Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets even better

"The Disciplinary Committee was unanimous that Villa's kick deserved a red card, but it was not unanimous that it was of an egregious nature with the need to protect player safety."

Taken from
    http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/11/01/david-villa-nycfc-toronto-fc-kick-armando-cooper-mls-playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    It gets even better

"The Disciplinary Committee was unanimous that Villa's kick deserved a red card, but it was not unanimous that it was of an egregious nature with the need to protect player safety."

Taken from
    http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016/11/01/david-villa-nycfc-toronto-fc-kick-armando-cooper-mls-playoffs
    increeeeedible

fucking bush league move, right there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much money did Man City give to have him play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shocking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the?

So he deserved a red but not a suspension when a red wasn't given.

That is some mighty fine jurisprudence they got there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left shaking my head, simply as that. So if had been given a red on Sunday, there would have been a pretty good chance the subsequent one game suspension could have been rescinded?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I call total Fucking Bullshit!!!!

It gets even better

Taken from
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Left shaking my head, simply as that. So if had been given a red on Sunday, there would have been a pretty good chance the subsequent one game suspension could have been rescinded?
    100%

Just like you can make a wager that TFC will make more fouls than NYCFC this Sunday. Guaranteed we're up against the officials for the rest of the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets even better

Taken from
    In "1984" Orwell introduced us to the words doublethink and newspeak. A word he DIDN'T use - but which combines the two - is doublespeak. Doublespeak is saying one thing and meaning another, usually its opposite.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    100%

Just like you can make a wager that TFC will make more fouls than NYCFC this Sunday. Guaranteed we're up against the officials for the rest of the way.
    The fix (maybe) is in for a NYFC/LA MLS Cup final?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-01-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, I don't care about this. I would rather beat a full-strength NYCFC to leave no doubt who is the better team. Plus a tougher game will better prepare us for the next round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appalling but not unexpected. MLS has no integrity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Eh, I don't care about this. I would rather beat a full-strength NYCFC to leave no doubt who is the better team. Plus a tougher game will better prepare us for the next round.
    I am not surprised about the decision Hopefully they can use this as a motivation on Sunday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I think there's too much interconnection between the concourse and the stands for those railings and sign. There's an expansion joint right there, to isolate the movement of the stands.

You get as much movement on bridges when heavy trucks first get on them, so it may be just fine. Do have to check the harmonics of the design, though, don't want a Tacoma Narrows.
    The resonance is not the main thing I'm worried about. It's the continuous, repetitive flexing of the structural members that I'm worried about a fatigue fracture at some point in the future. You know how you sometimes bend a metal spoon when scooping ice cream, then bend in back into its original shape? Do that enough times and it will snap at the bending point. If that kind of movement has been going on all season...

Then again, most engineers do the calculations then add a factor of at least two to the margin of safety. But that's usually for static loading, I don't know if they imagined that much of a flex. They had better make a structural inspection of the supporter section stands at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It doesn't have to be NYCFC, it can be the Red Bulls, so long as they get the TV Market in play.

I think you'll see Montreal get bad calls on Sunday and the Red Bulls will go through. But if Montreal somehow squeezes through, I think we'll see some pretty balatant calls/non-calls for the TFC game. TFC or Montreal could win, but not both.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets even better

Taken from
    This is a horrendous decision. Way to throw out integrity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team will be very motivated. This, and the snub to Seba on the MVP. My comment in the other thread was:
    This is fantastic news for us on the pitch. I remember how angry Seba was when he hit the post with a penalty shot last year. He took over the game and I think scored a hat trick, if not at least two and an assist. If he reacts the same way to this snub we will dominate the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    The team will be very motivated. This, and the snub to Seba on the MVP. My comment in the other thread was:
    This is fantastic news for us on the pitch. I remember how angry Seba was when he hit the post with a penalty shot last year. He took over the game and I think scored a hat trick, if not at least two and an assist. If he reacts the same way to this snub we will dominate the playoffs.
    I was just thinking this. Us vs Everybody. All for one. Win the whole damn thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS wants an all NY east final to build that market. Then of course NY vs LA is their dream icing on the cake.

