Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    So we have Bradley and Altidore away for Int'l week but Montreal has lost 3 players (Ciman, Oyongo, Venegas) whom all have to travel further. On top of that, MLS allowed extra time for additional rest so it's not a major concern unless someone succumbs to injury.

Anyone know why Cooper wasn't called up to Panama? Has he not been with the team recently?
    He has been called up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    He has been called up.
    Oh yeah? Where did you see that? TFC only highlighted the Bradley and Altidore call ups and the MLS site only lists Quakes players called up for Panama.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Oh yeah? Where did you see that? TFC only highlighted the Bradley and Altidore call ups and the MLS site only lists Quakes players called up for Panama.
    On twitter, saw pics of him at the airport plus he is listed on the 25 man roster they called in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama...#Current_squad

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are (gulp) now "favoured" to win the MLS Cup - or at least considered the most likely, based on MLS' models.

Not that predictive models are having a very good day today!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/1...er-power-index
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juan Guzman has been assigned to the first leg of the Eastern Conference Final. Not the the member of the 1992-93 Blue Jays World Series teams by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if Canada has any games this weekend as well. Oso, Ricketts and Johnson may also get a call up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    Anyone know if Canada has any games this weekend as well. Oso, Ricketts and Johnson may also get a call up.

They play S. Korea on Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up Sonny...we support our new number 10 for Canada... Osorio... He's the link we may be missing....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    They play S. Korea on Friday
    No TFC players were called in because of The Reds were still in the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine Olympic Stadium like this on November 22 , its well on the way to becoming reality. Its going to be simply amazing, a truly memorable night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this game would sell out as soon as it was known that TFC would play IMFC; however now I suspect it won't be. 45-50k is my prediction. I hope I'm wrong and it sells out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I thought this game would sell out as soon as it was known that TFC would play IMFC; however now I suspect it won't be. 45-50k is my prediction. I hope I'm wrong and it sells out.
    Montrealers tend to be last-minute people, quite different from Torontonians in that regard. I expect a sellout.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Oh yeah for sure, I'm not suggesting you guys have an obligation to help non-members, not at all. I've just noticed a few members on here get their back up now that the bandwagon is rolling, which is a bit lame to say the least.
    Personally, I love the bandwagoners.

That is what is supposed to happen when a team does well.

Who I have a bit of a laugh at, are all of the people who gave up their seasons a couple of years ago and have been buying for every game off of the ticket trader and now complain that they can't get tickets.

Surprise!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abou Sky View Post
    Personally, I love the bandwagoners.

That is what is supposed to happen when a team does well.

Who I have a bit of a laugh at, are all of the people who gave up their seasons a couple of years ago and have been buying for every game off of the ticket trader and now complain that they can't get tickets.

Surprise!
    I am one of those, and am happy to do that. No surprise for me, I thought about all this quite carefully when I didn't renew. I will probably pay $500 or something to see the MLS final, and will be thrilled to do it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EL DUQUE'----' View Post
    Hi.

If you're up that early fire up yer youtubes and it'll hopefully be on Canada soccer's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaSoccerTV
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No TFC players were called in because of The Reds were still in the playoffs.
    And they are at the start of a cycle and trying some new kids.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a little concerned with the Start time for leg 2....has anything been said about a possible change to 8pm instead of the current 7pm.....it just doesnt work or make sence on a mid week game in Toronto.

Hope its being discussed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for the link FYR, time to see what the future holds.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Still a little concerned with the Start time for leg 2....has anything been said about a possible change to 8pm instead of the current 7pm.....it just doesnt work or make sence on a mid week game in Toronto.

I know some people that would have made the game if was at 8PM but are not coming to it since it is at 7PM because they can't make it that early midweek. I doubt they change the time though even though it would seem to accommodate more people. It will be sold out no matter what time it is and that is all that MLSE care about. Probably have TV coverage dictating the time too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I know some people that would have made the game if was at 8PM but are not coming to it since it is at 7PM because they can't make it that early midweek. I doubt they change the time though even though it would seem to accommodate more people. It will be sold out no matter what time it is and that is all that MLSE care about. Probably have TV coverage dictating the time too.

Yea sell out no matter..but empty seats at the start of mid week games that start at 7pm..is a defo downer...they should already know this anyways from history...I was reading somewhere with montreal supporters saying they are happh with there 8pm start for the same reasons.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea sell out no matter..but empty seats at the start of mid week games that start at 7pm..is a defo downer...they should already know this anyways from history...I was reading somewhere with montreal supporters saying they are happh with there 8pm start for the same reasons.
    I hear you and I agree with you. Would be awesome to see a full stadium from the start because we rarely see it.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hear that the temp south stand will be on sale soon, sounds like it'll be priced @ $55/ticket.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Hear that the temp south stand will be on sale soon, sounds like it'll be priced @ $55/ticket.
    That is great to hear, will give many more peps the opportunity to get in on the experience of the Reds in the post-season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is great to hear, will give many more peps the opportunity to get in on the experience of the Reds in the post-season.
    I gota take a half day off and get to the the city early.....this will be the greatest night we will have seen....the road to the final!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBC radio hosts take off early for the game, who has a boss who is that much of an asshole that they won't let them off early for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my tickets for the 22nd, for anyone who has not yet and need a spot to stand, Jeremie (jeremie.lavoie@impactmontreal.com) is still the guy to go to. He said they are going quick (he would say that, but...). See ya there, I'm excited! (crazy that it is still a dozen days away)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am one of those, and am happy to do that. No surprise for me, I thought about all this quite carefully when I didn't renew. I will probably pay $500 or something to see the MLS final, and will be thrilled to do it.
    Your situation is a bit different, you haven't been going to most of the games for $10 each and scoffing at paying $200/season per seat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a common story in sports. The most vivid current example is the Golden State Warriors fan base. The "core" is in Oakland and were paying, call it, $50/game for decent seats.

Now the team is awesome, Silicon Valley has taken over, the seats are $100-150 each, and the team is moving to SF.

The hardcore that carried the team for 40 years are SOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the game on Fox Sports, it's likely the start time will be pushed back by 15-20 minutes, so this might help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Friend Grant Needham is reporting that Montreal has sold 40,000 tickets already for the game, lot's of time left to get to 50 or 60k. For a mid week game - that's going to be epic.