dead and buried when that third Montreal goal went in. There's a lot of work still to be done and the Impact are still in the drivers seat, but I'm just glad we are still alive given the way the first hour unfolded.

What precious, precious, away goals! I know we were very poor tonight but you have to credit the team for their never-say-die attitude. They kept plugging away, and in the end, got the reward their efforts deserved. It is wonderfully ironic that possibly our worst player, on a night of poor performances, was the man who grabbed that second, possibly crucial, away goal. You could hear the big "O" deflate when that went in.

We we still have it all to do next week of course, and Vanney must get his preparations right, but if you had told me at 60 minutes that a 1-0 win next week would take us through, I'd have wanted you certified.

Its as a strange, but sometimes glorious game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh - and we survived that shit pitch....60,000 fans....laser boy...and crappy groundskeeper...get it right fucking up ye L'Impact!!
    !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two road goals !! Its on!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I may be naive but I'm not sure that the 5 security guards they had separating the sections would be considered adequate.

Hoping the boys and girls make it home safe.

2 away? Yep. It's on back at home.

(Who said playoff soccer was dumb? )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All things considered, a good result. Osorio was weak and looked lost out there. Hagglund messed up on both goals in the 1st half. Caught flat footed on the 1st and ball watched on the 2nd. Can't do that if you are playing only 3 in the back. Should be fun next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I may be naive but I'm not sure that the 5 security guards they had separating the sections would be considered adequate.

Hoping the boys and girls make it home safe.
    Not enough for that guy with the stupid laser... Smh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The subs, the switch from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3... MAGNIFIQUE!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was madness. Almost turned it off after IMFC goal #3. Shitty turf got all the way inside Cooper's head. And Altidore's too, but he was able to put himself back in the game in that special way we love.

Was really dreading a fait accompli game next week, but now it will be a test of who wants it more, should be a cracking game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first half, Montreal clearly dominated on the counter attack and aside from Giovinco's run down the line, there were no scoring chances. Great last 30 minutes though. Great move by Vanney to bring in Johnson and Ricketts. They made an impact immediately and really took the momentum away from Montreal. Nov. 30th will be one for the ages!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, there was def a different feel to our flow once Ricketts and Johnson came on.

I hope Beitashour's knock isn't as serious as looked.

Just got home from the bar, tuned in to Seattle and Colorado!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They rescued the tie. We were so lethargic until we got our first goal. Montreal's first was decent, we had a bit of a breakdown in positioning between the mids and left side of the back line. The 2nd and 3rd goals though were riddled with individual mistakes. We have to be way better than that next week.

Bradley had no energy. I don't know how to explain it. Did Klinsmann run this guy into the ground over the break? He was so slow, he just looked gassed from the start. It makes no sense, he was everywhere vs. NYC. He redeemed himself with the goal though.

Ricketts was excellent off the bench. Johnson did well also, I would consider starting him next week.

Crazy game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very excited for next week, we win were in
    ok if we win 3-2 it goes to overtime and if we win 4-3 were out but those are not really likely outcomes
    i didn't want to go to bmo and see a tie anyways, i want to see a win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    The subs, the switch from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3... MAGNIFIQUE!!!
    Gio was playing as a number 10 really. 3-4-1-2 or just turned the midfield triangle point forward in the 3-5-2...

Cooper was committing too often up the field...you need Johnson starting next leg. Maybe move Cooper in place of Oso...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    International break really killed our momentum
    I have to agree with this. I know it's a level playing field and all teams need to deal with it, but the trouncing the USA took over two game has left Altidore and Bradley somewhat shell-shocked. Hopefully their goals tonight will restore their confidence to where it was prior to the International break

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think I'd start Johnson over Cooper next week. Need a bit more bite on the side Piatti likes to come down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious horseshoes tonight. That was clearly a foul by Altidore on the second goal.

Ricketts needs to come on at halftime next week. He is a serious difference maker.

