Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day Playoffs Rd 3 Leg 1 - Turn Your Love WAY UP - TFC @ IMFC Tue Nov 22

OK

We are a step closer.

Have At It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thinking:

There is going to be a LOT of attempts at incitement over the next few weeks. Twitter is going to be a farce. Larson is going to be a freaking pain.

I don't care.

I got one thing I am going to approach all this. Love of the team I follow, love of the game, love of being in this position that lots of other teams did not get to this season. Love for my fellow supporters.

I am going to Turn My Love WAY Up Inside.

Let the Haters Hate.

Don't Care

Otherwise, this experience is just going to be too freaking stroke creating.

Going to surf this feeling for the next 24 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotel already booked.

Not a member this year but have been on and off since 2008. Happy to put $25 in the group pot to get tickets with y'all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is the contact for tickets? In Montreal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto v Montreal to represent the east in the MLS Cup.

DOES IT NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS, MY PEEPS?!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those going to Montreal: stay safe guys. I'm sure those Impact fans would love to get us sanctioned for the home leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotel already booked i can't wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Megabus is cheap at the moment, via still has escape fares for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great match-up. We are riding high.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn!
    I'd go if this was on a weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were these tickets part of the initial playoff pack we purchased? If not how much are they gonna ding us for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll be coming from Ottawa. I've got to call for tickets first thing in the morning in the away support sections. On the diagram it says they're in 149, 151, 257, 259, 261, and 263. It looks like the tickets will be $37. Pretty cheap for what the game represents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be an insane atmosphere at the Big O for this one. The boys need to be ready.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 11-07-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a shame that the Eastern COnference finals are being played during the week, and the Western get the luxury of a weekend fixture! Would definitely love to represent the 416 in MTL. But yes...be safe! Bring the noise!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI --- the first leg in Seattle just got moved to the Tuesday night as well (after the the Tor vs Mtl game) --- Seahawks play at home on the Sunday ---see its not just Toronto that has other sports affect their schedule....frankly I'm shocked the Colorado home game on the 27th wants to go up against the Broncos vs Chiefs at the same time, when Denver is Broncos country much more than Rapids country and fans may be less inclined to go/watch when their Broncos are playing at the same time....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All booked for Mega Bus, arriving at lunch time on the 22nd, leaving in the afternoon the next day. $62.68 was the total. Not bad at all.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see this game...it is TFC vs Piatti. He is literally their only wild card against us I think. If we can keep him quiet Montreal will fall. If he is given room to operate he can have those individual moments of glory where he can hurt us like he did before and he did to NYRB recently. I don't think they have much else and TFC have been able to handle the rest of the Impact well this year so that trend will hopefully continue.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a heads up, most of the ticketing contacts and reps traveled yesterday, so it will be a couple days before we get all set up as a group for this match. Updates will be posted.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    The way I see this game...it is TFC vs Piatti. He is literally their only wild card against us I think. If we can keep him quiet Montreal will fall. If he is given room to operate he can have those individual moments of glory where he can hurt us like he did before and he did to NYRB recently. I don't think they have much else and TFC have been able to handle the rest of the Impact well this year so that trend will hopefully continue.
    If Drogba feels like playing, he can be a problem too.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Keep Piatti quiet. Get at least 1 away goal in Montreal. Then TFC can go all the way.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drogba off the bench is another wildcard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's a fair assessment although they have a few other scrappy contributors.

I would put Piatti as my MVP this year TBH. Heck of a player, just playing for the wrong team

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is gonna be a battle.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like they are open to selling tickets in the temporary stand. This game is gonna be nuts. (oops, put this in the wrong place. I meant for our game obviously).
    Last edited by Canary10; 11-07-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little surprised Montreal is electing to have the game at the Big O instead of Saputo. Obviously I get going for extra revenue, but they crushed us at Saputo last year, figured they might have wanted to host there again and play up the fact that we're going back to the place where it ended for us. Also, not that I would really expect any management team to consider this seriously, but there's some evidence that referees are more influenced in favor of the home team when fans are physically closer to the pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I'm a little surprised Montreal is electing to have the game at the Big O instead of Saputo. Obviously I get going for extra revenue, but they crushed us at Saputo last year, figured they might have wanted to host there again and play up the fact that we're going back to the place where it ended for us. Also, not that I would really expect any management team to consider this seriously, but there's some evidence that referees are more influenced in favor of the home team when fans are physically closer to the pitch.
    Other consideration is moving from grass pitch that Impact know well for the last several months to crappy turf field that they haven't seen since probably opening day. Wouldn't that level the playing field a bit too with both teams getting used to the pitch? Also, will prima-Drogba play on turf for them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. I would think it would be advantageous to them playing at Saputo with the fans so much closer to the pitch. So I think it is a good thing for us moving it to the Big O. Hopefully that is the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The energy of 60,000 fans might alleviate some of their concerns. Besides, they have won plenty of big games at the Big O over the years.

Like Jack said, this is going to be a tough battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what's the story with Bradley and Jozy and the USMNT Nov 15? are we really losing them to this game in the middle of our play-off run? Can you imagine if they get injuries??

WTF?!?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, its an official FIFA calender break and they are playing their two biggest rivals for a place in the World Cup. Price of having internationals.