We're gonna have to overcome alot to change that. With all we've seen from this league, they don't hide well how damn fake it is. They manufacture what they want to try and help their struggling TV numbers, and Canadian viewers do not count towards that. A TFC vs Montreal East final is the last thing MLS wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can guarantee that David Villa will flop in the box and get a penalty kick in the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rlwldchld View Post
    I can guarantee that David Villa will flop in the box and get a penalty kick in the first half.
    100%.i think garber will be the forth official for this game with a headset on.MLS stands for mickeymouse league soccer

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah...not a conspiracy. Disco has done weird stuff like this for much of the season. The issue is the rule allows them to not suspend a person for certain fouls that they say should have been a red. I suspect that loophole will be closed over the offseason.

Move on - we proved ourselves the better team. Let them act like idiots and let NYRB do the "us against the world" crap.

Stick to the plan, be consistent, don't get overly hyped or upset and rub them into the Yankee stadium grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the course of the season I just thought Pro Referees were shit, it has become apparent that they were keeping to their eyes on MLS' pre determined story line.

I think that if we're still ahead at the 70 minute mark there will be cards handed out to make sure if TFC goes up against the Red Bulls they will be short handed.
    Last edited by jimiv; 11-01-2016 at 05:42 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Over the course of the season I just thought Pro Referees were shit, it has become apparent that they were keeping to their eyes on MLS' pre determined story line.

I think that if we're still ahead at the 70 minute mark there will be cards handed out to make sure if TFC goes up against the Red Bulls they will be short handed.
    If they're smart, they'll had out red cards to NYC, then we're dead for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It doesn't have to be NYCFC, it can be the Red Bulls, so long as they get the TV Market in play.... TFC or Montreal could win, but not both.
    Very sad but very true in my opinion. Reminds me of the Kerry Fraser non call on Gretzky for the high stick on Doug Gilmour in '93 playoffs. Gary Betman just couldn't allow an all Canadian final when the owners brought him in to get the big American network contract they never had. Greed, it rules this world. Also makes me wonder how the Blue Jays were ever allowed to win consecutive world series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Very sad but very true in my opinion. Reminds me of the Kerry Fraser non call on Gretzky for the high stick on Doug Gilmour in '93 playoffs. Gary Betman just couldn't allow an all Canadian final when the owners brought him in to get the big American network contract they never had. Greed, it rules this world. Also makes me wonder how the Blue Jays were ever allowed to win consecutive world series.
    Simply cause they made it happen. Officials can't stop you from walking off in the 9th inning.

You have to beat them so cleanly and/or badly, there's nothing that can be done to stop you.

I don't agree sports are fixed, but that doesn't mean they aren't influenced. Of that I'm certain. I would bet a large sack of money that no one from MLS will tell this weekend's ref crews to "help NY win" but the subject matter covered in preparation will certainly influence that sort of direction. Things like "don't let Giovinco fool you going to ground" "don't let Cooper flop" "make sure you watch how they foul Villa". That sort of stuff.

Too much money involved in sport for there not to be this sort of practice. Garber's job and the Owners team values depend on TV money, which is hurt by Canadian teams playing in big games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Cause the jays had the best team in baseball then!!

And TFC are a better team NYCITEH... Villa does not scare me...they cant handle the pace of Toronto....but if Toronto plan on parking the bus...this could be suicide...we need to go after that first goal.

no fix...see u in the conference final!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    100%.i think garber will be the forth official for this game with a headset on.MLS stands for mickeymouse league soccer
    Don't be surprised our Friends in Montreal will have the same fate in there game against The Red Bulls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Cause the jays had the best team in baseball then!!

And TFC are a better team NYCITEH... Villa does not scare me...they cant handle the pace of Toronto....but if Toronto plan on parking the bus...this could be suicide...we need to go after that first goal.

no fix...see u in the conference final!!
    If TFC continue the Press game they were doing on Sunday they should prevail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    How much money did Man City give to have him play
    Sheikh Mansour's pockets are no doubt deeper than MLSE's... However there will be some sort of Man City tour or all star game deal for next year that should cover it.