Hagglund, man ... on top of everything else he got schooled late by Drogba, we were damn lucky they didn't get a fourth there.

Gritty performance, on a night when we were poor, in the end.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great heart ...Ricketty Crickets is our fucking magic bullet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that Og. I was worried how Alti and Bradley would play after having their asses handed to them twice with USA. Their confidence would have been hit hard and the US has a long haul to make the World Cup now.. the there is the distraction over the last two days with the coaching change. They both had a poor first half. Give them credit they stepped up to rescue the tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Serious horseshoes tonight. That was clearly a foul by Altidore on the second goal.

Ricketts needs to come on at halftime next week. He is a serious difference maker.

Hagglund, man ... on top of everything else he got schooled late by Drogba, we were damn lucky they didn't get a fourth there.

Gritty performance, on a night when we were poor, in the end.
    I thought so too regarding Jozy but saw and another angle and the guy slipped.

That was actually a decent result for us. Shocking considering how it started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed the way TFC were playing the ball, they're really not used to this kind of artificial turf. It may account for the slowness of their play, it slowed them down considerably when passing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit turf LOl. Haglund slipping on the turf caused the first goal as well. We'll eat them alive at home.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, and ya'll can shoot me for saying this....

Full credit to the Impact supporters cause they were really REALLY loud.

They came out and supported.

Now they also had a stupid laser pointer idiot that security couldn't seem to find.

BUT, it can only be good for the game in this country to see that many out.

I look forward to us all bringing the Circus next game.

Time to bang the drum, stomp the feet, wave the flag, scream the lungs out, cheer with all the gusto.

36K+ its going to be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just by the way, that play where Cabrera flicked the ball up to head it back to Bush so he could grab it is illegal. Should have been an indirect free kick for us. It would be great if MLS refs knew the laws of the game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Shit turf LOl. Haglund slipping on the turf caused the first goal as well. We'll eat them alive at home.
    Hagglund being an absolutely useless footballer is what caused the first goal. What on earth was he thinking trying to step into space in a 3 man centre back role. Schoolboy stuff. Im no fan of Vanney whatsoever but credit where its due, excellent tactical switches as Osorio was anonymous (occasion got to him a bit?) and Seba was having no joy against Cimon and Camara. We looked much more comfortable with 2 men up top and Giovinco hovering around in behind. Those who want to see Cooper dropped for Johnson are off the wall. The chap has been probably our most consistent player since arriving. One subdued performance doesn't change his effectiveness. Simply put, he's a far better player than Johnson.

I can't see us being as poor again next week but jesus we are awfully frail at the back. Atmosphere should be electric next week as it was tonight. I fancy us next week, 2-0, no fuss.

Its fcucking on now chaps!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one all over Beitashour? Bad game from him tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At 3-0.....I was like wow...gutted...3-1...i was like 2-0 at bmo doable!!!..at 3-2 i was like...

We’ve got Bradley, Michael Bradley! I just don’t think you understand. He’s Super Vanneys man, he’s better than Zidane. We’ve got Michael Bradley!”

To the tune of....

https://youtu.be/sZAP1KhI9Mk

LEARN IT!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tie is there for us. We played horrible tonight and scored 2 scrappy goals to keep us in this tie! I've been a SSH since day 1. I've been waiting for a big night like this at BMO field. Massive crowd, terrific atmosphere, chance to play in a cup final, I'm going to enjoy it I really am.
    Last edited by UpTheReds; 11-22-2016 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field is gona be insane....next week!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Rubbish tonight and honestly, I don't rate him. Himself and Hagglund equally culpable for he second goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah he really struggled - might not have been fully fit. The second goal was 95% his fault. Not sure if I would start him next week. I'd be leaning to Johnson to start for Cooper or Osorio. I wouldn't take too much from that overall performance given the conditions - the boys dragged themselves back into it and it was a win in all reality. We really should go through.